Cultural Appropriation in the Movies/TV

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
How do you feel about James Bond getting a permanent, super dark suntan???
Do you consider an iconicly based anglo role being taken over by a different race, Cultural Appropriation?

These black guys aren't stupid...........they know they'd be chastized, ridiculed, and hated for taking over the role, no matter how good or popular they are. Bond is a "one trick pony", and that "pony" has to keep the same colors or everybody looses interest.

If the Broccoli family wants to destroy the series and character, then by all means, change his race.

They've already put this vote to the audiences with a black woman taking over the 007 name in the last film, while the "real" 007 was in retirement. It did not get recieved well at all. Although, I liked her......

Whats wrong with a DIFFERENT super spy movie with HER in the role? She could be her own super secret agent with mad skills. I'd definitely go for that!! I love tough women!

But as for THE James Bond........keep him anglo, or lose fans and audiences.

As far as I'm concerned, they need to give the part to an unknown. Give some unknown good actor with great potential a chance. I'm tired of these "big names" taking over roles and pretty much ruining them with their massive ego's.

What do YOU think about this subject?

Do you consider an iconicly based anglo role being taken over by a different race, Cultural Appropriation?

These black guys aren't stupid...........they know they'd be chastized, ridiculed, and hated for taking over the role, no matter how good or popular they are. Bond is a "one trick pony", and that "pony" has to keep the same colors or everybody looses interest.

If the Broccoli family wants to destroy the series and character, then by all means, change his race.

They've already put this vote to the audiences with a black woman taking over the 007 name in the last film, while the "real" 007 was in retirement. It did not get recieved well at all. Although, I liked her......

Whats wrong with a DIFFERENT super spy movie with HER in the role? She could be her own super secret agent with mad skills. I'd definitely go for that!! I love tough women!

As far as I'm concerned, they need to give the part to an unknown. Give some unknown good actor with great potential a chance. I'm tired of these "big names" taking over roles and pretty much ruining them with their massive ego's.

Traditional Anglo roles aren't being taken over. They're being willingly given over by the liberal elitists who run the entertainment industry. These things they are doing not only to expunge themselves of their white liberal guilt, but because they believe their movies will make more money. It's basically the same old white liberal Blaxploitation they profited from throughout the 70's.

It doesn't bother me at all. What did bothered was in western years ago they called Native American Indians "niggah Indians"

I would never watch such a James Bond. We had the Blond Bond, too serious, and I hope we never have the Black Bond.

But I wouldn't be surprised. Because just last night I resubscribed to Netflix to watch a new Jane Austen staging of Persuasion. But it turned out to be an abomination! It had blacks all over, in romantic roles against white women, even as the mother's friend of Anne, a very important role --- they were supposedly totally integrated into upper class Regency 1814 society. It was a sort of perverted fantasy, I guess --- maybe an alternate universe?

It doesn't even make genetic sense, never mind historical. Blacks couldn't STAY black if they were integrated, a point lost on too many scifi authors who posit an integrated humanity with, however, pitch-black blacks. Genetically impossible without segregated mating.

And it's such a pity to have wasted a staging on this excellent story! Hugh Laurie played the father and he was GREAT in the little we watched before fleeing in amazement and despair. And the heroine, Anne, was also well played so far as we watched, and there were interesting modern touches. But blacks everywhere in romantic parts ---- why do such a crazy thing?? We discussed it but couldn't figure out WHAT they were on about.

We watched the Ciaran Hinds version last evening, a little shaken by the gross lèse-majesté of Hollywood. It was wonderful as always. They did have two blacks, footmen standing rigid behind the poseuse Lady Dalrymple, which was historically accurate.

I don't mind blacks in movies if they BELONG there. Like the TV series "Death in Paradise," set in the Caribbean, or the excellent movie "Get Out" which I've watched several times, it's so good. It's about race but somehow not contaminated by race.

Traditional Anglo roles aren't being taken over. They're being willingly given over by the liberal elitists who run the entertainment industry. These things they are doing not only to expunge themselves of their white liberal guilt, but because they believe their movies will make more money. It's basically the same old white liberal Blaxploitation they profited from throughout the 70's.
I don't see how they can suppose they'll make more money! "Go woke, get broke" is a true financial analysis.

It doesn't bother me at all. What did bothered was in western years ago they called Native American Indians "niggah Indians"
No, they didn't, and I know because I watched them. I never heard that word in any movie, and certainly not a Western, and I don't believe you ever did either.

James Bond has been around since 1962, yet he has hardly aged a bit. Sometime it looks like he even gets younger. How in the world is he still taking names and kicking ass in 2022?

I don't have a problem with a black dude playing JB as long as race isn't hyped and made part of the story.

Who is Bean? Is he mexican?
Haha... no... this guy

01e9f11c2c487fe75f5ae6e1fd3e1d33_400x400.jpeg

That worked: Johnny English.

The first, superlative.

The second, don't bother.

The third, pretty good, worth seeing.

Forum List

Back