All the movies you must see

15 REJECT MOVIES.png

Movies I reject for various reasons. Most of these are perverted in some way.

I made a list some months ago with about 250 movies that I must see and now I cant find the damn thing, so here I am trying to make a new list. What movies do I absolutely need to see if I haven't seen them yet? I like action comedy and scifi but I am willing to give most any film a good chance.
The movies you need to see are the kind of movies you like, not what a critic likes, or what anyone else likes unless they share your likes and disliked. If you like action adventure movies, comedies, hate long twisty plots, dislike old b&w movies, hate nonlinear movies, and those that explore motives and interpersonal relationships, you're goanna hate Citizen Kane. Keep in mind that just because you don't like a movie does not make it a bad movie.

I have found watching trailers are a good method of selecting movies I will like, but that might not work for you.

Last edited:
Totally agree on Citizen Kane. If that’s the best movie of all time I must have no taste, because I thought it was a snooze fest
Mant critics use what is know as the cinematic scale to rate movies. Rotten Tomatoes uses this scale to comes up with it's scores. The goal is to determine the quality of the movie, not how well audience will like the movie. If you hate figs, the quality is immaterial.
  1. Plot (Story Arc and Plausibility)
  2. Attraction (Premise & Entertainment Value)
  3. Theme (Identity & Depth)
  4. Acting (Characters & Performance)
  5. Dialogue (Storytelling & Context)
  6. Cinematography (Visual Language & Lighting, Setting, and Wardrobe)
  7. Editing (Pace & Effects)
  8. Soundtrack (Sound Design & Film Score)
  9. Directing (Vision & Execution)
  10. The “It” Factor (One-of-a-Kind & Transcendent)

The movies you need to see are the kind of movies you like, not what a critic likes, or what anyone else likes unless they share your likes and disliked. If you like action adventure movies, comedies, hate long twisty plots, dislike old b&w movies, hate nonlinear movies, and those that explore motives and interpersonal relationships, you're goanna hate Citizen Kane. Keep in mind that just because you don't like a movie does not make it a bad movie.

I have found watching trailers are a good method of selecting movies I will like, but that might not work for you.

I think trailers are often counter-productive. The trailer to The Mule gave away too much of the story for example. The same with Ocean's 8.

I think trailers are often counter-productive. The trailer to The Mule gave away too much of the story for example. The same with Ocean's 8.
Thats why I dont watch them unless I go see a movie at the theater then I dont have much choice.

Trailers need to contain enough information so audiences are able to determine whether the movie is worth their investment of money and time. I’ve found that most do.

Trailers need to contain enough information so audiences are able to determine whether the movie is worth their investment of money and time. I’ve found that most do.
Most do; you're right.

What has always gotten me about movies is the continuity errors...like they don't have someone watch them and check these things.

The same thing about a trailer. Here is the one I'm talking about...

In the first scene on the trailer, Anne Hathaaway's character is being told about the threat that her stuff will be stolen...then at the 1:45 mark, she's on a subway train with the folks who were going to steal her stuff. When I asked about if she was "with them" to someone who saw the movie (based only on my seeing this trailer) she said--"not at first."

Most do; you're right.

What has always gotten me about movies is the continuity errors...like they don't have someone watch them and check these things.

The same thing about a trailer. Here is the one I'm talking about...

In the first scene on the trailer, Anne Hathaaway's character is being told about the threat that her stuff will be stolen...then at the 1:45 mark, she's on a subway train with the folks who were going to steal her stuff. When I asked about if she was "with them" to someone who saw the movie (based only on my seeing this trailer) she said--"not at first."

I know what you mean. I was watching an old movie on TCM that showed a girl in a white dress climbing out of a window. The next scene it showed her running away from window wearing a black dress. These goof-ups are common in very low budget movies that have short production schedule. They just don't have the time or money to reshoot. The one I was watching had a budget of $125,000 and was filmed in 8 days. They also are common in series spin offs. Star Trek has had at least 6 series spins offs and a number of movies. There are incidents involving both characters and time factors that don't agree. I just ignore them and consider them just part of the fantasy.

It also happens in classic masterpieces such as the Wizard of Oz.
When Dorothy (Judy Garland) first meets the Scarecrow (Ray Bolger), her hair is in two pigtails at shoulder-length. As the two sing “If I Only Had A Brain”, Garland’s pigtails grow longer and longer. At the end of the song, they’re back to their original length. Now, The Wizard of Oz had a notoriously rigorous production schedule spanning over the course of six months, so it’s evident that Garland’s hair had gotten longer during that time.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I was watching an old movie on TCM that showed a girl in a white dress climbing out of a window. The next scene it showed her running away from window wearing a black dress. These goof-ups are common in very low budget movies that have short production schedule. They just don't have the time or money to reshoot. The one I was watching had a budget of $125,000 and was filmed in 8 days. They also are common in series spin offs. Star Trek has had at least 6 series spins offs and a number of movies. There are incidents involving both characters and time factors that don't agree. I just ignore them and consider them just part of the fantasy.
I get some goofs...you can't weed them all out.

There is this documentary narrated by Michael Douglass about the 1972 Munich Olympic Games Massacre called One Day in September. There is a glaring continuity error in the documentary that just irks me. They used these archival news audio and video.

I don't know how much you know about the attack but essentially what happened was that these Israeli Athletes were taken hostage in their dorm room at the Olympic Village. They were taken from the dorms to some helicopters via a van. Then from the helicopter to a military airbase where there was a gunfight. The German authorities botched the entire thing in a way that makes the Uvalde ISD folks look like the Delta Force.

Anyway, In one clip Peter Jennings remarks that there are only 5 snipers waiting for the 8 terrorists at the airfare base. Literally 90 seconds later in the documentary...as the helicopters are taking off, Jennings says that they don't know where the choppers are headed.

You'd think the editors of the documentary would not have both of these clips in their show.

If you havent noticed already, I am going backwards in time here.

My fifth Halloween movie pick is:

image (4).jpeg
Night of the Living Dead (1968)

I get some goofs...you can't weed them all out.

There is this documentary narrated by Michael Douglass about the 1972 Munich Olympic Games Massacre called One Day in September. There is a glaring continuity error in the documentary that just irks me. They used these archival news audio and video.

I don't know how much you know about the attack but essentially what happened was that these Israeli Athletes were taken hostage in their dorm room at the Olympic Village. They were taken from the dorms to some helicopters via a van. Then from the helicopter to a military airbase where there was a gunfight. The German authorities botched the entire thing in a way that makes the Uvalde ISD folks look like the Delta Force.

Anyway, In one clip Peter Jennings remarks that there are only 5 snipers waiting for the 8 terrorists at the airfare base. Literally 90 seconds later in the documentary...as the helicopters are taking off, Jennings says that they don't know where the choppers are headed.

You'd think the editors of the documentary would not have both of these clips in their show.
I can easy forgive inaccuracies in fiction but not documentaries. We watch fiction to be entertained but we watch documentaries to become informed.

I can easy forgive inaccuracies in fiction but not documentaries. We watch fiction to be entertained but we watch documentaries to become informed.
This is off topic a bit...

The bizarre thing about this (I wasn't glued to the TV during the crisis so I don't know) terrorist attack that played out in real time on TV was this. The Black September terrorists take the hostages from the dorms to the van. The van takes the terrorists and the hostages to two waiting transport helicopters. Then the helicopters go to the military airport where there is an ambush that was going to take place.

Up until this point to where the terrorists walked out of the dorm with the hostages--nobody knew how many terrorists there were.

Peter Jennings (or a cracker-jack impersonation of his voice anyway) says on the documentary,

"There are not four guerillas​
nor even five, as the police believed.​
There are eight, and there are​
only five police marksmen...​
waiting at Furstenfeldbruck Airport."​

Did someone really divulge how many snipers there were at the airport to a reporter? WOW!!!!

Anyway...back to the topic...if you haven't seen the documentary, it is worth a watch.

Number six Halloween pick is considered one of the best horror films of the 1950s starring horror legend Vincent Price:

image (5)~01.jpg
House of Wax (1953)

Top of all the 1940s lists here is this, number seven of my count:

image (5).jpeg
The Body Snatcher (1945)

Forum List

Back