The real death rate of COVID-19 in the U.S. may be 140 times smaller than what is being reported

The only people I'm listening to are the front line workers who are not only trying to save lives, but keep from getting sick themselves or infecting their family. A couple guys writing an academic paper this early into a pandemic without knowing the proper numbers is useless. Feel free to list the last time cities were forced to do the things going on right now.
You're not listening to anyone who contradicts the TDS fake news narrative designed to generate the maximum level of hysteria. Why would a nurse be more of an authority than someone who has done graduate studies in virology? No reason.

No one gives a shit about who you "listen to."

No, I'm listening to people that are ON THE FRONT LINES IN THE HOSPITALS, over people trying to crunch numbers that are changing every minute and almost 99.9% inaccurate. It would be like you writing a paper about how to build a racecar, but your only experience was watching the Fast and the Furious franchise. If no one cares what I listen to, then why the fuck did you reply to my post?
How are the people "on the front lines" going to give you accurate numbers if they don't crunch numbers? What are they going to do, stick a finger up their ass and then give you a number based on how bad it smells?

The bottom line is that you're blowing hot gas out your ass. You don't want to know that your figures are bogus, so you come up with lame excuses for ignoring the facts. You're a classic TDS moron who believes feelings are more important than facts.

The people on the front line know what the fuck is going on, and now just how many people are actually getting seriously ill and dying. You have the same issue as Trump does. You only look at numbers as a way to dehumanize the victims of the virus in order to hold your stance.

So then, if people disagree with you and say it is a lot worse than you say it is, you respond aggressively with the idea that those people are hoping it is bad just so it will hurt Trump. Despite what you may think, not everything is about Trump... I mean he did say he isn't responsible for anything bad going on.
In other words, don't look at the facts, just rely on emotion.

You're a douchebag and a moron.

I didn't expect you to understand what I posted. Discussions like this take people that don't have a screw loose.

I'll say it one more time, I'll take the voice of all the thousands of front line workers saying how bad this is, over a projection from a couple of authors writing papers based on stats we know are inaccurate.
I understand exactly what you're saying. I can't believe how fucking stupid you are. You said you rely on emotions instead of those nasty facts and numbers.

No, at no point did I say I rely on emotions, so no, you don't understand. I rely on people SEEING what is going on and how unusual and awful the situation is.
Yes you did. you said you relied on "the voice of all the thousands of front line workers saying how bad this is." In other words, emotions, not facts. You explicitely rejected relying on facts and data because that doesn't support your imbecile agenda.

You are really mentally stunted. Saying how bad a situation is compared to normal operations is not emotion. It's judgment and opinion. :dunno:

184781 infected 3762 deaths 2% death rate

NOBODY KNOWS #of infected.. You're not listening and thinking.. The numbers MOST given are #confirmed or reported cases.. THat's NOT #infected, because MANY FOLKS will be asymptomatic carriers that DONT seek medical attention OR patients with symptoms so mild, they get diagnosed as "something else" and resolve on their own...

To GET from #reported to #infected you have TO GUESS what the infection rate.. Right NOW -- Fauci and Birx have repeatedly used mortality or death figures that are derived like THIS...

(#deaths) /((#reported) * K) where K is about = 2.. That's why the OFFICIAL CDC # are about 1/2 of your DIY method.. OTHERS outside the CDC have suggested that MANY MORE undiagnosed cases of infection exist.. Which is USUALLY the case for seasonal flus..

AFTER the crisis ends, researchers can do random populations to see WHO has antibodies in their blood for COVID 19 and STOP guessing or REDUCE the guessing...

The only people I'm listening to are the front line workers who are not only trying to save lives, but keep from getting sick themselves or infecting their family. A couple guys writing an academic paper this early into a pandemic without knowing the proper numbers is useless. Feel free to list the last time cities were forced to do the things going on right now.
You're not listening to anyone who contradicts the TDS fake news narrative designed to generate the maximum level of hysteria. Why would a nurse be more of an authority than someone who has done graduate studies in virology? No reason.

No, I'm listening to people that are ON THE FRONT LINES IN THE HOSPITALS, over people trying to crunch numbers that are changing every minute and almost 99.9% inaccurate. It would be like you writing a paper about how to build a racecar, but your only experience was watching the Fast and the Furious franchise. If no one cares what I listen to, then why the fuck did you reply to my post?
How are the people "on the front lines" going to give you accurate numbers if they don't crunch numbers? What are they going to do, stick a finger up their ass and then give you a number based on how bad it smells?

The bottom line is that you're blowing hot gas out your ass. You don't want to know that your figures are bogus, so you come up with lame excuses for ignoring the facts. You're a classic TDS moron who believes feelings are more important than facts.

The people on the front line know what the fuck is going on, and now just how many people are actually getting seriously ill and dying. You have the same issue as Trump does. You only look at numbers as a way to dehumanize the victims of the virus in order to hold your stance.

So then, if people disagree with you and say it is a lot worse than you say it is, you respond aggressively with the idea that those people are hoping it is bad just so it will hurt Trump. Despite what you may think, not everything is about Trump... I mean he did say he isn't responsible for anything bad going on.

I didn't expect you to understand what I posted. Discussions like this take people that don't have a screw loose.

I'll say it one more time, I'll take the voice of all the thousands of front line workers saying how bad this is, over a projection from a couple of authors writing papers based on stats we know are inaccurate.
I understand exactly what you're saying. I can't believe how fucking stupid you are. You said you rely on emotions instead of those nasty facts and numbers.

No, at no point did I say I rely on emotions, so no, you don't understand. I rely on people SEEING what is going on and how unusual and awful the situation is.
Yes you did. you said you relied on "the voice of all the thousands of front line workers saying how bad this is." In other words, emotions, not facts. You explicitely rejected relying on facts and data because that doesn't support your imbecile agenda.

You are really mentally stunted. Saying how bad a situation is compared to normal operations is not emotion. It's judgment and opinion. :dunno:
In other words, it's emotion. If you don't have numbers and statistics, what you have left is emotions.

Have you looked at the 2019-2020 numbers?? Let's moderate "how awful" it is to LOSE that many people or fill 500,000 beds in a NORMAL flu season...

I'm not putting a damper on the fact that this IS worse because of no immunity and no Flu Vaccine, but these numbers BELOW is what we YAWN thru every fucking year...

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

NOBODY KNOWS #of infected..
Very true. But we know the hospitals in the epicenters are nearing their breaking points, and that it may be a glimpse into the near future of every decent sized city in the country.

Those pop-ups ARE possible.. But we're later into the response now.. Didn't HAVE test kits and movement restrictions when NY, N'Orleans got out of control...

Have you looked at the 2019-2020 numbers?? Let's moderate "how awful" it is to LOSE that many people or fill 500,000 beds in a NORMAL flu season...

I'm not putting a damper on the fact that this IS worse because of no immunity and no Flu Vaccine, but these numbers BELOW is what we YAWN thru every fucking year...

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

You are minimizing it. Why have you not answered my questions? When is the last time cities have been forced to set up temporary morgues in refrigerated trailers, turned convention centers into hospitals, and had the Navy use their hospital ships on U.S. soil?

NOBODY KNOWS #of infected..
Very true. But we know the hospitals in the epicenters are nearing their breaking points, and that it may be a glimpse into the near future of every decent sized city in the country.

That's true also but we just left behind the seasonal flu for the past year and the #s I gave above were that 400,000 to 730,000 hospital beds were required... That's the starting point we work with EVERY YEAR. (maybe slightly less on the Avg.)

So -- people who PRESENT with symptoms WILL be "hospitalized" for vary lengths of time until and IF they can safely be sent be sent to quarantine.. And THAT number is about 5% of DIAGNOSED infected. So to get to say 600,000 -- the avg seasonal flu bed capacity you'd need 12 MILLION DIAGNOSED CASES...

Again, not downplaying this -- putting it into how CALLOUS we must be to IGNORE 12 Million diagnosed cases of the flu that require 600,000 hospital beds..

AT THE PEAK, we'll be sucking gas to keep up.. But triaging the hospital check-ins thru TEMP hospitals and TEMP facilities will greatly help and IS BEING DONE...

Before and AFTER the peak -- this capacity problem drops off in a matter of one to two weeks to just STRESSING the system rather than OVERWHELMING it...

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

You are minimizing it. Why have you not answered my questions? When is the last time cities have been forced to set up temporary morgues in refrigerated trailers, turned convention centers into hospitals, and had the Navy use their hospital ships on U.S. soil?

You're confusing PROACTIVE preparedness with USE... We could sit on asses and watch political debates and HOPE or we can OVERSPEND and OVERPREPARE... There is no alternative to that right now..

No morgues are overflowing.. The media is so lazy and stupid they are hyping things that THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE for understanding - but don't take the time to do. I got furious last week when a story went viral in the MAINSTREAM MEDIA that NYC had 420 deaths in 24 hours... They DID NOT QUALIFY these as Covid related.. Just blurted that shit out REPEATEDLY... Turns out -- on a normal DAY in NYC -- the hospitals and coroners handle 440 deaths...

Don't fall for it.. Protect yourself with CLEAN stories that MAKE sense and answer the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY questions that journalists are SUPPOSED to work for...

Last edited:

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

You're confusing PROACTIVE preparedness with USE... We could sit on asses and watch political debates and HOPE or we can OVERSPEND and OVERPREPARE... There is no alternative to that right now..

No morgues are overflowing.. The media is so lazy and stupid they are hyping things that THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE for understanding - but don't take the time to do. I got furious last week when a story went viral in the MAINSTREAM MEDIA that NYC had 420 deaths in 24 hours... They DID NOT QUALIFY these as Covid related.. Just blurted that shit out REPEATEDLY... Turns out -- on a normal DAY in NYC -- the hospitals and coroners handle 440 deaths...

Don't fall for it.. Protect yourself with CLEAN stories that MAKE sense and answer the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY questions that journalists are SUPPOSED to work for...

I stopped reading as soon as you said the morgues are not overfilled. That's bullshit. You sound like Alex Jones right now. You might as well just be clear and say it is a false flag event. It's not. If it isn't such a big deal, hop in your car and go visit NYC. Nothing to be worried about!

Nope, the morgues are not overflowing. Nope, they are not using the temporary morgues. :rolleyes:

1585710265444.png

Nope, the morgues are not overflowing. Nope, they are not using the temporary morgues. :rolleyes:

View attachment 317768

One very small area of the country. Here in Wisconsin we have had 25 deaths.

184781 infected 3762 deaths 2% death rate

NOBODY KNOWS #of infected.. You're not listening and thinking.. The numbers MOST given are #confirmed or reported cases.. THat's NOT #infected, because MANY FOLKS will be asymptomatic carriers that DONT seek medical attention OR patients with symptoms so mild, they get diagnosed as "something else" and resolve on their own...

To GET from #reported to #infected you have TO GUESS what the infection rate.. Right NOW -- Fauci and Birx have repeatedly used mortality or death figures that are derived like THIS...

(#deaths) /((#reported) * K) where K is about = 2.. That's why the OFFICIAL CDC # are about 1/2 of your DIY method.. OTHERS outside the CDC have suggested that MANY MORE undiagnosed cases of infection exist.. Which is USUALLY the case for seasonal flus..

AFTER the crisis ends, researchers can do random populations to see WHO has antibodies in their blood for COVID 19 and STOP guessing or REDUCE the guessing...
Yes yes yes
What percentage of people get it period. What percentage who know they were around a sick person, There’s a lot of blanks because they only talk is about positives,.Positives compared to what?

View attachment 317768

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You just argued with me on how many posts that anecdotal evidence is useless, and then you use anecdotal evidence...

People in Wisconsin are not dying like they are in the port cities because of containment. So people in New York are dying in order to protect people in Wisconsin from dying.

Last edited:
The NIH and the CDC do presume who has been infected vs the tests given for confirmation, and they estimate, based on model predictions and data from all other countries, that the USA mortality rate could settle at around 1%, almost half of the mortality rate being reported now on the actual test takers.

They do not predict it will be 140 times less than now, as Danny the squirrel does.
That will be a miracle.

The math these people are doing is wrong.

When you look at historical pandemics, taking the number of deaths as the numerator divided by the number of cases as the denominator, is accurate because the number of cases = the number of RESOLVED CASES.

With an ongoing pandemic, that you are still in the middle of, with exponentially growing numbers of cases, this is equation of number of total cases = number of resolved cases is NOT TRUE.

To make an analogy, if we were trying to determine the rate of widget production failures and have 900 at the factory in production, 100 completed and 10 that have failed, is the failure rate !% or 10%? It is TEN PERCENT because the ones still in production are unknowns. They are not resolved cases, so they dont count in the failure rate calculation.

We should only look at the death rate with the denominator being RESOLVED CASES.

And what does that look like globally?

1585713141663.png

View attachment 317768

Well, you are safe then, in a magic Wisconsin bubble.

just dont leave it.

roflmao

The NIH and the CDC do presume who has been infected vs the tests given for confirmation, and they estimate, based on model predictions and data from all other countries, that the USA mortality rate could settle at around 1%, almost half of the mortality rate being reported now on the actual test takers.

They do not predict it will be 140 times less than now, as Danny the squirrel does.
That will be a miracle.

The math these people are doing is wrong.

When you look at historical pandemics, taking the number of deaths as the numerator divided by the number of cases as the denominator, is accurate because the number of cases = the number of RESOLVED CASES.

With an ongoing pandemic, that you are still in the middle of, with exponentially growing numbers of cases, this is equation of number of total cases = number of resolved cases is NOT TRUE.

To make an analogy, if we were trying to determine the rate of widget production failures and have 900 at the factory in production, 100 completed and 10 that have failed, is the failure rate !% or 10%? It is TEN PERCENT because the ones still in production are unknowns. They are not resolved cases, so they dont count in the failure rate calculation.

We should only look at the death rate with the denominator being RESOLVED CASES.

And what does that look like globally?

View attachment 317778
That works if you don’t have the potential for so many asymptomatic cases.

View attachment 317768

Well, you are safe then, in a magic Wisconsin bubble.

just dont leave it.

roflmao
Apparantly most of the country is in a "magic bubble."

Forum List

Back