How has your marriage been hurt?

Neither you nor I have evidence that he did which is the relevant point. I don't know about you but I only accept things as true that have some basis in objective reality.
I don't hold anyone's faith against them. Only their hypocritical behavior which is in direct opposition to their proclaimed beliefs.

Howling about gays while supporting a serial adulterer, for example.

Homosexuality isn't listed in the Ten Commandments, but Adultery sure is.

Fake Christians from around the country rushed to celebrate four-time adultress Kim Davis for protecting the institution of marriage from being destroyed, with absolutely no sense of irony or self-awareness.

kim-davis-2.jpg

Gay marriage harms nobody. I support it.

What I do not support is all the effort being applied on children in order to make them predisposed to it.

I wonder if the gays and lesbians now paying divorce lawyers are happy gay marriage was legalized.

One of my daughter’s friends is a divorced, gay man whom she has known since they were both teenagers.

Ten year’s ago, she attended his wedding. She recently spent some time with him at his home in Ottawa, where he moved after the divorce. Both are currently single.

He’s not currently looking to remarry and neither is she. But he’s happy to have the option if he meets the right man.

Not necessarily started, but point made. Leftists are simple minded, never mind cross minded. They don't consider consequences, they just do as they're told by their masters and peers.

Exactly what are the consequences of gay marriage that left winger’s never considered?

1. That the religious right would lose their minds over the idea of gays, getting married and decide to go bat shit crazy over having to provide wedding services to gay couples?

2. That the political party of “personal responsibility” and “individual rights” would suddenly decide that their religious freedom was somehow impugned by two people of the same sex getting married?

3. That radical right wingers would suddenly start attacking, and stripping right from gays and transsexuals in violation of their Constitutional rights?

It hasn't hurt my marriage at all. But it was another nail in the coffin of traditional marriage, weakening it, making it less important, less common, attaching concepts to it that it has never been and was never supposed to be. As a result fewer people are bothering to get married or put it off until later in life. More people are having kids without benefit of marriage and that is bad for the children. You cannot change the definition of something that is important to the culture without changing the culture.

It won't be the case in every anecdotal incident, but overall the results are more dysfunctional relationships, kids with more emotion problems and much more likelihood that they will be raised in poverty, less stable and prosperous neighborhoods, more crime, lessened quality of life.

The gay activists weren't satisfied with a remedy that gave them the advantages and protections and security of marriage. They wanted the WORD. As a result nobody has it as it was intended to be any more.
I think a more than a 60% divorce rate did more to erode the “sanctity” of marriage than anything else did.

Gay marriage harms nobody. I support it.

What I do not support is all the effort being applied on children in order to make them predisposed to it.

There is absolutely no pressure being applied to children in order to make them predisposed to gay marriage. Being gay is not learned behavior. It is biological behavior.

What children are being taught in public schools is the biology that some people are gay and that’s OK. That being gay is nothing to be ashamed of, and is not “abnormal”. This is biology, not religion.

What is offensive to religious radicals, is the idea that their children are being told that being gay is not wrong.

The purpose of public schools is to teach children what they will need to know to become functioning adults who can work in the real world.

Hatred harms the hater, not the object of their hate. It destroys your health. It harms your outlook on life. No one wants to be around you. You cannot get ahead when you spend all of your time trying to get even.

Teaching children fear and hatred of gays or racial minorities through religious bigotry is tying rocks around their legs and throwing them in the swimming pool real life and expecting them to succeed in a swimming race. It’s why “Broke Loser” is a broke loser.

Sure, you started it, but you don't control where the topic goes.

Mac1958 is correct in pointing out that this is merely a flash point in a larger conflict between American culture styles.
It's yet another example of the right's dishonesty and ongoing campaign of disinformation and lies.

Marriage equally hasn't harmed marriage.

There is absolutely no pressure being applied to children in order to make them predisposed to gay marriage. Being gay is not learned behavior. It is biological behavior.

What children are being taught in public schools is the biology that some people are gay and that’s OK. That being gay is nothing to be ashamed of, and is not “abnormal”. This is biology, not religion.

What is offensive to religious radicals, is the idea that their children are being told that being gay is not wrong.

The purpose of public schools is to teach children what they will need to know to become functioning adults who can work in the real world.

Hatred harms the hater, not the object of their hate. It destroys your health. It harms your outlook on life. No one wants to be around you. You cannot get ahead when you spend all of your time trying to get even.

Teaching children fear and hatred of gays or racial minorities through religious bigotry is tying rocks around their legs and throwing them in the swimming pool real life and expecting them to succeed in a swimming race. It’s why “Broke Loser” is a broke loser.
Yet there are books in school libraries teaching boys how To give blow jobs to adult men and how to ise Grindr to arrange sexual hookups.

As I said just above, then Obergfell should have just said States have to continue to recognize marriages from other States under full faith and credit, and could continue to issue only traditional marriage licenses if they choose to.
Smells like separate but equal. A failed idea.

Only your arguments so far have been worthless.

Here are some of the government cash and prizes which come with that "worthless paper":

So? Has nothing to do with the marriage at all. Just because the government gets involved doesn’t change what it is.

It hasn't hurt my marriage at all. But it was another nail in the coffin of traditional marriage, weakening it, making it less important, less common, attaching concepts to it that it has never been and was never supposed to be. As a result fewer people are bothering to get married or put it off until later in life. More people are having kids without benefit of marriage and that is bad for the children. You cannot change the definition of something that is important to the culture without changing the culture.

It won't be the case in every anecdotal incident, but overall the results are more dysfunctional relationships, kids with more emotion problems and much more likelihood that they will be raised in poverty, less stable and prosperous neighborhoods, more crime, lessened quality of life.

The gay activists weren't satisfied with a remedy that gave them the advantages and protections and security of marriage. They wanted the WORD. As a result nobody has it as it was intended to be any more.

Given that the divorce rate for a traditional marriage has been more than 50% since the 1970’s, I would say that gay marriage has done more to revive the idea of traditional marriage then it’s done to erode it.

Today, people aren’t bothering to get married because they’re graduating from college with massive amounts of debt and they can’t afford the wedding or to move out of their parents’ homes.

Of the 6 children in my family, my mother said my older sister was the only one in the family who’s marriage “took” and she was the only one who didn’t have a big church wedding.

The fact that gays wanted to be able to get married so much and valued it so much more than heterosexual couples currently do, has led to a revival of and increase in heterosexual marriage as well.

It has also been a huge boon to the wedding industry, which had seen such a huge drop off in working class weddings in recent years.

So? Has nothing to do with the marriage at all. Just because the government gets involved doesn’t change what it is.

Spoken like a man with absolutely no understanding of what marriage is at all.

It is the government who has decided exactly what marriage is: it is a legal contract between two people who make a commitment to share their lives and their finances in order to create a family unit and establish certain citizens’ rights for the purposes of taxation, wealth creation and/or procreation.

Marriage establishes your spouse as your primary beneficiary, family member and decision maker in the event of your disabilty and/or death.

Marriage is entirely a legal and government construct which applies to all marriages in the USA regardless of religion or religious traditions, which can only be dissolved pursuant to divorce laws.

It is the government who decides your financial split, ownership of assets, and support payments in the event of divorce.

Also, separation of church and state.

Forum List

Back