....well, the Select Committee is about to step into the batter's box...

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
Today's Washington Post has an interesting article about what is intended to be demonstrated when the televised hearings begin this week.
I cannot copy & past the entire long article (I would refer you to your digital subscription of the Post for that). But, I can offer you a taster of the coverage.

I found it particularly relevant following Maggie Halberman's (in Friday's New York Times) reportage....that Pence's staff had grown so alarmed over the safety of Pence following the stoking of animosity and anger towards him by the POTUS-at-the-time that they alerted the Secret Service that protection should be increased. They saw the storm that was coming by Trump's irresponsible rhetoric in front of crowds. (I'd recommend you open your digital subscription to the Times to read Halberman's reportage from Friday.)

Anyway, here is a taster from today's Washington Post:

"Almost a year after the formation of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, lawmakers are set to take their case public.

On Thursday night, Chairman Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) and Vice Chairwoman Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) will launch a series of televised hearings featuring a combination of live witnesses, pretaped interviews with figures that include Trump family members and previously unseen video footage.
The hearings mark the culmination of an inquiry that has involved more than 1,000 interviews and reviews of more than 125,000 records. Taken together, the work represents the most comprehensive record yet of the deadly assault, and which panel members have come to believe stands out as only the most visible evidence of a broader plot to undermine American democracy — one that emanated from the White House.

To tell that story, the committee will draw on testimony from administration insiders, including a previously obscure aide who has given the committee a detailed reconstruction of meetings and movements in the West Wing. The committee also has video recordings of interviews with Trump’s daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, that some inside the process believe will make for gripping television.

But the end result of the committee’s efforts remains an open question. Public opinions about Jan. 6 and about former president Donald Trump have long since hardened into competing blocs, making it difficult to break through, even with prime-time programming."

(the above underlining is by my avatar.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should be interesting television. Historical television, in my opinion.
Of course, it will be compared to the Watergate Hearings.
We'll see how this committee presents its' findings.

Today's Washington Post has an interesting article about what is intended to be demonstrated when the televised hearings begin this week.
I cannot copy & past the entire long article (I would refer you to your digital subscription of the Post for that). But, I can offer you a taster of the coverage.

I found it particularly relevant following Maggie Halberman's (in Friday's New York Times) reportage....that Pence's staff had grown so alarmed over the safety of Pence following the stoking of animosity and anger towards him by the POTUS-at-the-time that they alerted the Secret Service that protection should be increased. They saw the storm that was coming by Trump's irresponsible rhetoric in front of crowds. (I'd recommend you open your digital subscription to the Times to read Halberman's reportage from Friday.)

Anyway, here is a taster from today's Washington Post:

"Almost a year after the formation of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, lawmakers are set to take their case public.

On Thursday night, Chairman Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) and Vice Chairwoman Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) will launch a series of televised hearings featuring a combination of live witnesses, pretaped interviews with figures that include Trump family members and previously unseen video footage.
The hearings mark the culmination of an inquiry that has involved more than 1,000 interviews and reviews of more than 125,000 records. Taken together, the work represents the most comprehensive record yet of the deadly assault, and which panel members have come to believe stands out as only the most visible evidence of a broader plot to undermine American democracy — one that emanated from the White House.

To tell that story, the committee will draw on testimony from administration insiders, including a previously obscure aide who has given the committee a detailed reconstruction of meetings and movements in the West Wing. The committee also has video recordings of interviews with Trump’s daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, that some inside the process believe will make for gripping television.

But the end result of the committee’s efforts remains an open question. Public opinions about Jan. 6 and about former president Donald Trump have long since hardened into competing blocs, making it difficult to break through, even with prime-time programming."

(the above underlining is by my avatar.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should be interesting television. Historical television, in my opinion.
Of course, it will be compared to the Watergate Hearings.
We'll see how this committee presents its' findings.

Oh, a televised show trial.

:muahaha:

The TDS never ends. Clueless liberals think that January thing somehow matters while ignoring all the issues Americans really care about. I thought you whackjobs were laser focused on gun grabbing. No doubt hours of boring testimony on year old silliness will convince the people of your commitment to gun grabbing reforms.

R.efa721f4a13eb2dc7da60b49e274cf05

It'll be fun watching all the right wing cockroaches run for the darkness. :)
They'll just deny everything. Fake news. No matter what. Then they'll play the victim. Then they'll deflect. Then they'll attack. Regular stuff.

I doubt this goes anywhere unless someone near the top flips with incontrovertible evidence. It took someone close to bring down Gotti.

They'll just deny everything. Fake news. No matter what. Then they'll play the victim. Then they'll deflect. Then they'll attack. Regular stuff.

I doubt this goes anywhere unless someone near the top flips with incontrovertible evidence. It took someone close to bring down Gotti.
No one is going to flip. I don't expect anyone to go to prison or get indicted. It appears our AG doesn't have the constitution.
Trump can't be touched. We already know what he did. And right now, he's being the useful idiot, splitting the Republican party.

What I am expecting is something akin to what happened when the Titanic hit the iceberg. People like Jordan, MTG, and the rest of the Republican Trump fluffers get their names read aloud for the public record. We get an actual accounting of their seditious deeds. And that, sways just enough of the independent voters to put an ever expanding hole in the Republican hull. :) And what happens when that ship takes on enough water? Democrats have a shot at holding serve in November.

The kangaroos are primed and ready!! Let the circus begin!

Don't forget, folks, Jan 6 was 911, Pearl Harbor, and the Battle of Gettysburg all wrapped up into 1. It was the single most cataclysmic event in the annals of recorded human history and the enemies of the technocratic states of America must pay!

Oh, a televised show trial.
Well, yes, as the Post article references there are those whose position has hardened into their partisan bloc of beliefs and no facts revealed by a paper-trail or witness testimony will dislodge them from their pre-established convictions.
So be it.
I doubt the Committee expects to 'convince' every American citizen that Trump and his enablers did some bad juju leading up to the January 6th attack on Congress.

Rather, we all can hope that a credible authoritative historical record about who said what, did what, and when and how --- is established. Anything beyond that is likely mere hopefulness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The TDS never ends.
Trump Delusion Sycophancy?
Yupper, we see it here all the time.
Thanx for pointing it out, poster Al.

ps....for those who may think it applies to them: Being a sycophant is not high on the 'manliness' (or even 'womanliness') list of qualifying traits. It is a sign of weakness. IMHO

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I thought you whackjobs were laser focused on gun grabbing. No doubt hours of boring testimony on year old silliness will convince the people of your commitment to gun grabbing reforms.
Forgive my avatar, but the above sounds an awful lot like 'gripper-think'. That EVERYTHING happening in America is merely a plot to take away the bangbang toys of gripper-nutjobs.
I'm a longtime gun owner, and I believe that 'gripper-think' is endangering me and other responsible gun-owners in our possession of firearms. Gripper-nutters high on RemOil are gonna kill the 2nd Amendment as we know it. Extremism and absolutism are never good ingredients for long-term rationale realities. It is fringie stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most forgot about Jan 6th around February 1st

Well, yes, poster SIL, many have.
Others who take their citizenry, and their country seriously have not.
Many of those recognize what a grave threat to our foundational belief in a peaceful transfer of power occurred between November 4th and January 6th.

And it is also true, that most of those do NOT support the deliberate stoking of anger and animosity directed at the Vice President in an attempt to motivate him to violate the Constitution.

Nor do they support the physical violent attack against the people we elected to represent our voice in the Capitol of the United States.

Nor do we support the violent and injurious attacks on uniformed police who had taken an oath to protect our representatives, protect their staffs, protect the 'People's House' and it's historical artefacts and furnishings.

In truth, poster SIL, that stuff should be hard to forget.

But you be you. In your own personal flavor of citizenship.

Call:
  • "Kabuki Theatre for the ignorant sheeple who still believe anything coming from the DC UNiparty. It's a banana republic political enemies show for ignorant masses"
  • "The kangaroos are primed and ready!! Let the circus begin!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESPONSE:
"Well, yes, as the Post article references there are those whose position has hardened into their partisan bloc of beliefs and no facts revealed by a paper-trail or witness testimony will dislodge them from their pre-established convictions.
So be it..........Rather, we all can hope that a credible authoritative historical record about who said what, did what, and when and how --- is established."

Well, yes, as the Post article references there are those whose position has hardened into their partisan bloc of beliefs and no facts revealed by a paper-trail or witness testimony will dislodge them from their pre-established convictions.
So be it.
I doubt the Committee expects to 'convince' every American citizen that Trump and his enablers did some bad juju leading up to the January 6th attack on Congress.

Rather, we all can hope that a credible authoritative historical record about who said what, did what, and when and how --- is established. Anything beyond that is likely mere hopefulness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump Delusion Sycophancy?
Yupper, we see it here all the time.
Thanx for pointing it out, poster Al.

ps....for those who may think it applies to them: Being a sycophant is not high on the 'manliness' (or even 'womanliness') list of qualifying traits. It is a sign of weakness. IMHO

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Forgive my avatar, but the above sounds an awful lot like 'gripper-think'. That EVERYTHING happening in America is merely a plot to take away the bangbang toys of gripper-nutjobs.
I'm a longtime gun owner, and I believe that 'gripper-think' is endangering me and other responsible gun-owners in our possession of firearms. Gripper-nutters high on RemOil are gonna kill the 2nd Amendment as we know it. Extremism and absolutism are never good ingredients for long-term rationale realities. It is fringie stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yes, poster SIL, many have.
Others who take their citizenry, and their country seriously have not.
Many of those recognize what a grave threat to our foundational belief in a peaceful transfer of power occurred between November 4th and January 6th.

And it is also true, that most of those do NOT support the deliberate stoking of anger and animosity directed at the Vice President in an attempt to motivate him to violate the Constitution.

Nor do they support the physical violent attack against the people we elected to represent our voice in the Capitol of the United States.

Nor do we support the violent and injurious attacks on uniformed police who had taken an oath to protect our representatives, protect their staffs, protect the 'People's House' and it's historical artefacts and furnishings.

In truth, poster SIL, that stuff should be hard to forget.

But you be you. In your own personal flavor of citizenship.

those whose position has hardened into their partisan bloc of beliefs and no facts revealed by a paper-trail or witness testimony will dislodge them from their pre-established convictions.
yes, the committee.

Made up of some of the same people that impeached him, basically on an up/down vote with very little discussion.

No one is going to flip. I don't expect anyone to go to prison or get indicted. It appears our AG doesn't have the constitution.
Trump can't be touched. We already know what he did. And right now, he's being the useful idiot, splitting the Republican party.

What I am expecting is something akin to what happened when the Titanic hit the iceberg. People like Jordan, MTG, and the rest of the Republican Trump fluffers get their names read aloud for the public record. We get an actual accounting of their seditious deeds. And that, sways just enough of the independent voters to put an ever expanding hole in the Republican hull. :) And what happens when that ship takes on enough water? Democrats have a shot at holding serve in November.
Exactly what do you feel DT did? What did any others do that incriminates them in instigating an "insurrection"?
You all will hang on every word & promises from DC & MSM that they have the goods & will prove all your wild fantasies.

You rubes will eat any steaming pile of BS they plop in your bowl & ask for seconds.

Dems = Charlie Brown
MSM = Lucy

charliebrown.gif

Kabuki Theatre for the ignorant sheeple who still believe anything coming from the DC UNiparty.
It's a banana republic political enemies show for ignorant masses
Part of the stagecraft of this pending show trial is pretending that the committee is “bi-partisan.” The fuck it is. If it were truly bi-partisan, the former President’s party would be countering the expected onslaught of leftarded Dim propaganda and out of context “facts.” But surely neither nominally “Republican” members will do that. They are anti-Trumpers. So the committee is entirely partisan.

And for whatever their official charter and purpose is supposed to be, we all know ahead of time that this show trial has only one actual purpose: to serve as a government paid-for anti-Trump political advertisement.

Exactly what do you feel DT did? What did any others do that incriminates them in instigating an "insurrection"?
You all will hang on every word & promises from DC & MSM that they have the goods & will prove all your wild fantasies.

You rubes will eat any steaming pile of BS they plop in your bowl & ask for seconds.

Dems = Charlie Brown
MSM = Lucy

View attachment 654240
I won't hang on any word. Just the names of the guilty being read aloud will be enough. Again, enough to put a hole in their armor.
Trump will do the rest with his dividing the party.

Forum List

Back