What Does The Second Amendment Mean For Liberals?

Ok. But this is:

(a)
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)
the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)
the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Unorganized militia does not qualify as a “well regulated militia”

if you keep reading, it ALSO says the Right of the People.

But your ADHD prevents you from seeing that.

We are talking in circles.

The intent of the founders was to have an armed civilian population that can be formed into well regulated militias to defend the country.

They never envisioned an 18 year old with an AR15 shooting up a classroom of 6 year olds

The intent of the founders was to have an armed civilian population that can be formed into well regulated militias to defend the country.

They never envisioned an 18 year old with an AR15 shooting up a classroom of 6 year olds
they didn't 'envision' a lot of things.

tanks, jet fighters, uranium, lasers.

What they DID envision, was the populace at large needing firearms.

And, again, the intent of the founders can be found in the Federalist Papers.

I kinda said "some".
What rightwinger doesn't realize is that the Federalist Papers give a window into the mindset of the founders. You can more fully understand the intent of the Bill of Rights and Constitution by understanding what the founders thought and intended the Constitution to accomplish. It was clearly NOT intended to be a "living document" because they included the mechanism to amend it and deliberately made that mechanism difficult.

What rightwinger doesn't realize is that the Federalist Papers give a window into the mindset of the founders. You can more fully understand the intent of the Bill of Rights and Constitution by understanding what the founders thought and intended the Constitution to accomplish. It was clearly NOT intended to be a "living document" because they included the mechanism to amend it and deliberately made that mechanism difficult.

Some of the founders
Each signer of the Constitution had their own beliefs

Constitution has legal bearing
Federalist Papers are opinions

I'm asking this question because in another one of my threads, when we started discussing the possibility of an upcoming war (or wars) when people were talking about that they would kill them if needed they took it to mean death threats instead of the true meaning of "I would only kill you if provoked and you were a threat to me."

So that's where I get lost as if they don't know that then what do they think the second amendment means? I know that they can't stand it, but it also seems like they don't have a clue what it's actually talking about.
I'm a liberal. And I'm not a gun guy! Fuck the NRA and fuck the 2nd Amendment! I could care less about that Constitutional right.

People who own guns are about as smart as a box of rocks.

I'm a liberal. And I'm not a gun guy! Fuck the NRA and fuck the 2nd Amendment! I could care less about that Constitutional right.

People who own guns are about as smart as a box of rocks.
Yep, you are a perfect example of a modern liberal "I could care less about constitutional rights". In other words, you don't care about the very foundation of our government. The only rights that you care about are yours's. You are the person the founders were afraid of, a mindless member of the mob swayed by the emotional tenor of the moment without care for the long-term consequences of his actions.

Yep, you are a perfect example of a modern liberal "I could care less about constitutional rights". In other words, you don't care about the very foundation of our government. The only rights that you care about are yours's. You are the person the founders were afraid of, a mindless member of the mob swayed by the emotional tenor of the moment without care for the long-term consequences of his actions.
You voted for Trump

I win

Forum List

Back