A black man in Michigan tried to deposit checks at his bank. The manager called police

This black guy had been awarded the check because of a lawsuit he had won that claimed racial discrimination......and decided he could probably get another big check again by claiming he was embarassed and humiliated by the incident.

Obviously this dude has learned how to game the system.

This is a pretty racist description of events. As you had to, pretend, that the negro planned it all out and knew what would happen before he entered the bank.

Yes, according to your fictitious interpretation of reality, he had already decided he would enter the bank seeking to 1)get humiliated and ready to 2)leave with no funds that were rightfully his plus you impress that he'd already rationalized the 3)joy of cops showing up to investigate and potentially arrest him.

lol

Exactly....not to mention any citizen has a right to call the police if they think something is suspicious.....most especially someone who works at a bank.
Funny thing. I'm black and I walk into the bank all of the time and nobody calls the police on me, even when I'm openly armed. Why do you think that is?

You work as security guard at a bank. So what?
I do not work as a security guard. Nor do I work at a bank.

Then I suggest you don't walk into a bank while armed, or you will be working inside a prison with a new title - inmate.

You have "no right" to immediate cash with a check..
If you show up at the bank on which the check is drawn and the funds are available you do.

That didn't happen, did it?
Whether it happened or not doesn't change the veracity (truthfulness) of my statement. There are often exceptions to every situation.

The checks were not from that bank, dumbass! Can you read?

I receive an inheritance check fpr $50K and show up at my local bank. I tell them I want to deposit it, and withdraw $9K to pay off a personal debt. The bank would refuse because I only have $7K in the bank. I have to wait until the check clears.

Been there. Done that.

By the way, I got proof that the reason I was being treated so horribly is because several of the bank employees were using my electronic bank recorda to enter personal comments about me into the banking system. What this meant was that every time a bank employee logged into my account in order to provide me with services they could see the derogatory remarks made by other bank employees which is a gross abuse of this system and something that I had suspected was going on for years because there was absolutely no reason for every person I encountered at the bank to behave so nasty towards me.

This is what "customer service" has turned into.. Dealing with my hated companies and their customer interface is like dealing with your parents now.. They KNOW everything about your past behavior so THEY -- are suspicious of everything..

I asked one employee of Comcast ( who has the worst customer interface other than ATT) if there were notes in my file about 3 previous irate calls I had made... He chuckled and said, "we can't note that they are irate or belligerent" -- we call them "PASSIONATE" in the notes... :badgrin:

We're all facing problems from creepy spying.. Both govt and industry.. Need to work TOGETHER on the things we can fix..

It's not like I'm a complainer or suspicious myself in general, but I'm APPALLED at how customers are now treated.. PART of that is REMOVING the human interaction and doing everything electronically... You never really connect in a chat box or text stream..

BIASES can GROW when you're in customer service and you make assumptions about various groups without ENOUGH human contact... That goes for reps of ANY color making generalizations about race, sex, age, etc...

Exactly....not to mention any citizen has a right to call the police if they think something is suspicious.....most especially someone who works at a bank.
Funny thing. I'm black and I walk into the bank all of the time and nobody calls the police on me, even when I'm openly armed. Why do you think that is?

Then I suggest you don't walk into a bank while armed, or you will be working inside a prison with a new title - inmate.
See this is exactly what I was getting at. In your suspicious mind, the ONLY scenario (probably because I'm black) in which I could be carrying a weapon involves me being some sort of criminal. You would love that wouldn't you? Ain't gonna happen though, not for something that is not a crime, the concept of which you all can't seem to grasp similar to having the police called on your for attempting to deposit/cash a legitimately issued and non-fraudulent check.

You are as crazy as MacTheKnife if you think you can dictate my behavior and activities. And why are you more concerned about my behavior than the bank employees are?

If you show up at the bank on which the check is drawn and the funds are available you do.

Whether it happened or not doesn't change the veracity (truthfulness) of my statement. There are often exceptions to every situation.

I receive an inheritance check fpr $50K and show up at my local bank. I tell them I want to deposit it, and withdraw $9K to pay off a personal debt. The bank would refuse because I only have $7K in the bank. I have to wait until the check clears.

Been there. Done that.
You have no room to be calling anyone a dumbass simply because you're unable to process any information outside of the current context. I'm the one who posted the story so I am familiar with the facts of the incident as outlined by the article, however my comment was to correct a misconception held by another poster and anyone else who may have relied on the information he emparted. He was speaking generally ("no one is entitled to cash just because they present a check to a bank") which I corrected by pointing out that presenting a check to the financial institution on which it is drawn, entitles you to the entire amount of the check as long as the funds are available in the account. The bank is then required to jump through hoops if they don't want to give you the money but by law you're entitled to it with the proper identification.

I understand some of you have trouble with certain concepts but I don't spend time on these boards simply to field insults and argue with people who represent the underbelly of society. I actually learn a lot here and have learned how to become a better communicator, among other things.

Another thing I have learned is people will lie to you and tell you any damn thing, apparently to keep you from fully exercising your rights. You can't fully particpate in life and society if people are lying to you and hiding information from you. Better to have the knowledge and never need it than to need it and not have a clue.

Bank: "We can't cash this check because you don't have an account with us".
Response: "But you're the bank that issued the check" ["are you issuing fraudulent checks?"]

See this is exactly what I was getting at. In your suspicious mind, the ONLY scenario (probably because I'm black) in which I could be carrying a weapon involves me being some sort of criminal. You would love that wouldn't you? Ain't gonna happen though, not for something that is not a crime, the concept of which you all can't seem to grasp similar to having the police called on your for attempting to deposit/cash a legitimately issued and non-fraudulent check.

You are as crazy as MacTheKnife if you think you can dictate my behavior and activities. And why are you more concerned about my behavior than the bank employees are?

You said you were openly armed. If you are not a security guard, or police officer, you ARE a criminal for carrying a weapon into a bank. The least that could happen would you would be arrested. The worst is that you would be shot dead for carrying a weapon into a bank.

Been there. Done that.
You have no room to be calling anyone a dumbass simply because you're unable to process any information outside of the current context. I'm the one who posted the story so I am familiar with the facts of the incident as outlined by the article, however my comment was to correct a misconception held by another poster and anyone else who may have relied on the information he emparted. He was speaking generally ("no one is entitled to cash just because they present a check to a bank") which I corrected by pointing out that presenting a check to the financial institution on which it is drawn, entitles you to the entire amount of the check as long as the funds are available in the account. The bank is then required to jump through hoops if they don't want to give you the money but by law you're entitled to it with the proper identification.

I understand some of you have trouble with certain concepts but I don't spend time on these boards simply to field insults and argue with people who represent the underbelly of society. I actually learn a lot here and have learned how to become a better communicator, among other things.

Another thing I have learned is people will lie to you and tell you any damn thing, apparently to keep you from fully exercising your rights. You can't fully particpate in life and society if people are lying to you and hiding information from you. Better to have the knowledge and never need it than to need it and not have a clue.

Response: "But you're the bank that issued the check" ["are you issuing fraudulent checks?"]

Hey dumbass, (again)! I told you once already but it doesn't penetrate your peanut-sized melon. The checks were not from the bank to which he presented them to, because he did that at HIS bank. Now wrap yourself around the fact that you either are stupid and misunderstood or lied and get back to me, dumbass!

You appear to be nothing more than a race baiter. We have had enough of that shit from you are your ilk.

Been there. Done that.

Hey dumbass, (again)! I told you once already but it doesn't penetrate your peanut-sized melon. The checks were not from the bank to which he presented them to, because he did that at HIS bank. Now wrap yourself around the fact that you either are stupid and misunderstood or lied and get back to me, dumbass!

You appear to be nothing more than a race baiter. We have had enough of that shit from you are your ilk.

Think she was replying to my post where I wrote "No one has the right to demand immediate cash or deposits from large checks"

And she simply was pointing out that if the funds are DRAWN ON THE SAME bank -- they do...

Pick an important fight if that's why you're here...

At least we all actually read the story in this OP of this post... :rolleyes:

You said you were openly armed. If you are not a security guard, or police officer, you ARE a criminal for carrying a weapon into a bank. The least that could happen would you would be arrested. The worst is that you would be shot dead for carrying a weapon into a bank.
You ever hear that expression it's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt? Because even though my perception of you is that you're merely an asshole, now you moving far beyond simple asshole territory and into internet defamation.

I would be an idiot to not know the laws surrounding carrying a weapon and when I'm lawfully allowed to utilize lethal force in defense of myself or anyone else. I assure you, that you will be unable to find any law that I have violated which is why I've NEVER been arrested, not even when crazed individuals who don't know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to what constitutes a violation of the law, have reported me, called the police on me, fabricated stories, accused me of being something I am not - NOTHING. No arrests, no charges, no convictions, no incarceration.

How in the hell would this be possible if you are correct? Simple answer, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and since all you know is what I've told you, that I'm not a security guard then how stupid are you to draw a conclusion albeit grossly incorrect, based on so little information?

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and prove that my behavior is a crime. State the specific law I've violated although I won't be holding my breath.

Been there. Done that.

And here we have it. Admiral Rockwell Tory suddenly realizes his mistake and instead of simply admitting it or even leaving it be, he has to attempt to save face by falsely accusing me of being a "race baiter". My knowledge and your lack thereof has nothing to do with race other than the fact that like so many others, you figure because I'm black I must be stupid, uneducated, lack knowledge and certainly could not know something you don't or be able to do something that you are unable to do.

I certainly couldn't care less about what you and your multiple personalities or klan have had enough of ("we have had enough of you and your ilk") and I have no reason on earth to lie to you or any of the other kooks on this message board. So please, go ahead and you all take your hurt feelings and envy and sail off into the sunset. Or use your Ignore button. I would advise you though to drop this, because if you think you've had enough of me now, you don't want to see what happens when I devote my attention to a "project".

You ever hear that expression it's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt? Because even though my perception of you is that you're merely an asshole, now you moving far beyond simple asshole territory and into internet defamation.

I would be an idiot to not know the laws surrounding carrying a weapon and when I'm lawfully allowed to utilize lethal force in defense of myself or anyone else. I assure you, that you will be unable to find any law that I have violated which is why I've NEVER been arrested, not even when crazed individuals who don't know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to what constitutes a violation of the law, have reported me, called the police on me, fabricated stories, accused me of being something I am not - NOTHING. No arrests, no charges, no convictions, no incarceration.

How in the hell would this be possible if you are correct? Simple answer, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and since all you know is what I've told you, that I'm not a security guard then how stupid are you to draw a conclusion albeit grossly incorrect, based on so little information?

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and prove that my behavior is a crime. State the specific law I've violated although I won't be holding my breath.

Go ahead and get your dumb ass arrested. You are too racist and stupid to carry a conversation. Good luck! I would suggest retaining a lawyer!

Goodbye dumbass racist POS!

Last edited:
Go ahead and get your dumb ass arrested. You are too racist and stupid to carry a conversation. Good luck! I would suggest retaining a lawyer!

Goodbye dumbass racist POS!
Haven't you claimed to have taught classes regarding constitutional or other legal matters? If you're right it should be a very simple matter to state the law you believe I'm violating. Carrying while black is not a law in any of the 50 states in the U.S.

According to the law center database, Montana is the only state that has a specific law at the nexus of concealed weapons and banks. The state prohibits any person, regardless of whether he or she has a permit, to carry a concealed weapon into a bank, credit union, savings and loan institution or similar business.

But you did say you carry openly.

Five states (California, Florida, Illinois, New York, and South Carolina), as well as the District of Columbia, generally prohibit people from openly carrying handguns in public places. Thirty-one states allow the open carrying of a handgun without any license or permit, although in some cases the gun must be unloaded.

Having pointed out all that....it still is very important for everyone to understand that carrying a weapon either openly or concealed is undertaking a certain risk of danger due to the fact that a lot of people have a mental condition
wherein they have an irrational fear of guns.....aka.............Hoplophobia, the morbid fear of guns, is a real, extremely dangerous, widespread and clinically recognizable complex specific phobia with a number of unique characteristics, described. It has caused and continues to cause grievous harm in America.

In las vegas a while back there was a West Point graduate who went shopping at a Cost Co with his fiancee.

He was carrying a concealed weapon......he bent over to pick up something and his shirt pulled up revealing his holstered pistol and a costco employee saw it and immediately notified his superior...who in turn called the police.

By the time the responding officers got orders to respond they had been informed there was a hostage situation at the CostCo...the old story of when one person tells another and they tell another like the old party game illustrates...the message gets distorted sometimes extremelys so as in this case.

The police arrive on the scene and tell the store to evacuate the people. So the order goes out on the intercom ....everybody leave the store.

The West Point graduate with his pistol still holstered and under his shirt....heard the order to evacuate so he and his fiancee start walking out of the store with everyone else....upon exiting the store they were confronted along with everyone else evacuating ---numerous Las Vegas cops with weapons drawn.

Suddenlly someone yells to the police...that's him....pointing to the West Point graduate....whereupon the police began hollering confusing and conflicting orders...do this do that...The West Point Graduate had no idea of what was going and probably did not even hear the order for him to get down on the ground....he continued walking with his fiancee...the police opened fire on him....shot him numerous times....when the first cop fired...two others joined in.

The West Point graduate died at the scene. Later the family sued the Las Vegas police dept.

The police were exonerated...because the West Point graduate dis-obeyed lawful police orders.

Gunned Down in Vegas: What Really Happened to Erik Scott?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back