How has your marriage been hurt?

Who cares how you talk? The point is what you say and whether it has any basis in rational thought.
I understand. It's okay.

I am not asking you to believe in God based on my certainly unprovable experience. I only know it to be a fact for myself and no one else.

Due to my past as someone like you, and perhaps an even more militant atheist than you, I do not try to push my faith onto anyone else. I only tell my tale and leave it at that.

There is nothing I can say or do to prove to you what happened.

Like I said, faith is a personal one-on-one relationship, and those who have it got there on their own paths.

As for being delusional, I have been careful about what I think God is or what his job description is. My understanding has been refined countless times over the years, with a simpler and simpler refinement each time.

It is when we allow our egos to run way with us and start telling God what his job is that humans get into deep dogshit.

I understand. It's okay.

I am not asking you to believe in God based on my certainly unprovable experience. I only know it to be a fact for myself and no one else.

Due to my past as someone like you, and perhaps an even more militant atheist than you, I do not try to push my faith onto anyone else. I only tell my tale and leave it at that.
Except you're not like me. You don't know anything about me other than my skepticism. Those are just words you're saying to try and give your claims more respect than they deserve.
So you have no proof. Good. That's basically what I said.
Like I said, faith is a personal one-on-one relationship, and those who have it got there on their own paths.
There's no one on one. There's just you and you also playing the role of God like Eddie Murphy doing scenes with himself in the barbershop in Coming to America. These are just internal conversations you're having with yourself.
As for being delusional, I have been careful about what I think God is or what his job description is. My understanding has been refined countless times over the years, with a simpler and simpler refinement each time.

It is when we allow our egos to run way with us and start telling God what his job is that humans get into deep dogshit.
This whole sentiment is ironic. :laugh:

I have a piece of worthless paper from them. The actual license is between me, my wife and God. If the government disappears tomorrow our marriage isn’t null.

All the marriage license is just registration of the contract. The state isn't party to the marriage contract.

Correction: some “experts” say that the defective homosexual gene exists

Other experts disagree

The only “experts” are the homosexuals themselves

They know the feelings they have. They know if they were groomed, they know whether they someday ”changed”

Overwhelmingly, these experts say they have always felt this way

One of my daughter’s friends is a divorced, gay man whom she has known since they were both teenagers.

Ten year’s ago, she attended his wedding. She recently spent some time with him at his home in Ottawa, where he moved after the divorce. Both are currently single.

He’s not currently looking to remarry and neither is she. But he’s happy to have the option if he meets the right man.

Exactly what are the consequences of gay marriage that left winger’s never considered?

1. That the religious right would lose their minds over the idea of gays, getting married and decide to go bat shit crazy over having to provide wedding services to gay couples?

2. That the political party of “personal responsibility” and “individual rights” would suddenly decide that their religious freedom was somehow impugned by two people of the same sex getting married?

3. That radical right wingers would suddenly start attacking, and stripping right from gays and transsexuals in violation of their Constitutional rights?
And yet you will openly support pedoph... oh I forgot. They are "Minor attracted people" now. We will still protect our children from all sexual deviannts.

I understand. It's okay.

Your problem there is there is ONLY ONE path to G-d and proper faith isn't just personal, it is a public proclamation

Not really. When one follows Christ, his faith by nature MUST be public.
No one cares about your religious beliefs.
Civil society is governed by law. Not religious beliefs. Not everyone shares your beliefs but everyone is subject to the law.

So every single Christian who adheres to marriage being between one man and one woman is a hateful bigot?

Nope, only if they try to push that view on others. You are free to adhere to whatever you want.

Forum List

Back