Florida Virus Cases Soar, Hospitals Near Last Summer's Peak

This isn't good news.

A few hospitals are past capacity and are starting to set up tents.

The delta variant is much more contagious than the original variant. Hospitals are filling up again in Florida.

It doesn't help that laws are passed that deny local officials from enacting measures to slow the spread.

LA la la la la la

zjsjjjjxss.png

sjejjdjdjeje.jpeg

You are the one who restricted the context. You did not give me a link saying the numbers were inflated.
Which is why I told you to run along--Everyone on this board has seen the report from the CDC stating that the actual deaths FROM covid were only 6% of those reported WITH covid. It has been in no less than a dozen different threads over the last three months. I am not going to continually educate you morons who won't research. Now run along and Look it up.

I agree lockdowns are bad. It is a dilemma. Herd immunity means a lot of people who don't want to wear masks and don't want to be vaccinated will die from the virus.

The best solution is for a large majority to get vaccinated and wear a mask but that is not happening to the extent needed.

No...the best solution is to do what we've ALWAYS done during flu season...have vulnerable people get shots and or stay home...have everyone else go about their lives as usual...get exposed to the virus and build an immunity to it!

What would Florida do without tourists and snowbirds?

The ICUs in Florida are all full. That means a lot of people are really sick.

We would return to an agricultural state like we use to be when Florida was a paradise. The goddamn tourists and snowbirds is what fucked up the state.

We would return to an agricultural state like we use to be when Florida was a paradise. The goddamn tourists and snowbirds is what fucked up the state.

Must not have been all that great.. Florida was famous for land swindles and selling swamp to out of state people.. during the 1940-50s and early 1960s.

Which is why I told you to run along--Everyone on this board has seen the report from the CDC stating that the actual deaths FROM covid were only 6% of those reported WITH covid. It has been in no less than a dozen different threads over the last three months. I am not going to continually educate you morons who won't research. Now run along and Look it up.
OK. I looked it up and there is a list. Yes, 6% is mentioned where no medical conditions were reported. BUT here is a list of some of the many "health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)".
Mental and behavioral disorders​
Paranoid schizophrenia​
Depressive episode, unspecified​
Unspecified mental retardation​
acne​
psoriasis​
Impotence​
Hallucinations​
Joint disorder​
Paranoid schizophrenia​
cognitive functions and awareness​
Restlessness and agitation​
Cataract​
Glaucoma​
Hearing loss​
Constipation​
Superficial injury of hip and thigh​
Unspecified event, undetermined intent​

Some of the conditions that I left out such as smoking or serious heart conditions, may easily be a contributing factor, but it still is Covid that did them in. Claiming that you shouldn't count people who die because they have Covid plus, acne, impotence, or hallucinations, is beyond belief. You guys are rather disingenuous to put it mildly.

So you think the doctor should tell a grieving wife that her husband didn't really die of Covid, he died of hearing loss???
Give me a break.

Must not have been all that great.. Florida was famous for land swindles and selling swamp to out of state people.. during the 1940-50s and early 1960s.
Ask someone who lives in Cape Coral if they like their "swamp land", Surada! That was swamp land that developers turned into house lots with miles of canals leading to the Gulf. It's one of the few places where someone can buy a house and dock a boat right in the backyard.

OK. I looked it up and there is a list. Yes, 6% is mentioned where no medical conditions were reported. BUT here is a list of some of the many "health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)".
Mental and behavioral disorders​
Paranoid schizophrenia​
Depressive episode, unspecified​
Unspecified mental retardation​
acne​
psoriasis​
Impotence​
Hallucinations​
Joint disorder​
Paranoid schizophrenia​
cognitive functions and awareness​
Restlessness and agitation​
Cataract​
Glaucoma​
Hearing loss​
Constipation​
Superficial injury of hip and thigh​
Unspecified event, undetermined intent​

Some of the conditions that I left out such as smoking or serious heart conditions, may easily be a contributing factor, but it still is Covid that did them in. Claiming that you shouldn't count people who die because they have Covid plus, acne, impotence, or hallucinations, is beyond belief. You guys are rather disingenuous to put it mildly.

So you think the doctor should tell a grieving wife that her husband didn't really die of Covid, he died of hearing loss???
Give me a break.

With all due respect, Wuwei...give me a break when you want to count someone who died of cancer while having Covid as a Covid death! The numbers were inflated and I think you KNOW they were!

Now along with cherry picking you want to add the absurd. The numbers have been derived from the CDC, not some knee jerk BS about telling a grieving wife anything. The vast majority of that 94% were people with serious comorbidities--ask Cuomo and Jay Inslee. Now spend tomorrow looking that one up. I'll educate you yet.

Yet 64% of blacks and 59% of hispanics are unvaccinated, and you said "Trumpies" are the problem with vaccine hesitancy. Explain...

Republicans are more likely to be unvaccinated than blacks and Hispanics.

1627973279949.png

With all due respect, Wuwei...give me a break when you want to count someone who died of cancer while having Covid as a Covid death! The numbers were inflated and I think you KNOW they were!
That is problematic. Was the cancer at the beginning stages and curable? Was the patient on his death bed with his organs shutting down? The CDC statistics didn't go through that much detail. So making a blanket assumption about the value of the entire CDC statistics is still disingenuous.

Now along with cherry picking you want to add the absurd. The numbers have been derived from the CDC, not some knee jerk BS about telling a grieving wife anything. The vast majority of that 94% were people with serious comorbidities--ask Cuomo and Jay Inslee. Now spend tomorrow looking that one up. I'll educate you yet.
Not cherry picking. It's Reductio Ad Absurdum.

According to the CDC,
34.2 million Americans—just over 1 in 10—have diabetes. 88 million American adults—approximately 1 in 3—have prediabetes.
Do you not count 1/3 of the people? No doubt that is a large part of the 94%. I think what the CDC shows is that Americans are not healthy. If that's the case, Americans should want to be vaccinated. But there are a lot of sites that have convinced them not to because of the vast divide between the right and left.
Edit: See post #178 above.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back