Man who called police on black woman at North Carolina pool no longer has job

Did he get to explain what made him think she had no pool pass?
If the assumption is racism and the firing based on that assumption then that’s racism itself.
How does that work? Dismissing racists is racism? No. Dismissing someone because of their race is racism.

If the assumption is racism and the firing based on that assumption then that’s racism itself.
How does that work? Dismissing racists is racism? No. Dismissing someone because of their race is racism.
But he may not have called the cops just because the woman was black. He and another said they didn't recognize her.
If he's fired for assumed racism then that is based on skin color and that's a racist defense. Making It a racial issue when it may not have been is a racist presumption. They'd be guilty of what they're blaming him for.

Being a property manager in my younger life...I can understand why he did what he did. How can I relate to it? Simple. When you have a large apartment complex that has a very large pool...there are people in the neighborhood that want to use that pool...residents be damned. I know because I had to deal with the same shit. Lowlife scumbags and their heathen brats would invade our pool..and my residents had to take a back seat because there were too many IN the pool that were NOT residents of the apartments. And yes....some residents would give their gate key to some schmuck, who in turn would invite all his/her lowlife assholes to come join the party at the pool. Um. No. Not on my watch. I kicked shitloads out and sometimes even had to have help from the police because some had attitude (mainly blacks).

Do I agree with his actions? Depends. I didn't click the link. But if this guy PAYS rent (which is probably atrocious), then he has a right to question who is taking up space in a coveted summer activity. Should he have been fired? FUCK NO. I am so sick of people being fired over shit they do when NOT at work. Again, depending on what they did to begin with.

Why does calling the cops on a woman in a pool have anything to do with his employment?
He works at the pool.

I meant "worked".

No he didn’t. He was just another resident and decided to enforce the rules, as he saw them. On people who didn’t belong in his neighborhood. If they had sneaked into the neighborhood then they should have the good grace not to go out in public.

Glad he got fired. I assumed it would be Monday, but nope.
You are lying piece of shit.

Why does calling the cops on a woman in a pool have anything to do with his employment?
He works at the pool.

I meant "worked".

No he didn’t. He was just another resident and decided to enforce the rules, as he saw them. On people who didn’t belong in his neighborhood. If they had sneaked into the neighborhood then they should have the good grace not to go out in public.

Glad he got fired. I assumed it would be Monday, but nope.
You are lying piece of shit.

EBF67388-C067-4A07-AC9C-578AFAEAED85.jpeg

I have read the guy's defenders above and realize they have no defense for him or their opinions.

If he's fired for assumed racism then that is based on skin color and that's a racist defense. Making It a racial issue when it may not have been is a racist presumption. They'd be guilty of what they're blaming him for.
Dude. Put down the argument and slowly back away from it. It's already blown up in your face once.

Racism is about racial superiority and racial discrimination, not about assumptions of causes. Tell me, are you a Cracker? You've got that sort of reasoning.

But if this guy PAYS rent (which is probably atrocious), then he has a right to question who is taking up space in a coveted summer activity.
If his agreement says he has the right to demand ID then he has a perfect defence. I haven't seen that defence made.

She had a pass, she had a right to be there.
Was she prevented from going in?
She had the pass, and he interfered with her right to be there.

You still didn’t answer the question.

He didn’t interfere if all he did was call the police. Once they arrived and determined what was going on, they either removed her or they didn’t. If they removed her then it’s on the police. If they never did then she was never denied her “right” to be there.

did the jerk who called the police come up with a justification?

Yes. He thought she wasn’t a resident and didn’t belong there. He probably just never saw her before.

He did the right thing and called the police and let them handle it. I assume they found out she had a pass and let everyone go on their separate ways.

The company could have merely been protecting it's business reputation. If one of your employees ends up in the media facing allegations of racism I'd think most companies might be concerned about how that would reflect upon them having hired someone who might actually be a racist.

But if this guy PAYS rent (which is probably atrocious), then he has a right to question who is taking up space in a coveted summer activity. Should he have been fired? FUCK NO. I am so sick of people being fired over shit they do when NOT at work. Again, depending on what they did to begin with.
Maybe he shouldn't have been acting like it WAS his job to regulate who had access to the swimming pool by calling the police on her. He probably would still have his job if he hadn't been trying to exert an authority he didn't have.

Maybe he shouldn't have been acting like it WAS his job to regulate who had access to the swimming pool by calling the police on her. He probably would still have his job if he hadn't been trying to exert an authority he didn't have.

As an elected official of the HOA board, ya he did have authority over common areas.

Now with that said, and not having witnessed the entire event, I only assume that the major problem here was a lack of tact on his part and defensiveness on her part. Was she a fairly new resident to the development? Was she someone that used the pool frequently?

A little tact on his part introducing himself, explaining he was an HOA board member and one of his areas of responsibility was overseeing the pool, and they had problems with non-residents trying to use the pool. Welcoming her to the community and in the process getting her name and address (through discussion and not overt questioning) things would probably gone a lot differently.

.>>>>

He didn’t interfere if all he did was call the police. Once they arrived and determined what was going on, they either removed her or they didn’t. If they removed her then it’s on the police. If they never did then she was never denied her “right” to be there.
He had no cause to remove her.

He had no cause to call the police.

He had no cause to remove her.

He had no cause to call the police.

He didn’t remove her.

He had cause, he thought she didn’t belong there. He did the right thing and called the police, and let them settle it.

Forum List

Back