A black man in Michigan tried to deposit checks at his bank. The manager called police

The bank employee thought the checks were fraudulent.
Which was an error, as, in reality, they just didn't have good proof the check was not fraudulent. What do you suppose caused this error? It may have been racism.

Ridiculous how the left-wingers want to turn a case of a bank employee trying to verify a check was good into a big case of ....oh he must be a racist.

This was a set up deal in order to get a big paycheck.....blacks have been using similar ruses for years to collect big checks ...cant blame them....good work if you can get it.

Jesse Jackson Accused of 'Shaking Down' Toyota

Jesse Jackson's shakedown methods - WND
You can attempt to verify a check without accusing your customer of being engaged in criminal behavior involving fraud. You can also attempt to verify a check without calling the police on your customer while not knowing whether the checks were fraudulent or not.

The better safe than sorry route may work when ensuring that your bank doesn't suffer a loss from bad checks, however if you treat your customer like a criminal for simply attempting to deposit checks and/or open an account, then you might have to answer for that behavior.

How many of you have had the police called on you for engaging in behavior that isn't a crime?

It would be interesting to know exactly what the black guy did to provoke the calling of the police. A lot of the details of this case are unknown. It is very possible that the bank told the black guy they would not take the check and then he became threatening...thus they called the police not because of the check but because they felt threatened by a angry black guy.

It makes no sense for them to call the police just because they thought the guy was trying to cash a bad check....all they had to do was to tell him they would not cash it and that should have been the end of it. I am thinking something happend after he was informed they would not take his check. He probably said something of a threatening nature.

It makes no sense for them to call the police just because they thought the guy was trying to cash a bad check....all they had to do was to tell him they would not cash it and that should have been the end of it.

I think they did that....and he kept pushing for $13,000 in cash, immediately.
They should have been nicer to such a good customer.
He closed his account and pulled out his $0.52...…...

Which was an error, as, in reality, they just didn't have good proof the check was not fraudulent. What do you suppose caused this error? It may have been racism.

Ridiculous how the left-wingers want to turn a case of a bank employee trying to verify a check was good into a big case of ....oh he must be a racist.

This was a set up deal in order to get a big paycheck.....blacks have been using similar ruses for years to collect big checks ...cant blame them....good work if you can get it.

You can attempt to verify a check without accusing your customer of being engaged in criminal behavior involving fraud. You can also attempt to verify a check without calling the police on your customer while not knowing whether the checks were fraudulent or not.

The better safe than sorry route may work when ensuring that your bank doesn't suffer a loss from bad checks, however if you treat your customer like a criminal for simply attempting to deposit checks and/or open an account, then you might have to answer for that behavior.

How many of you have had the police called on you for engaging in behavior that isn't a crime?

It would be interesting to know exactly what the black guy did to provoke the calling of the police. A lot of the details of this case are unknown. It is very possible that the bank told the black guy they would not take the check and then he became threatening...thus they called the police not because of the check but because they felt threatened by a angry black guy.

It makes no sense for them to call the police just because they thought the guy was trying to cash a bad check....all they had to do was to tell him they would not cash it and that should have been the end of it. I am thinking something happend after he was informed they would not take his check. He probably said something of a threatening nature.

It makes no sense for them to call the police just because they thought the guy was trying to cash a bad check....all they had to do was to tell him they would not cash it and that should have been the end of it.

I think having $0.52 in his account didn't help him.

I think having $0.52 in his account didn't help him.

It helped him with some on USMB.

What's the damage?

Stay tuned. He will be depositing that check soon ---racial discrimination causing mental anguish and public humiliation.

We will know the amt then, when he's depositing it. It'll be more than $99K tho...the bank reeeeally screwed up by filing false charges against him even after the fact/fully knowing he was legit.

For about the third time, no one filed charges.

Exactly....not to mention any citizen has a right to call the police if they think something is suspicious.....most especially someone who works at a bank.
Funny thing. I'm black and I walk into the bank all of the time and nobody calls the police on me, even when I'm openly armed. Why do you think that is?

You work as security guard at a bank. So what?

Exactly....not to mention any citizen has a right to call the police if they think something is suspicious.....most especially someone who works at a bank.
Funny thing. I'm black and I walk into the bank all of the time and nobody calls the police on me, even when I'm openly armed. Why do you think that is?
Because personal anecdotes don't tell us anything.

I will tell you what does tell something about this black lady......her father was a tuskegee airman and we all watched the other night in the State of The Union address how Trump honored the Tuskegeee airman yet this lady will not thank him or even acknowledge what Trump did. Very pathetic but also very revealing of the character of left-wingers.
In my opinion, Trump doesn't do anything that doesn't benefit him. The Tuskegee Airmen don't need anyone, especially not him to validate their accomplishments. And thanks were given when President Bush awarded them the Congressional Gold Medal back in 2007: Bush awards Tuskegee Airmen with Congressional Gold Medal

The only pathetic person in this exchange is the boot-licker who believes that he can direct others to have respect for someone or something who doesn't merit it. It's particularly interesting that one of the most racist members of U.S. Message Board is attempting to use the accomplishment of a group of black men who defied all of the negative stereotypes attributed to African Americans to try to browbeat one of their granddaughters into showing respect to the present occupant of the white house.

I have not fogotten our conversations, in fact I have copies of them that U.S. Message Board lost when their server went down and 3 days of messages disappeared just like you predicted. So go ahead and hold your breath waiting on me to thank Trump for attempting to bask in some of the glory of the famed Tuskegee Airmen. Maybe you can get Trump to hold his as well.

So Trump signing off on his promotion to BG was racist?

Why are you lying? He did not just attempt to deposit the checks, he tried to withdraw money on checks that did not clear yet without sufficient funds in his account. Why don't you salvage some self-respect?

Well, I just read another article on this incident....apparantly the bank's computer system identified the check as being fraudulent --- some kind of computer glitch...then a bank employee - herself African-American - called the police on suspicion of fraud.

This black guy had been awarded the check because of a lawsuit he had won that claimed racial discrimination......and decided he could probably get another big check again by claiming he was embarassed and humiliated by the incident.

Obviously this dude has learned how to game the system.

Last edited:
Oh sure.. There's no investigation to be made as to the SOURCE then... But there still could be "suspicious activities between accounts at the same bank... Would take some of the "stupider" money launderers and criminals, but it could happen..
Why are you all so fucking suspicious of everyone?

I TRY not to be actually.. I'd LIKE to keep my car and doors unlocked. And certainly, I'm always opposing the GOVERNMENT being too suspicious...

You've heard me out here. I HATE domestic surveillance and the Patriot Act. The last time we allowed our top spy agencies to spy on "the homeland" it ended in a massive exposure of abuse of civil liberties and was BANNED until 9-11...

There's certainly TOO MUCH suspicion.. And I've worked a bit in Intel related stuff, so I know we must balance our protection against nasty drug cartels, human trafficking and insane terrorists against GOING TOO FAR..

And we have gone too far again AND those powers we've given the govt ARE being abused.. Voters need to make Civil Liberties a higher issue than it has been...
You know if the majority of the "investigating' into suspicious behavior was being done by people actually qualified to conduct a investigation of this nature then things might not be as fucked up as they are, but when you have a bunch of dumbasses, who are given a title, a badge and/or some level of authority but they are not law enforcement officers then all kinds of bullshit starts happening. And I'm speaking from personal, repeated experience with both our government and the "see something become a pain in the ass say something" crowd. Their behavior was so harassing and constant that I had to start recording them practically 24/7 and it only easier up once their photos, and recordings ended up in the public domain.

It also doesn't help that I"m a triple minority with a few added extra attributes that makes them even more crazy but the bottom line is even though their harassment of me is unlawful, the things about me that really bothers them, they can't do anything about because I'm 100% legit, even when I turn things around and they find that they're the ones now under scrutiny.

Are you a member of the ACLU? I've seen you mention being an advocate for civil liberties. I've been a member for many years, and provide them intel reports from time to time on a variety of subjects having to do with the cases they bring against the United States government for constitutional violations against it's citizens.

You nailed it.. The government asking the public or businesses to do the spying gets you the East German Stasi treatment. It's WORSE when LAWS are passed to REQUIRE them to do it.. That's my "bag".. The suspicions you've faced and exposed here are problems for ALL citizens because they fall under the larger umbrella of Civil Liberties and NOT JUST a collection of "group rights"...

I'm a big fan of ACLU when they are right..They've BEEN completely right on asset forfeiture, "terrorist" lists, the Patriot act and many others.. But they completely ignore the "economic" liberty sides of our innate freedom.. So I financially support the Institute for Justice (a libertarian ACLU) that DOES defend cases like kid's lemonade stands, food trucks and hair braiding shops and has had big influence in asset forfeiture that DOES affect minority communities... Licensing is a MAJOR "local racket".. It really does little to promote public safety or security when you're talking about having to have a DEGREED certification to arrange flowers, or braid hair or sell caskets for example.Or protecting licensed restaurants from food trucks.. It prevents folks from finding ways to participate in the economy with minimum capital investment..

I do not work as a security guard. Nor do I work at a bank.

I do not work as a security guard. Nor do I work at a bank.

You say you openly carry a weapon if I recall correctly......are you in some branch of law enforcement?

You have "no right" to immediate cash with a check..
If you show up at the bank on which the check is drawn and the funds are available you do.

The fellow in your OP walked in with (i believe) with THREE checks.. Have no idea which banks they were drawn on.. But maybe I missed that.. It's been a whole week now.. LOL....

Oh sure.. There's no investigation to be made as to the SOURCE then... But there still could be "suspicious activities between accounts at the same bank... Would take some of the "stupider" money launderers and criminals, but it could happen..
Why are you all so fucking suspicious of everyone?

I TRY not to be actually.. I'd LIKE to keep my car and doors unlocked. And certainly, I'm always opposing the GOVERNMENT being too suspicious...

You've heard me out here. I HATE domestic surveillance and the Patriot Act. The last time we allowed our top spy agencies to spy on "the homeland" it ended in a massive exposure of abuse of civil liberties and was BANNED until 9-11...

There's certainly TOO MUCH suspicion.. And I've worked a bit in Intel related stuff, so I know we must balance our protection against nasty drug cartels, human trafficking and insane terrorists against GOING TOO FAR..

And we have gone too far again AND those powers we've given the govt ARE being abused.. Voters need to make Civil Liberties a higher issue than it has been...
You know if the majority of the "investigating' into suspicious behavior was being done by people actually qualified to conduct a investigation of this nature then things might not be as fucked up as they are, but when you have a bunch of dumbasses, who are given a title, a badge and/or some level of authority but they are not law enforcement officers then all kinds of bullshit starts happening. And I'm speaking from personal, repeated experience with both our government and the "see something become a pain in the ass say something" crowd. Their behavior was so harassing and constant that I had to start recording them practically 24/7 and it only easier up once their photos, and recordings ended up in the public domain.

It also doesn't help that I"m a triple minority with a few added extra attributes that makes them even more crazy but the bottom line is even though their harassment of me is unlawful, the things about me that really bothers them, they can't do anything about because I'm 100% legit, even when I turn things around and they find that they're the ones now under scrutiny.

Are you a member of the ACLU? I've seen you mention being an advocate for civil liberties. I've been a member for many years, and provide them intel reports from time to time on a variety of subjects having to do with the cases they bring against the United States government for constitutional violations against it's citizens.

You nailed it.. The government asking the public or businesses to do the spying gets you the East German Stasi treatment. It's WORSE when LAWS are passed to REQUIRE them to do it.. That's my "bag".. The suspicions you've faced and exposed here are problems for ALL citizens because they fall under the larger umbrella of Civil Liberties and NOT JUST a collection of "group rights"...

I'm a big fan of ACLU when they are right..They've BEEN completely right on asset forfeiture, "terrorist" lists, the Patriot act and many others.. But they completely ignore the "economic" liberty sides of our innate freedom.. So I financially support the Institute for Justice (a libertarian ACLU) that DOES defend cases like kid's lemonade stands, food trucks and hair braiding shops and has had big influence in asset forfeiture that DOES affect minority communities... Licensing is a MAJOR "local racket".. It really does little to promote public safety or security when you're talking about having to have a DEGREED certification to arrange flowers, or braid hair or sell caskets for example.Or protecting licensed restaurants from food trucks.. It prevents folks from finding ways to participate in the economy with minimum capital investment..
I'm familiar with the Institute for Justice, I'm on their mailing list but haven't done much with them because I don't have a contact within the organization like I do here in my local community with the ACLU.

Going back to the topic on hand what the problem seems to be is a lot of people have full access to a lot of our personal information particularly those working in the financial institutions and I'm finding out the insurance companies as well since they can access your medical information.

I've had conversations with bank employees who have been stupid enough to state what their concerns were while not realizing that what they were saying constituted defamation. In many cases, the employees are looking at the information you put in your application when you opened your bank account and are using that to judge or determine if you have access to, are depositing or spending money that is beyond what they believe you should earned according to your listed profession. And God forbid if you find yourself having to go on unemployment benefits and subsequently return to work, or are fortunate to receive a substantial increase in your paycheck. If you're a contractor like I've been my entire life, this is not anything suspicious, it's good fortune and/or the results of a lot of hard work, but to your bank, it's clearly an indication that you're engaged in some form of unlawful activity somehow or money laundering.

I've had them accuse me of attemtping to pass a fraudulent check (my payroll check), it was a Friday afternoon and they couldn't get in touch with anyone in the payroll office in order to verify that it had been issued to me. They had my driver's license and refused to return either of them thereby depriving me of my pay for the weekend as well as forcing me to make an extra trip back to the institution during hours when my agency was open and they could verify that the check had indeed been issued to me. Their actions constituted an accusation of fraudulent activity even though though they didn't verbalize this.

I have been asked where I got the check on another occassion and they refused to believe that it was my paycheck, presumably due to the amount which I'm guessing is significantly more than they (the tellers) earn and it was believable that I could. I had another teller lie to me and tell me that they couldn't cash any portion of my check by policy. It was a little over $4000 but it was a situation where all of sudden my checks went from a couple of hundred dollars a week to several several thousand. Just by coincidence I logged into my account when I got home and saw that my check actually had been deposited to my account but then the depost was "reversed by teller" providing proof that it was not a bank policy but something that the individual employee did (she claimed that the system wouldn't allow her to deposit it due to the policy). I don't remember now what Wells Fargo's policy was but you're entitled to a small amount of cash upon check deposit if you don't have the funds available until they clear. This was a new contract and I generally have to work 30 days before I can submit my invoices and then 2 weeks before they are paid out.

I don't dress up to go to the bank, I hate going inside but they always seemed to come up with some scheme where I had to go inside of the bank to conduct business instead of being allowed to do it in the drive-through. Eventually I concluded it was because they wanted current photos for their records or facial recognition database. These people would see me several times a month for over a decade and a half and ever time I needed to conduct business it would be like I was being scruitinzed as if they had never seen me before with only one exception and it was so unusal I still remember it today.

By the way, I got proof that the reason I was being treated so horribly is because several of the bank employees were using my electronic bank recorda to enter personal comments about me into the banking system. What this meant was that every time a bank employee logged into my account in order to provide me with services they could see the derogatory remarks made by other bank employees which is a gross abuse of this system and something that I had suspected was going on for years because there was absolutely no reason for every person I encountered at the bank to behave so nasty towards me.

The only way I was able to obtain my records was via subpoena and of course the bank manager objected before they turned over the documents to me and took a dig at my character. They then sent the state patrol after me (within the next 24 hours) and that situation deteriorated very rapidly into something that I was almost unable to recover from. They did manage however to get a false entry into my record because of a corrupt patrol officer and attorney, who last I heard abscounded the country with her's client money (she refunded mine) after losing her license to practice here.

It was not an idle question when I asked you what you would think and what would you do if you were being harassed in this manner every day of your life. It was a serious inquiry

For about the third time, no one filed charges.

For about the fourth time, the bank mgr tried to file charges even once proof was provided right in front of her's and the cops' eyes ---cops who in turn, did not allow her to file a false charge.

Nonetheless, the racist evil that fueled her wicked heart, cannot be disguised, by those cops not letting her file the false charges.

How do you know they were legit? That was never determined to the bank's satisfaction at that time.

uhhhh, did you know that the cops were called to the bank to arrest him because he allegedly possessed fraudulent checks? Then the cops showed up to the bank, they investigated the matter to see if there's probable cause for arrest ---but they left, without arresting him.

Guess what that means, here, on the planet Earth?

Forum List

Back