Florida Virus Cases Soar, Hospitals Near Last Summer's Peak

That might be the size you use but it isn’t the size the virus uses....
I have to disagree.
Virus particles don’t exist alone

The COVID-19 particle is indeed around 0.1 microns in size, but it is always bonded to something larger.

“There is never a naked virus floating in the air or released by people,” said Linsey Marr, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Virginia Tech who specializes in airborne transmission of viruses.

The virus attaches to water droplets or aerosols (i.e. really small droplets) that are generated by breathing, talking, coughing, etc. These consist of water, mucus protein and other biological material and are all larger than 1 micron.

“Breathing and talking generate particles around 1 micron in size, which will be collected by N95 respirator filters with very high efficiency,” said Lisa Brosseau, a retired professor of environmental and occupational health sciences who spent her career researching respiratory protection.

wr71xk6hlop51.jpg
Okay, I have to admit that was good. :funnyface:

Well:
The Delta variant is less deadly though more easily caught, so, it isn't the NUMBER of cases which we should be concerned about but the number of DEATHS.
Watch out, Reuters just now is saying Delta makes us sicker quicker.

I have to disagree.

The COVID-19 particle is indeed around 0.1 microns in size, but it is always bonded to something larger.

“There is never a naked virus floating in the air or released by people,” said Linsey Marr, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Virginia Tech who specializes in airborne transmission of viruses.

The virus attaches to water droplets or aerosols (i.e. really small droplets) that are generated by breathing, talking, coughing, etc. These consist of water, mucus protein and other biological material and are all larger than 1 micron.

“Breathing and talking generate particles around 1 micron in size, which will be collected by N95 respirator filters with very high efficiency,” said Lisa Brosseau, a retired professor of environmental and occupational health sciences who spent her career researching respiratory protection.

If this were the case we could eradicate all respiratory infections in less than a year and yet....

I have to disagree.

Great post... No fantasies or conspiracy theories for Trumpies.

less than 1000 mostly old people died directly from the vaccine.
HaHaHa, Cherry picking again--only 36K, or 6%, of those 600K covid fatalities that you morons are so quick to point out were actually deaths FROM covid and not some other comorbidity. Amusing how you lemmings choose to ignore that fact from the CDC. Run along now.

Wonder how long it will be before the Idiot Governor attempts to kneecap the Florida Hospital Association.
Jacksonville and Orlando are BAD right now and all their hospitals exceed capacity.

COVID-19 Hospital Update:
  • Hospitals report more than 95% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients are not fully vaccinated
  • Average age of individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 is younger than previous peaks
  • Hospitals are implementing surge capacity plans as local situations warrant
“The virus has a new target: the unvaccinated and younger people,” said Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO, Florida Hospital Association. “Previously healthy people from their teens to their 40s are now finding themselves in the hospital and on a ventilator. Regardless of your age, get vaccinated, if eligible! What you heard last year and last spring about this virus mostly targeting seniors and those with pre-existing conditions is not true today.”​
The Florida Hospital Association will continue communicating with all Florida hospitals and state officials and provide additional updates as events warrant.​

If this were the case we could eradicate all respiratory infections in less than a year and yet....
.... and yet what? Very few are wearing N95 masks so there is no chance we can eradicate all infections. I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

This isn't good news.

A few hospitals are past capacity and are starting to set up tents.

The delta variant is much more contagious than the original variant. Hospitals are filling up again in Florida.

It doesn't help that laws are passed that deny local officials from enacting measures to slow the spread.

From what I’m seeing, the Trumpsters think that packed hospitals and packed ICUs are fake news.

Isn’t that neat, the way they can explain anything away with ease?

HaHaHa, Cherry picking again--only 36K, or 6%, of those 600K covid fatalities that you morons are so quick to point out were actually deaths FROM covid and not some other comorbidity. Amusing how you lemmings choose to ignore that fact from the CDC. Run along now.
You lost track of the context. The sentence was:
"less than 1000 mostly old people died directly from the vaccine."
The added bold face is the context.

You switched the context to people who died directly from Covid.

Please give a CDC link to 36K mortalities in the US. The page I found says 611,000 died from Covid.

Delta didn't show up in the U.S. until March.
This is now all on Biden's watch. He really should have shut down some specific air travel, and stopped the invasion on our southern border which is OBVIOUSLY bringing new Delta cases into the U.S.

Biden now has blood on his hands!

You lost track of the context. The sentence was:
"less than 1000 mostly old people died directly from the vaccine."
The added bold face is the context.

You switched the context to people who died directly from Covid.

Please give a CDC link to 36K mortalities in the US. The page I found says 611,000 died from Covid.

I didn't change the context of anything. Take your blinders off. You want to restrict your point to people dying from the vaccine while removing any restrictions to what you are calling covid. The experimental mrna jab (not a vaccine) wouldn't be necessary if the covid numbers had not been artificially inflated with flu, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity, being run over by an 18 wheeler while having covid, etc. SCAMDEMIC. For Pete's sake, try some critical thinking for a change.

From what I’m seeing, the Trumpsters think that packed hospitals and packed ICUs are fake news.

Isn’t that neat, the way they can explain anything away with ease?

Yep - When all you read is fake news, then what you endlessly spew will tend to be even worse.
I'm losing faith in the American people Mac58 (the normal Mac ;-)
It would be "neat" were it not terminally pathetic.
The rage the vaccinated feel for the irresponsible is completely understandable.
Their hesitancy is affecting MY ability to be healthy and not have to mask.
FUCK 'EM

Last edited:
Delta didn't show up in the U.S. until March.
This is now all on Biden's watch. He really should have shut down some specific air travel, and stopped the invasion on our southern border which is OBVIOUSLY bringing new Delta cases into the U.S.

Biden now has blood on his hands!
SOOO predictable - You'll blame Biden for Trumpist irresponsibility same as you will now blame Nancy for 1/6
On the latter, first it was AntiFa, then it was cop-loving patriot tourists, then it was the FBI and now Nancy.
You are pathetic to the nines.

I didn't change the context of anything. Take your blinders off. You want to restrict your point to people dying from the vaccine while removing any restrictions to what you are calling covid. The experimental mrna jab (not a vaccine) wouldn't be necessary if the covid numbers had not been artificially inflated with flu, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, obesity, being run over by an 18 wheeler while having covid, etc. SCAMDEMIC. For Pete's sake, try some critical thinking for a change.
You are the one who restricted the context. You did not give me a link saying the numbers were inflated.

Forum List

Back