Florida shatters its record for new coronavirus cases, Democrats ask, ‘Where is Ron DeSantis?’

EVERYWHERE has new Covid cases surging, so to pick on Florida is nothing but a pre-emptive attack on Gov. DeSantis for fear he'll win the 2024 election, or the ones after that.

But we'll vote for him all the same. DeSantis shows up on the ballot, he's got my vote.
Vote for the idiot. Thats the logical thing for idiots to do.

As Florida reported nearly 47,000 new coronavirus cases, again shattering its single-day record since the start of the pandemic, Democrats and critics called on Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to do more to address the state’s spike in infections driven by the highly transmissible omicron variant.

The state on Wednesday reported 46,923 new cases from Tuesday, as the omicron surge nearly doubled Florida’s previous peak over the summer. The state, which broke the record for new daily infections that was just set on Christmas Eve, is averaging more than 30,300 new coronavirus cases a day, according to data tracked by The Washington Post — second in the nation to New York.

DeSantis has been largely absent during the state’s record-breaking period.

Is DeSantis snuggling up next to trump at Mar Lago? Trying to get trump to allow him to run for president in 2024?
I would hope that DeSantis is enjoying the holidays with his family, knowing that the people of Florida are safe from covid. Considering that the risk of dying from adverse effects of vaccines is far worse than the risk of dying from omicron, DeSantis should feel great about the policies that he stands for.

As Florida reported nearly 47,000 new coronavirus cases, again shattering its single-day record since the start of the pandemic, Democrats and critics called on Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to do more to address the state’s spike in infections driven by the highly transmissible omicron variant.

The state on Wednesday reported 46,923 new cases from Tuesday, as the omicron surge nearly doubled Florida’s previous peak over the summer. The state, which broke the record for new daily infections that was just set on Christmas Eve, is averaging more than 30,300 new coronavirus cases a day, according to data tracked by The Washington Post — second in the nation to New York.

Is DeSantis snuggling up next to trump at Mar Lago? Trying to get trump to allow him to run for president in 2024?
Are we that different than Germans? We are being lied to. The un-vaccinated are not a threat to anyone.

Otis Mayfield the infections could be 47,000 or even 200,000, but what number of deaths is Florida experiencing?

You could have these numbers with people catching the flu, but if there's none to very few deaths, then, so what.

It's not about politics dickweed.
Why don't you ask about Michigan's new record numbers?

Every stated is see a up tick in the new strain of a mild common cold! Yes it is nothing. So to the dummiecrats seeking political point STFU!

What we are seeing is that herd immunity was always the best way. Rather then destroying the economy, making more people reliant on the government, and making inflation soar!

Aww Dimmer you can do better than this. Florida is one of the highest vaccination states, therefore it has one of the highest rates of cases. However, it is down the list in total cases, and way down the list in deaths and mortality percentage. Try again with some actual sources of information this time.

After visiting Florida a few times during the Pandemic I will say it is not just DeSantis but the whole Floridan mentality / culture that is driving up numbers. Both young and old in Florida I noticed seemed less afraid of COVID then those from northern states. While in northern states there would be strict mask rules and those who didn't follow mask rules would be called out and chastized.... in Florida I was laughed at for wearing a mask and like no one would wear a mask anywhere ... Up north they would have Mask Mandates and everyone would have one on in the stores... in Florida no one would be wearing them not even the staff in the stores. No crowd control or social distancing in Florida....people just didn't seem to be concerned. When I talked to people in Florida about risk of COVID they didn't seem too concerned about it... they felt if they get it and die then it is their time to die and that is just that... it didn't really seem too worry or bother them... they seemed less afraid of death or bad consequences from COVID then those in the northern states. So it wasn't just DeSantis creating the Florida uptick I would say my impression was it was the whole Floridan culture/ mindset...that I think DeSantis just echos from the people down there.

FSU had a 10-day self-isolation rule if you had Covid, so lots of students got Covid and didn't report it because they didn't want to miss two weeks of class. It has not been a big deal at all. They have updated the guidance to 5 days, but it sounds like most of the kids already had it. They have all certainly been exposed to it.

It's ridiculous to mandate a vaccine generally, and especially ridiculous to mandate it for young people.

I find this all rather interesting, my wife tested positive and only experienced cold symptoms. I tested positive, experienced minor flu symptoms with a low grade temperature. My grandchildren all tested positive with nothing more that cold symptoms, and all of my children and their husbands either experienced the flue or cold symptoms and yes tested positive, none of us went to the hospital, and we all, except four, of the 12 had COVID vaccinations, no one has had the third jab. So 8 got jabbed, turned up positive or had the flu or cold. My wife and I are well over 65 and the rest under 45. Everyone who went in for testing turned up positive, wonder how that could be?

Forum List

Back