Zone1 Greetings from Moscow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Privyet... kak dila? I'm a Texan but I lived and worked for BP in Moscow and Nizhnevartovsk for 4 years. Like this shithole, I loved the people, and hated the corrupt govt. I got crosswise with Roztechnadsdor (sp?) and FSB issued a warrant for my arrest. I eventually was snuck out of the country after BP paid $100K in bribes.

I married a Russian woman and adopted her daughter. It took a year to pull then out of mother Russia after I was forced to flee, but we're all happy in Texas now. Best thing I ever did.

Is the country still fucked up? Is the mafia still more trustworthy than the government? I miss the people over there... but I can never return. :icon_cry:

biden to putin retard.jpg

Do you think the special military operation is supported by most Russian people or is there growing opposition as is reported in US News?
For the most part Russians live in state propaganda bubble. Probably around 70% support the war.

There is very little that Putin's government can't convince them of in absence of any real opposition or public freedom of speech.

Privyet... kak dila? I'm a Texan but I lived and worked for BP in Moscow and Nizhnevartovsk for 4 years. Like this shithole, I loved the people, and hated the corrupt govt. I got crosswise with Roztechnadsdor (sp?) and FSB issued a warrant for my arrest. I eventually was snuck out of the country after BP paid $100K in bribes.

I married a Russian woman and adopted her daughter. It took a year to pull then out of mother Russia after I was forced to flee, but we're all happy in Texas now. Best thing I ever did.

Is the country still fucked up? Is the mafia still more trustworthy than the government? I miss the people over there... but I can never return. :icon_cry:

View attachment 938136

Also between the two, one runs a governmetnt that will not jail you for your public opinion and is much less likely to take a bribe.

For the most part Russians live in state propaganda bubble. Probably around 70% support the war.

There is very little that Putin's government can't convince them of in absence of any real opposition or public freedom of speech.
I know what the external view of Russian opinion is, I'm asking someone who is purportedly a Russian for his opinion.

Do you think the special military operation is supported by most Russian people or is there growing opposition as is reported in US News?
The absolute majority of the Russians support the special military operation. It's quite clear that Kievan regime and it's ideology should be eliminated. The question is about the ways of that solution. Say, 80% believe that the experts should decide when and how Russia acts. Other twenty percent have their own ideas about other ways to solve this crisis - like, say, a military escalation, increased trading wars against the West, assasination companies, political and ideological interventions and so on.

View attachment 938136
Privet. Dela u prokurora, u nas - delishki. Russia is still great, by your prayers, thank you very much. I'm not a person to messing up with the big guys. Fly below radars, do your job and everything will be OK - that's my motto.

Actually not. The GDL was part of 'European world". You use the term 'Russian' too broad. Rus and Russia aren't one and the same. History of 'Russia' began with the GDM.
Actually, the first mention of the word "Rossia" was in X century. It's simply Ellinised word for "the land of the Ruses".

Actually not. The GDL was part of 'European world". You use the term 'Russian' too broad. Rus and Russia aren't one and the same. History of 'Russia' began with the GDM.
The half of Europe is Russia. The official language in GDL was Russian, official religion - Orthodox Christianity. It seems quite enough for me to describe it as a part of the Russian world.

Rodina didn't call me, yet. And anyway, Russia do not fight Ukrainians. Russia fights against Kievan regime (at least officially).
Lynching a Bear

Do Russians understand that there is a Globalist conspiracy, of which the American ruling class is only a part, that has been out to destroy Russia since Yeltsin's time? Instead of welcoming the end of the Communist economy, the World Bank part of the organization persuaded Yeltsin to support a wild and terminal type of Capitalism that created your billionaire thieves . The second part of the plot to dismember Russia was to strangle it with hostile NATO missiles on all its borders.

When the Cold War was supposedly over, Bush appointed an expert on the Soviet Union, which should have been an obsolete specialty, as his foreign-policy advisor. Then he occupied Afghanistan solely as an outpost against Russia.

I hope you understand that the Russians live in the one babble with the Ukrainians. May be that's why the Russians support the special military operation.

And in the presence of the continuously increasing wealth. A fridge is much more effective agitator than a TV.

The absolute majority of the Russians support the special military operation. It's quite clear that Kievan regime and it's ideology should be eliminated. The question is about the ways of that solution. Say, 80% believe that the experts should decide when and how Russia acts. Other twenty percent have their own ideas about other ways to solve this crisis - like, say, a military escalation, increased trading wars against the West, assasination companies, political and ideological interventions and so on.
Do Russians read other sources of information other than what is provided by The State?

But not millions, yet.

So what? Zelenskiy killed them. He ordered them to commit suicide, fighting against Russia.

No, not millions "yet".

It's still a war.

Oh right, so Russian logic is "Russia invades, so if you fight back you're committing suicide"?

Russia's been talking to China too much.

Privet. Dela u prokurora, u nas - delishki. Russia is still great, by your prayers, thank you very much. I'm not a person to messing up with the big guys. Fly below radars, do your job and everything will be OK - that's my motto.
Molodyetz.... shasliva y udachi.... :beer:

Also between the two, one runs a governmetnt that will not jail you for your public opinion and is much less likely to take a bribe.
Yeah, and the other one shits his pants in public and raped his 11-year old daughter in the shower (where was mommy??).

I had no idea you're a Putin fan.

Actually, the first mention of the word "Rossia" was in X century. It's simply Ellinised word for "the land of the Ruses".
Yes, but ironically this was a Byzantine term and was first used there; from there it expanded to the Latin lands, or more correctly what was left out of them, and transformed into now widely used 'Russia'. In 'Russian' lands it came into usage since somewhere the 13th century.

The half of Europe is Russia. The official language in GDL was Russian, official religion - Orthodox Christianity. It seems quite enough for me to describe it as a part of the Russian world.
You know, the term Russian world barely has any meaning. Because the Russian world of today isn't the same the 'Rus world' of then. And extrapolation it to those 'old' times is meaningless, especially in the term of language, ethnicity and the like. I hope you don't think that old 'Russian' language and the modern one are the same, do you?

Claims about the Orthodox Church is even more baseless, because primacy in that should have the Byzantine Church, but not the Russian one.

In political terms, these two entities - the GDL and GDM - are even more distant. While the GDL really followed the Rus tradition of 'democracy' with a strong 'parliament' and local autonomy, the GDM embraced the Oriental model of autocratic power.

Basically, it was the GDL that was the centre of the 'Russian world'; while the GDM just grabbed a falling banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back