Zone1 When Adam blamed Eve and Eve blamed the serpent (Satan)... interesting how God dealt with that

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Today, some psychologists would say, when someone blames his spouse, "You have to take responsibility for what you did!"

And they could be right, depending on the details of the situation.

But when Adam blamed Eve, God turned to Eve and questioned her. He didn't say to Adam, "You can't blame someone else. You didn't have to listen to her!"

Then He did the same when Eve blamed the serpent or Satan.

And he punished the serpent, saying he would crawl on his belly all the days of his life and etc.... promised that a woman would get him eventually LOL... (a reference to Mary, I believe)

Some say this story didn't actually happen. I can't say I'm an expert but I heard that Moses wrote Genesis and (I believe) the first 5 books of the Old T...

And Moses was one reliable person.

One of my parents blames me for everything that is wrong in my life and a few things that are not (in other words, this parent finds fault even with what is right.... long story)

Today, some psychologists would say, when someone blames his spouse, "You have to take responsibility for what you did!"

But when Adam blamed Eve, God turned to Eve and questioned her. He didn't say to Adam, "You can't blame someone else. You didn't have to listen to her!"

And he punished the serpent, saying he would crawl on his belly all the days of his life and etc.... promised that a woman would get him eventually LOL... (a reference to Mary, I believe)

Some say this story didn't actually happen. I can't say I'm an expert but I heard that Moses wrote Genesis and (I believe) the first 5 books of the Old T...

One of my parents blames me for everything that is wrong in my life and a few things that are not (in other words, this parent finds fault even with what is right.... long story)
So you believe that things happened exactly like you read it in Genesis?

When you believe that snakes can talk to people it follows that you'll believe in just about anything. I feel sorry for you and your kids.
Satan used the snake. Much of what is in the Bible (OK, some) is allegorical, not literal. I am not a Bible scholar. All I know is that humans are AWFUL

so Original sin more than makes sense

Then there's actual sin, and we look around us and see all the hell that happens because people do actual sins on top of the original.

I pray everyone gets baptized and ditches their sins. If you sin after you're baptized, you're in worse shape, though... best to be baptized when you have resolved never to commit egregious sin again (adultery, masturbation, fornication, abortion...)

Yep. Me too.

However, appropriate. Their delusion is deep.

Satan whispers in the ear and many (most) listen. Jesus says few find the narrow way.

I think of what St Teresa of Avilla said, though... She had an accident with a horse and buggy and got spilled onto the ground. She'd been in the process of doing some work or another forthe Lord when that happened. She said to God, "If that's how you treat your friends, it's no wonder you have so few of them."

LOL

Boy, can I relate to THAT!

God does or allows some "interesting" stuff in a christian's life! :eek:

When you believe that snakes can talk to people it follows that you'll believe in just about anything. I feel sorry for you and your kids.
Where does it say a talking snake?

The Bible refers to Satan as both a "serpent" and a dragon -- not a snake

Last edited:
You would think God, of all the entities, would know how a woman's mind works. :dunno:

Here's a example:

I was in the market for a used 4X4 4-wheeler with a plow.

I found a decent one local for $3500.00 and mentioned it to the wife......"You can have a lot of snow plowed for $3500.00" she said so right away I knew the answer was no so I dropped it....It was never mentioned again.

Fast forward a week, I had forgot all about it and here comes the wife announcing that she had found me one with a plow, showed me the pics, and gave me the number to call.

A few hours later I had me a nice 4X4 4-wheeler with a plow sitting in the garage.

Never mind I got exactly what I wanted (a better bike really) but you tell me how their minds work? I'll be damned if I can fathom it.

407754741_1025787018649337_1040963183117543686_n.jpg

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." -- Genesis 3:15 ...

You know this is true ... how would you explain this fact before the Age of Science? ... how would you explain this in terms of science? ... from The Taming of the Shrew to Friends ... why is there this constant fighting between the Man and the Woman? ...

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." -- Genesis 3:15 ...
Seems to me God is saying he will use it all to bring about good from bad. Order from chaos.

lol
You believe every word
It's an allegorical account. The first 11 chapters are all allegorical accounts of world history that all nations share. These accounts were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. That's how history and knowledge were passed down in ancient times. Through stories. They didn't have HBO back then. What else were they going to do?

You would think God, of all the entities, would know how a woman's mind works. :dunno:

Here's a example:

I was in the market for a used 4X4 4-wheeler with a plow.

I found a decent one local for $3500.00 and mentioned it to the wife......"You can have a lot of snow plowed for $3500.00" she said so right away I knew the answer was no so I dropped it....It was never mentioned again.

Fast forward a week, I had forgot all about it and here comes the wife announcing that she had found me one with a plow, showed me the pics, and gave me the number to call.

A few hours later I had me a nice 4X4 4-wheeler with a plow sitting in the garage.

Never mind I got exactly what I wanted (a better bike really) but you tell me how their minds work? I'll be damned if I can fathom it.

407754741_1025787018649337_1040963183117543686_n.jpg
I don't get it. Where did she find one?

It's an allegorical account. The first 11 chapters are all allegorical accounts of world history that all nations share. These accounts were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. That's how history and knowledge were passed down in ancient times. Through stories. They didn't have HBO back then. What else were they going to do?
Charades

To me it reads like a reworked rip off from Greek Mythology, the story of Pandora's box

Forum List

Back