Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

You would never know. You don't possess the intellectual capacity or character to understand it. When you find something you think confirms your ridiculous beliefs you stop looking. Just like if you were looking for car keys.
the ridiculous belief is that some all powerful thing created everything

Funny how you speak of bias.

Pot kettle and all that.

And none of that list other than the religious dogma was new at the time.

So you really don't need the bible for the useful things because they were plagiarized and the god stuff is just made up.
There's no bias in stating that Genesis tells us...

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation.

That's just an honest reading of the text. Something you have never done. You can't even summarize the first two chapters of Genesis like I did. When you can do that let me know. Until then you are all fur coat and no trousers.

Genesis was written AFTER the Babylonian exile.. The version of the myth from Sumer had been in writing for more than a thousand years in Sumer, Dilmun and Ras Shamra.
And directly contradicts polytheism and is diametrically opposed to polytheism. So I don't see the connection like you do.

Funny how you speak of bias.

Pot kettle and all that.

And none of that list other than the religious dogma was new at the time.

So you really don't need the bible for the useful things because they were plagiarized and the god stuff is just made up.

The law Code of Hammurabi was old before Genesis.

The Code of Hammurabi is a Babylonian legal text composed c. 1755–1750 BC. It is the longest, best-organised, and best-preserved legal text from the ancient Near East. It is written in the Old Babylonian dialect of Akkadian, purportedly by Hammurabi, sixth king of the First Dynasty of Babylon. The primary copy of the text is inscribed on a basalt or diorite stele 2.25 m (7 ft 4+1⁄2 in) tall.

Code of Hammurabi: Laws & Facts - HISTORY
Sep 09, 2021 · The Code of Hammurabi was one of the earliest and most complete written legal codes and was proclaimed by the Babylonian king Hammurabi, who reigned from 1792 to 1750 B.C. Hammurabi

Last edited:
There's no bias in stating that Genesis tells us...

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation; only man has knowledge of good and evil
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation.

That's just an honest reading of the text. Something you have never done. You can't even summarize the first two chapters of Genesis like I did. When you can do that let me know. Until then you are all fur coat and no trousers.
Copy and paste all you want.

You didn't need the bible to learn any of the useful stuff in that list because all those ideas predate the bible. The religious dogma can be left out completely.

And directly contradicts polytheism and is diametrically opposed to polytheism. So I don't see the connection like you do.

Elohim is plural.

Scholars believe the Hebrews emerged from the Northcoast Canaanites and shared their pantheon.

Monotheism was gradual and full of backsliding.. not instant. The OT would support that. Even after multiple miracles by Moses (God) the Israelites went back to the golden calf in less than a month..

Copy and paste all you want.

You didn't need the bible to learn any of the useful stuff in that list because all those ideas predate the bible. The religious dogma can be left out completely.
I will continue to summarize chapters 1 and 2 of Genesis because you can't. And until you do this is what you will get because it is the winning hand. I always play winning hands.

Elohim is plural.

Scholars believe the Hebrews emerged from the Northcoast Canaanites and shared their pantheon.

Monotheism was gradual and full of backsliding.. not instant. The OT would support that. Even after multiple miracles by Moses (God) the Israelites went back to the golden calf in less than a month..
3000 years of history and the OT and NT say otherwise. That you would argue Judaism wasn't the first monotheistic belief is intellectually dishonest.

I will continue to summarize chapters 1 and 2 of Genesis because you can't. And until you do this is what you will get because it is the winning hand. I always play winning hands.
I read the bible 30 years ago and I'm not going to waste my time reading it again.

Unlike you I actually realized that I didn't need the bible to tell me anything useful because religious dogma isn't useful.

I really don't care if gods exist or not and it really doesn't matter. As I've said before even if any gods revealed themselves to the world today at noon EST I still would not worship them.

3000 years of history and the OT and NT say otherwise. That you would argue Judaism wasn't the first monotheistic belief is intellectually dishonest.

I am saying the Jews were not instant monotheists..

I am saying that by the time of Genesis Babylon already had a written language, irrigation, agriculture and sailboats.. and the Hammurabi Code was old.

Sep 09, 2021 · The Code of Hammurabi was one of the earliest and most complete written legal codes and was proclaimed by the Babylonian king Hammurabi, who reigned from 1792 to 1750 B.C. Hammurabi

I read the bible 30 years ago and I'm not going to waste my time reading it again.

Unlike you I actually realized that I didn't need the bible to tell me anything useful because religious dogma isn't useful.

I really don't care if gods exist or not and it really doesn't matter. As I've said before even if any gods revealed themselves to the world today at noon EST I still would not worship them.
You care so much you are willing to disregard objectivity. That's a lot of caring.

I am saying the Jews were not instant monotheists..

I am saying that by the time of Genesis Babylon already had a written language, irrigation, agriculture and sailboats.. and the Hammurabi Code was old.

You don't know that. That's a convenient belief for you. 3000 years of history and the OT and NT say otherwise. That you would argue Judaism wasn't the first monotheistic belief is intellectually dishonest.

You don't know that. That's a convenient belief for you. 3000 years of history and the OT and NT say otherwise. That you would argue Judaism wasn't the first monotheistic belief is intellectually dishonest.

Absolutely we do know that. The Babylonians had a written language by 3100 BC.

It gets a little froggy when Genesis is based on an older myth from Sumer and we extrapolate from that original sin.

Nope. Prove it.

Sumerian language | History, Characteristics, & Facts ...
Sumerian language, language isolate and the oldest written language in existence. First attested about 3100 bce in southern Mesopotamia , it flourished during the 3rd millennium bce . About 2000 bce , Sumerian was replaced as a spoken language by Semitic Akkadian (Assyro-Babylonian) but continued in written usage almost to the end of the life of the Akkadian language , around the beginning of the …

writing - Sumerian writing | Britannica
It has long been known that the earliest writing system in the world was Sumerian script, which in its later stages was known as cuneiform. The earliest stages of development are still a matter of much speculation based on fragmentary evidence. The French American archaeologist Denise Schmandt-Besserat, building on a hypothesis advanced by the Assyriologist Pierre Amiet of the Louvre, …

Absolutely we do know that. The Babylonians had a written language by 3100 BC.

It gets a little froggy when Genesis is based on an older myth from Sumer and we extrapolate from that original sin.
How does the beliefs of polytheists prove anything other than they are polytheists?

It's like you ignore the fundamental basis of Judaism which is monotheism. You can't say the Babylonians had a written language by 3100 BC so that means the Jews were polytheists. That does not compute.

Sumerian language | History, Characteristics, & Facts ...
Sumerian language, language isolate and the oldest written language in existence. First attested about 3100 bce in southern Mesopotamia , it flourished during the 3rd millennium bce . About 2000 bce , Sumerian was replaced as a spoken language by Semitic Akkadian (Assyro-Babylonian) but continued in written usage almost to the end of the life of the Akkadian language , around the beginning of the …

writing - Sumerian writing | Britannica
It has long been known that the earliest writing system in the world was Sumerian script, which in its later stages was known as cuneiform. The earliest stages of development are still a matter of much speculation based on fragmentary evidence. The French American archaeologist Denise Schmandt-Besserat, building on a hypothesis advanced by the Assyriologist Pierre Amiet of the Louvre, …
So what? Again... You can't say the Babylonians had a written language by 3100 BC so that means the Jews were polytheists.

So what? Again... You can't say the Babylonians had a written language by 3100 BC so that means the Jews were polytheists.

I said the Jews were Canaanites who came to monotheism gradually. Look at the setbacks they had when they went "whoring after false gods".. The OT prophets rail about that constantly which is NOT news to you.

I said the Jews were Canaanites who came to monotheism gradually. Look at the setbacks they had when they went "whoring after false gods".. The OT prophets rail about that constantly which is NOT news to you.
That literally proves that Judaism was the advent of monotheism. That monotheism is the basis of Judaism. The basis didn't gradually appear. The basis began with Abraham.

Forum List

Back