Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

I actually read the bible like I would any book. I attach no special mystical qualities to it. You do.
You read the Bible to confirm your bias instead of searching for the intended meaning. That you see pettiness is proof.

Chapter 1 and 2 of Genesis tell us...

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

There's nothing petty there except for YOUR interpretation.

You read the Bible to confirm your bias instead of searching for the intended meaning. That you see pettiness is proof.

Chapter 1 and 2 of Genesis tell us...

1. God created existence
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
13. Pass it down to the next generation

There's nothing petty there except for YOUR interpretation.
I read it critically. Something you are not able to do.

And all YOU are giving me is YOUR interpretation of the book.

No god wrote those words but rather a bunch of different men did so the bible is a book authored by men and men alone.

I read it critically. Something you are not able to do.

And all YOU are giving me is YOUR interpretation of the book.

No god wrote those words but rather a bunch of different men did so the bible is a book authored by men and men alone.
If you had read it "critically" then you would have known that it said...

1. God created existence
13. Pass it down to the next generation.

Instead of the stupid shit you think it says.

If you had read it "critically" then you would have known that it said...

1. God created existence

Instead of the stupid shit you think it says.
I don't believe everything I read.

You do.

What I read is some people want you to believe that some god did this or that and that people must obey or face the wrath of a god blah blahblah.

And once again you're just telling me what YOU think it says.

I don't believe everything I read.

You do.

What I read is some people want you to believe that some god did this or that and that people must obey or face the wrath of a god blah blahblah.

And once again you're just telling me what YOU think it says.
It's not a question of whether you believe it or not. It's only a question of if you understand what was claimed or not. Clearly you don't.

If you don't believe that's what it is telling us then please feel free to offer your interpretation.

It's not a question of whether you believe it or not. It's only a question of if you understand what was claimed or not. Clearly you don't.

If you don't believe that's what it is telling us then please feel free to offer your interpretation.
Of course i understand what's claimed
But I don't believe it.

The Bible is just a hodgepodge of collected writings assembled by a bunch of guys

Of course i understand what's claimed
But I don't believe it.

The Bible is just a hodgepodge of collected writings assembled by a bunch of guys
If you can't actually state what it is that you believe it is saying then you have no leg to stand on. You are just waving your arms.

If you can't actually state what it is that you believe it is saying then you have no leg to stand on. You are just waving your arms.
I told you what I believe it's saying.

It's a paraphrasing of other philosophies mixed in with a heavy dose of religious dogma.

There is nothing divine about it.

It's a paraphrasing of other philosophies mixed in with a heavy dose of religious dogma.

In the Sumerian myth the humans in Eden were the gardeners for the gods, but they became annoying because they began to multiply and were noisy.

Actually you didn't. You picked one thing and you got that wrong. You would have been able to see it if you had placed the whole account in its proper context which are answers to the origin questions. But apparently that's too much work for you and it would not help to confirm your biases.

Again... chapters 1 and 2 of Genesis tell us:

1. God created existence

Actually you didn't. You picked one thing and you got that wrong. You would have been able to see it if you had placed the whole account in its proper context which are answers to the origin questions. But apparently that's too much work for you and it would not help to confirm your biases.

1. God created existence
Funny how you speak of bias.

Pot kettle and all that.

And none of that list other than the religious dogma was new at the time.

So you really don't need the bible for the useful things because they were plagiarized and the god stuff is just made up.

Nothing in the bible is to be taken literally.
You would never know. You don't possess the intellectual capacity or character to understand it. When you find something you think confirms your ridiculous beliefs you stop looking. Just like if you were looking for car keys.

1. God created existence

Genesis was written AFTER the Babylonian exile.. The version of the myth from Sumer had been in writing for more than a thousand years in Sumer, Dilmun and Ras Shamra.

Forum List

Back