black woman accused police of assault in north carolina

RAS is a reasonable suspicion. If someone has been stopped on a reasonable suspicion, they can be ID'd. Failure to provide ID can result in an arrest.
you forgot articulable,, that means they have to articulate what the suspicion is and it has to be reasonable and not some crazy stretching of reality only they can see,,

She was operating a motor vehicle. It's the law.

§ 20-29. Surrender of license.

Any person operating or in charge of a motor vehicle, when requested by an officer in uniform, or, in the event of accident in which the vehicle which he is operating or in charge of shall be involved, when requested by any other person, who shall refuse to write his name for the purpose of identification or to give his name and address and the name and address of the owner of such vehicle, or who shall give a false name or address, or who shall refuse, on demand of such officer or such other person, to produce his license and exhibit same to such officer or such other person for the purpose of examination, or who shall refuse to surrender his license on demand of the Division, or fail to produce same when requested by a court of this State, shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor.

sure would like to see the rest of that law,, and it also conflicts with another law and why only this part gets posted without links,,

the entire law was posted 2 pages ago.
when I pull it up its just a blank page with just that paragraph,,,

the law it conflicts with that says you dont have to ID on demand doesnt say unless you are driving so which is it??

and the cops never articulated thats why they were demanding id which is required of them,,

that means they have to articulate what the suspicion is and it has to be reasonable and not some crazy stretching of reality only they can see,

Yes, and if they do, the detainee does not have to agree with the reason. The detainee has the right to sue if they feel the detention was not reasonable and a court will decide.

There is no onus on the officers to secure the agreement of the detainee.

Yes, and if they do, the detainee does not have to agree with the reason. The detainee has the right to sue if they feel the detention was not reasonable and a court will decide.

There is no onus on the officers to secure the agreement of the detainee.
in this case they didnt,,
and the 1st A gives them the right to contest it anytime they want,,,

as for sueing them,, hows a poor person supposed to do that when the cost of it could run into the high tens of thousands of dollars??

and the 1st A gives them the right to contest it anytime they want,,,

The next time you are detained by an officer ... tell them you don't believe their suspicion is reasonable and then walk away.

Please record it, the resulting video should be amusing.

The next time you are detained by an officer ... tell them you don't believe their suspicion is reasonable and then walk away.

Please record it, the resulting video should be amusing.
you keep skipping over the articulable part of it,,, why is that??

This thread led to me learning about the law for which states require showing an ID when an officer requests that you do so with probable cause, referred to as “stop and identify”. The states in gold below have such a law.

This woman will not be charged for a crime as this occurred in NC and not within a stop and identify state.
Sorry about the switch up below. The other map had North Carolina marked as a state with the law, which is not factual for 2022, the map below shows the assessment.
1666123353626.png

Last edited:
If you don't believe their suspicion is reasonable, they must have articulated it to you.

I took it for granted that you're not telepathic.
or they just said they have reasonable suspicion and didnt articulate it,,,

I never said whether I believed anything or not,,,

you leftist are fucking nuts with your word twisting and misquoting people,,,

This thread led to me learning about the law for which states require showing an ID when an officer requests that you do so with probable cause, referred to as “stop and identify”. The states in gold below have such a law.

This woman will not be charged for a crime as this occurred in NC and not within a stop and identify state.
Sorry about the switch up below. The other map had North Carolina marked as a state with the law, which is not factual for 2022, the map below shows the assessment.
View attachment 712023
every state a cops can ask for id if the suspect a crime. and you Are in are were a persoin is loose or missing. they suspect everyone. search cars , properties and ask for ids.

every state a cops can ask for id if the suspect a crime. and you Are in are were a persoin is loose or missing. they suspect everyone. search cars , properties and ask for ids.
no they cant,,,

they can ask but in most cases you are not required,,
just because a bad crime happens doesnt mean all rights are nullified,,

In California you are required to "identify yourself" when requested by an officer, that can be a simple declaration " I am John Doe and I live at 123 ABC street". If you are operating a motor vehicle you are required to surrender your driver's license upon request. I had a couple of interesting examples of that. When I was in college, I was pulled over when riding a bicycle and the cop wrote me for refusing to produce a license. (I didn't have it with me) I beat that one in court because you aren't required to have a license to operate a bicycle. The other was when I was in the Army Reserves, I was a passenger and ranking person in Army sedan. The driver was pulled over by the CHP for speeding. I instructed him NOT to provide his civilian license and to let me handle the situation. I greeted the officer and after some fairly acrimonious discussion, I requested he show me his abstract of the vehicle code. Then I showed him that military personnel, on active duty weren't even required to have civilian licenses, let alone produce them. I also advised him that as the vehicle commander any ticket should be written to me as I was responsible for the operation of the vehicle. After some more discussion and realizing that no matter what he did he wasn't going to be able to write anyone a ticket that would hold up in court (or even be processed by the system as military DLs have different number configurations than civilian ones) he decided to laugh and let us go. He even thanked me for showing that passage in the motor vehicle code. Of course, during this entire thing, I was exceptionally courteous and pleasant despite his frustration. Getting hostile towards any cop is a losing proposition.

Forum List

Back