All the movies you must see

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb,
Funny, griping, and a taste of the craziness of living with nuclear animation. It is now history but it could be our future

I watched Mr. Puzzles Wants You to be Less Alive (2021) on Facebook, here:

Was amusing and made me laugh.

Letterboxd, social platform for movie fans

An example of a topic post:

I'm not a news reporter but I noticed Leonardo Dicaprio's official site went out of business, had to remove it from my favorites list. He's probably relying on Twitter and Facebook to promote his environmentalist exploits, so therefore decided to pull the plug. I sure hope social media doesn't replace standard internet.

I made a list some months ago with about 250 movies that I must see and now I cant find the damn thing, so here I am trying to make a new list. What movies do I absolutely need to see if I haven't seen them yet? I like action comedy and scifi but I am willing to give most any film a good chance.

I replenished my deck to 100 cards and will continue what I started.
IMG_20221101_192914820.jpg

I'll throw a few less well-known ones out there ...

The Eight Hundred (2020)
1917 (2019)
Hail, Caesar! (2016)
Train to Busan (2016)
The Monuments Men (2015)
Attack the Block (2011)
The Alamo (2004)
Grand Theft Parsons (2003)
Dog Soldiers (2002)
Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001)
Enemy at the Gates (2001)
The Others (2001)
The Game (1997)
The Ghost and the Darkness (1996)

That should keep you going for a while.

6/10 I was disappointed but I've seen much worse. Trying to rate these newer movies can be difficult because the standard for picture quality and camera operation is way above what it used to be, so now every movie you see is vibrant, stylish and stunning. Every movie you see looks fantastic.

Only two movies I've seen made since 2012 would I say are 10/10

Last edited:
Is there any point at all in having lists of movies mostly from people you don't know that can range in age from 10 to 100 with widely varying tastes? Only if you discuss the contents of the movie, and why you like it, does the listing have any real interest to other.

Is there any point at all in having lists of movies mostly from people you don't know that can range in age from 10 to 100 with widely varying tastes? Only if you discuss the contents of the movie, and why you like it, does the listing have any real interest to other.

I will watch many varieties but stay out of the kids movies for the most part. I watch mostly action scifi and comedy. Dont like slow dramas or chickflicks much. People will suggest the most unexpected surprises if you ask them for a list and often you discover things you didnt know about.

Thumbs down for the cannibal story. 5/10

I don't want to see movies that make light of cannibalism as I severely disapprove of this disgusting matter. In addition to the ratings system they should add an easy to understand content identifier that points out "contains cannibalism", "contain pedo shit", "contains incest", "contains this perversion". I dont care how great you think your movie is, I dont want to see it if it promotes such subject matters in any light positive or negative, even if briefly in word as this movie does.

And thats why I wont be rating this on IMDb, because someone someday will look at my ratings list and go, hey man he likes cannibalism lets sneak some shit into his food. Trust me, theres gutter shit that does things like that and I aint taking a chance.

So you see Halloween movies love it such as Sweeney Todd or Dracula where this matter is used as part of the plot but thats what makes it a Halloween movie. So its hard to say what should be done to keep this content out of your collection.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back