....well, the Select Committee is about to step into the batter's box...

I'm starting to lose count of the Dem Biden deflections. Breaking news yesterday was now Biden is blaming his own White House staff and apparently a bunch of people are going to get fired. lol

435 congressmen times 5 minutes of time to speechify their case, divided by 60 minutes in an hour.

equals 36.25 hours.

not what I'd call a 'lot of discussion' over an impeachment.
You made your point well the first time. The math makes it even a sharper point. And of course, what you’ve said makes sense, is logical and rational. You’re completely correct. This means little Huff Stultsky won’t ever comprehend it or admit it.

Last edited:
"Exactly what do you feel DT did?"
I believe the above is a rhetorical question.
Anybody can answer.
So lemme try:

What did DTrump do? He incited the mob. He stoked their anger. He directed them at a target. He publicly and repeatedly vilified his perceived enemy (Pence). He had done this whirl&twirl many times before in his rallies, which were notorious for their implied...and sometimes actual....violence against any who were skeptical of DTrump. In short, DTrump knew his power, he knew how to manipulate his fanboys, and he did so. That is what Don Trump did.

• "For weeks, President Trump and his supporters had been proclaiming Jan. 6, 2021, as a day of reckoning. A day to gather in Washington to “save America” and “stop the steal” of the election he had decisively lost, but which he still maintained — often through a toxic brew of conspiracy theories — that he had won by a landslide." (NYT 1/27/21)
  • “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” ... “Be there, will be wild!(Don Trump, 12/19/20)
But, from my perspective as a citizen, and someone who led and directed a couple hundred people in our company I view Don Trump's failure in the light of 'what he didn't do'. He didn't responsibly lead. It was his duty, more than any other single individual on January 6th, to calm the mob, to quell their animosity, to mitigate their anger not stoke it, and to assert his oft exhibited control on the moods of his assembled fan base.
He had a multitude of opportunities and times when he could have done so. He refused on some opportunities, he ignored other opportunities. And when finally beseeched by staff, family, politicians.....he dragged his feet in any attempt to mitigate the disaster.
Don Trump's sins on January 6th and the lead-up to it, were sins of commission and omission.
I hope I am abundantly clear on that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• quite a lot of discussion?.....2 FUCKING DAYS?
  • not what I'd call a 'lot of discussion' over an impeachment.
  • But you’d admit, if you were honest (a contrary to fact hypothesis, sadly) that two “days” worth of “discussion” isn’t really a discussion..
Responding to the three posts above I would assert, two days in a crisis is a long time. More importantly, two days is a signal of the widespread revulsion the Congress...the House of Representatives, in particular......had for the violence they were victim to on January 6th. Kevin McCarthy blamed Trump. In the Senate, Mitch McConnell did. Leadership blamed Don Trump for stoking the anger, and propelling the mob to attack the People's House, where Mike Pence was making a critical decision on Electors.
That revulsion derived --directly --- to the perception of who was the instigator --- Don Trump.
That surely seems bright and clear. Even these many months later.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was there some kind of chance that the Manson girls would change their mind after seeing the evidence? Of course not.
That is an apt analogy, poster '58. A hat-tip.

Anybody can answer.
So lemme try:

What did DTrump do? He incited the mob. He stoked their anger. He directed them at a target. He publicly and repeatedly vilified his perceived enemy (Pence). He had done this whirl&twirl many times before in his rallies, which were notorious for their implied...and sometimes actual....violence against any who were skeptical of DTrump. In short, DTrump knew his power, he knew how to manipulate his fanboys, and he did so. That is what Don Trump did.

• "For weeks, President Trump and his supporters had been proclaiming Jan. 6, 2021, as a day of reckoning. A day to gather in Washington to “save America” and “stop the steal” of the election he had decisively lost, but which he still maintained — often through a toxic brew of conspiracy theories — that he had won by a landslide." (NYT 1/27/21)
  • “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” ... “Be there, will be wild!(Don Trump, 12/19/20)
But, from my perspective as a citizen, and someone who led and directed a couple hundred people in our company I view Don Trump's failure in the light of 'what he didn't do'. He didn't responsibly lead. It was his duty, more than any other single individual on January 6th, to calm the mob, to quell their animosity, to mitigate their anger not stoke it, and to assert his oft exhibited control on the moods of his assembled fan base.
He had a multitude of opportunities and times when he could have done so. He refused on some opportunities, he ignored other opportunities. And when finally beseeched by staff, family, politicians.....he dragged his feet in any attempt to mitigate the disaster.
Don Trump's sins on January 6th and the lead-up to it, were sins of commission and omission.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Responding to the three posts above I would assert, two days in a crisis is a long time. More importantly, two days is a signal of the widespread revulsion the Congress...the House of Representatives, in particular......had for the violence they were victim to on January 6th. Kevin McCarthy blamed Trump. In the Senate, Mitch McConnell did. Leadership blamed Don Trump for stoking the anger, and propelling the mob to attack the People's House, where Mike Pence was making a critical decision on Electors.
That revulsion derived --directly --- to the perception of who was the instigator --- Don Trump.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Responding to the three posts above I would assert, two days in a crisis is a long time

crisis?

CRISIS?

Trump would be leaving the WH in less than 2 weeks.

WHAT CRISIS?

OTHER THAN THE TIME PERIOD FOR THAT NECESSARY (?) SECOND IMPEACHMENT WAS GROWING SHORT.

Well, yes, as the Post article references there are those whose position has hardened into their partisan bloc of beliefs and no facts revealed by a paper-trail or witness testimony will dislodge them from their pre-established convictions.
So be it.
I doubt the Committee expects to 'convince' every American citizen that Trump and his enablers did some bad juju leading up to the January 6th attack on Congress.

Rather, we all can hope that a credible authoritative historical record about who said what, did what, and when and how --- is established. Anything beyond that is likely mere hopefulness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump Delusion Sycophancy?
Yupper, we see it here all the time.
Thanx for pointing it out, poster Al.

ps....for those who may think it applies to them: Being a sycophant is not high on the 'manliness' (or even 'womanliness') list of qualifying traits. It is a sign of weakness. IMHO

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Forgive my avatar, but the above sounds an awful lot like 'gripper-think'. That EVERYTHING happening in America is merely a plot to take away the bangbang toys of gripper-nutjobs.
I'm a longtime gun owner, and I believe that 'gripper-think' is endangering me and other responsible gun-owners in our possession of firearms. Gripper-nutters high on RemOil are gonna kill the 2nd Amendment as we know it. Extremism and absolutism are never good ingredients for long-term rationale realities. It is fringie stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yes, poster SIL, many have.
Others who take their citizenry, and their country seriously have not.
Many of those recognize what a grave threat to our foundational belief in a peaceful transfer of power occurred between November 4th and January 6th.

And it is also true, that most of those do NOT support the deliberate stoking of anger and animosity directed at the Vice President in an attempt to motivate him to violate the Constitution.

Nor do they support the physical violent attack against the people we elected to represent our voice in the Capitol of the United States.

Nor do we support the violent and injurious attacks on uniformed police who had taken an oath to protect our representatives, protect their staffs, protect the 'People's House' and it's historical artefacts and furnishings.

In truth, poster SIL, that stuff should be hard to forget.

But you be you. In your own personal flavor of citizenship.
You're so silly. You actually think anyone cares about this January thing now? Only dumbest rubes perhaps. The rest of America is concerned with out of control inflation, record high gas prices, faux gun violence outrage, and the overall failure that is the DNC and Biden in particular. Yet you folks really believe this January thing is important. How clueless are you? Personally I applaud you, few could fail to read the room so ineptly, you have talent.

Anybody can answer.
So lemme try:

If by “inciting” the alleged “mob,” you mean he complained about what was thought to be a stolen election, you approach making a point. But, again, that’s actually just free speech you’re blathering about. That’s very different than inciting a “mob.” So once again, your effort to make a point fails miserably.

Once the small subset of the much larger group of citizen-protestors started some mob like behaviors, for once I tend to agree with you. At that point a firmer leader would have attempted to persuade them to behave properly and legally. In my estimation, at that juncture, Trump did fall short. That is a failing but it isn’t criminal nor is it evidence of criminality or intent.

This will be the standard partisan political theater from a group that already had their conclusions drawn before the committee was ever formed. If you want to see a show I suggest Top Gun Maverick would be the better option.

"This will show the US (if they watch) what a kangaroo court looks like."

The "kangaroo court" analogy is not new in this thread. It has been used by others.
That, however, does not validate it. Or elevate it.

The poster above, like others before him, wishes to ignore the need ---and the desire ---for a full accounting of January 6th, and the lead-up to it. Who were the players, what did they say and do, and to what effect?

Attacking and damaging the Capitol of the United States of America, and in the process attacking and injuring over 140 uniformed officers, may seem merely theatrical to any who attempt to use 'theatre' or 'kangaroo' as their leitmotif for framing the riot and attack as merely "legitimate political discourse" (as the Republican National Committee actually called it), but the article referred to in the OP describes it differently.

In that article this was included:

(I would recommend all to subscribe to the Post's digital service) (also, emphasis is by my avatar)
  • "........the hearings will represent a historic moment, one in which the committee unveils evidence of what it has described in court filings as “a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States.” “Either way, these hearings are very important in getting that information out there,” said Norm Eisen, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution...."
  • The first hearing is likely to provide the American public with an opening argument and overview of the events on the day rioters assaulted the Capitol, as well as the weeks that preceded it. ".... the committee will attempt to place the story of the violence at the Capitol in the context of a broader, multi-tentacled plot to overturn the results of Joe Biden’s electoral victory, with Trump’s involvement serving as the through line.
  • "The hearings that follow this month — there are expected to be at least six in all — will drill down on particular aspects of that plot."
  • The final hearing is likely to be led by Reps. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) and Elaine Luria (D-Va.) and focused primarily on Trump: what he did, what went on around him, and what he said before Jan. 6 and on that day."
--------------------------------------------------------------

So, while some posters wish to denigrate any attempt to investigate and analyze the totality of the January 6th debacle.....others want only a full accounting. And for that, this Committee is our best hope. They are the game. Like it or not.

We cannot depend upon Kevin McCarthy or Mitch McConnell...both of who immediately blamed Trump. But since, have obfuscated.
We cannot depend upon the Federalist Society, or the Supreme Court to do it. Or that GOP National Committee. Or CPAC.
This Committee is the only means we have to get to the bottom of it all.

We hope it provides America with answers on who is blame-able for the attack on our Representatives, the injury to those police officers.....and the damage to our American democracy.

Call it a 'kangaroo court' or 'kabuki theatre' or whatever. That's up to each individual poster according to the degree of their partisan thinking. But loyal patriotic Americans want an accounting, and we want culpability attached for wrongdoing.

I hope I am clear on that.

The "kangaroo court" analogy is not new in this thread. It has been used by others.

The poster above, like others before him, wishes to ignore the need ---and the desire ---for a full accounting of January 6th, and the lead-up to it. Who were the players, what did they say and do, and to what effect?

Attacking and damaging the Capitol of the United States of America, and in the process attacking and injuring over 140 uniformed officers, may seem merely theatrical to any who attempt to use 'theatre' or 'kangaroo' as their leitmotif for framing the riot and attack as merely "legitimate political discourse" (as the Republican National Committee actually called it), but the article referred to in the OP describes it differently.

(I would recommend all to subscribe to the Post's digital service) (also, emphasis is by my avatar)
  • "........the hearings will represent a historic moment, one in which the committee unveils evidence of what it has described in court filings as “a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States.” “Either way, these hearings are very important in getting that information out there,” said Norm Eisen, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution...."
  • The first hearing is likely to provide the American public with an opening argument and overview of the events on the day rioters assaulted the Capitol, as well as the weeks that preceded it. ".... the committee will attempt to place the story of the violence at the Capitol in the context of a broader, multi-tentacled plot to overturn the results of Joe Biden’s electoral victory, with Trump’s involvement serving as the through line.
  • "The hearings that follow this month — there are expected to be at least six in all — will drill down on particular aspects of that plot."
  • The final hearing is likely to be led by Reps. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) and Elaine Luria (D-Va.) and focused primarily on Trump: what he did, what went on around him, and what he said before Jan. 6 and on that day."

So, while some posters wish to denigrate any attempt to investigate and analyze the totality of the January 6th debacle.....others want only a full accounting. And for that, this Committee is our best hope. They are the game. Like it or not.

We cannot depend upon Kevin McCarthy or Mitch McConnell...both of who immediately blamed Trump. But since, have obfuscated.
We cannot depend upon the Federalist Society, or the Supreme Court to do it. Or that GOP National Committee. Or CPAC.

We hope it provides America with answers on who is blame-able for the attack on our Representatives, the injury to those police officers.....and the damage to our American democracy.

Call it a 'kangaroo court' or 'kabuki theatre' or whatever. That's up to each individual poster according to the degree of their partisan thinking. But loyal patriotic Americans want an accounting, and we want culpability attached for wrongdoing.

I would like a full accounting of Jan 6. Sadly Nan' made it clear that wasn't going to happen.
She certainly would be one person I would be interviewing for answers to Jan 6. Not going to happen.
So that's how we get to a kangaroo court. The fix is in as it always is with your tent.

It'll be fun watching all the right wing cockroaches run for the darkness. :)
Progs are already there. Watching the murders escalate is refreshening now. Mostly Progs of course. The stage is active for "Mass Murderers the Musical".

The fix is in as it always is with your tent.

I don't have a "tent". Other than America.
Let us be abundantly clear on that.
Trying to create an "other" to be a foil, to manufacture a perceived advesary.....is below your responsibilities.

IMHO

I don't have a "tent". Other than America.
Let us be abundantly clear on that.
Trying to create an "other" to be a foil, to manufacture a perceived advesary.....is below your responsibilities.

IMHO
Oh, chilli, you do have a tent whether you will admit it or not.
But, deflect away from the meat of my prior post. :rolleyes-41:

I'd be very surprised to see this move the needle on much of anything.

We're more concerned with who's winning on "Survivor".
Make a list, make it simple
List 1.....
inflation
gas prices
price of food
illegal immigration
economy

List 2....
Jan 6 hearings
Trump lost
Trump impeachment

Which list do you think 'Real Americans' are focusing on?

Forum List

Back