Top Conservative Judge 'Profoundly' Worried By Right-Wing Court's Direction, Believes Trump Will Skate On Coup Crimes

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America

Shocker From Top Conservative Judge: Trump Likely To Skate Completely​

J. Michael Luttig sees two potential outcomes from Thursday’s Supreme Court arguments. Both are grim for our democracy.​

“I’m profoundly disturbed about the apparent direction of the court,” J. Michael Luttig told me. “I now believe that it is unlikely Trump will ever be tried for the crimes he committed in attempting to overturn the 2020 election.”

I called Luttig, a former federal judge with extensive conservative credentials, to solicit his reaction to this week’s Supreme Court hearing over Donald Trump’s demand for absolute immunity from prosecution for any crimes related to his insurrection attempt. On Thursday, Luttig posted a thread critiquing the right-wing justices for their apparent openness to Trump’s arguments—but that thread was legalistic and formal, so I figured Luttig had a lot more to say.

And did he ever. Luttig lacerated the right-wing justices for harboring a “radical vision” of the American presidency, and pronounced himself “gravely” worried that Trump will never face accountability for alleged crimes committed in attempting to destroy U.S. democracy through extensive procedural corruption and the naked incitement of mob violence.

Luttig’s fear that Trump may very well skate centers on the lines of questioning from the court’s right-wing majority about Special Counsel Jack Smith’s ongoing prosecution of Trump. As many observers noted, those justices appeared largely uninterested in the question before them—whether Trump’s alleged crimes related to the insurrection constituted official presidential acts that are immune from prosecution after leaving office.

Instead, the justices dwelled on the supposed future consequences of prosecuting presidents for crimes, and seemed to want to place some limits on that eventuality. That suggests the justices will kick the case back to lower courts to determine whether some definition of official presidential acts must be protected (and whether Trump’s specific acts qualify).

Such a move would almost certainly push Trump’s trial until after the election, and if he wins, he can simply cancel prosecutions of himself. Luttig fears that outcome. But he also worries that even if Trump loses the election, there may well be five Supreme Court votes for siding with Trump’s demand for immunity. Both outcomes would functionally end his prosecution.

“I believe it is now likely either that Trump will get elected and instruct his attorney general to drop the charges, or that the Supreme Court will grant him immunity from prosecution,” Luttig told me.

More at the link below...

Top Conservative Judge 'Profoundly' Worried By Right-Wing Court's Direction, Believes Trump Will Skate On Coup Crimes

I am greatly disappointed that Trump may never be held fully accountable for his actions! I am greatly disappointed in our current judicial system - especially SCOTUS. What do you think?

There was no “insurrection” or “coup”.

You delusional Marxfags can deny reality all you want, it doesn’t mean your false narrative is true in the real world.

The insurrection was the day after Trump was elected and continued his entire 4 years and continued almost non-stop after he left office over a stolen election through election interference in 2024.

Down with the Biden junta!

J. Michael Luttig sees two potential outcomes from Thursday’s Supreme Court arguments. Both are grim for our democracy.​

“I’m profoundly disturbed about the apparent direction of the court,” J. Michael Luttig told me. “I now believe that it is unlikely Trump will ever be tried for the crimes he committed in attempting to overturn the 2020 election.”

I called Luttig, a former federal judge with extensive conservative credentials, to solicit his reaction to this week’s Supreme Court hearing over Donald Trump’s demand for absolute immunity from prosecution for any crimes related to his insurrection attempt. On Thursday, Luttig posted a thread critiquing the right-wing justices for their apparent openness to Trump’s arguments—but that thread was legalistic and formal, so I figured Luttig had a lot more to say.

And did he ever. Luttig lacerated the right-wing justices for harboring a “radical vision” of the American presidency, and pronounced himself “gravely” worried that Trump will never face accountability for alleged crimes committed in attempting to destroy U.S. democracy through extensive procedural corruption and the naked incitement of mob violence.

Luttig’s fear that Trump may very well skate centers on the lines of questioning from the court’s right-wing majority about Special Counsel Jack Smith’s ongoing prosecution of Trump. As many observers noted, those justices appeared largely uninterested in the question before them—whether Trump’s alleged crimes related to the insurrection constituted official presidential acts that are immune from prosecution after leaving office.

Instead, the justices dwelled on the supposed future consequences of prosecuting presidents for crimes, and seemed to want to place some limits on that eventuality. That suggests the justices will kick the case back to lower courts to determine whether some definition of official presidential acts must be protected (and whether Trump’s specific acts qualify).

Such a move would almost certainly push Trump’s trial until after the election, and if he wins, he can simply cancel prosecutions of himself. Luttig fears that outcome. But he also worries that even if Trump loses the election, there may well be five Supreme Court votes for siding with Trump’s demand for immunity. Both outcomes would functionally end his prosecution.

“I believe it is now likely either that Trump will get elected and instruct his attorney general to drop the charges, or that the Supreme Court will grant him immunity from prosecution,” Luttig told me.

I am greatly disappointed that Trump may never be held fully accountable for his actions! I am greatly disappointed in our current judicial system - especially SCOTUS. What do you think?
I think that you don't think much.

Luttig was and still is a huge TDSer. He's big with the NYT and NPR which are HUGE Democrat media outlets. He also hangs with Laurence Tribe who served as advisor to Obama's Presidential campaign. Tribe wanted Congress to impeach Trump for firing Comey. Luttig and Tribe are 'never Trumpers' at the least and downright liars most of the time when it comes to Trump. This is what you TDSers believe, nonsensical hatred.

Luttig was and still is a huge TDSer. He's big with the NYT and NPR which are HUGE Democrat media outlets. He also hangs with Laurence Tribe who served as advisor to Obama's Presidential campaign. Tribe wanted Congress to impeach Trump for firing Comey. Luttig and Tribe are 'never Trumpers' at the least and downright liars most of the time when it comes to Trump. This is what you TDSers believe, nonsensical hatred.

Luttig and Tribe are American patriots! Trump is an anti-American traitor!

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

There was no coup or insurrection, both are federal crimes with which no one has been charged. Your desperation is showing.

Challenging an election and subverting an election are two seperate things. There is eveidence Trump challenged the outcome, questioned the results and questioned the tactics. But there is no evidence he subverted the election, which is why he is not being charged for insurrection.

The Democrats by trying to criminalize a president challenging an election have completely gone off their rocker without giving consideration to what this means for future presidents, and for keeping this nation together as one people. They are mad with power.

There was no “insurrection” or “coup”.

You delusional Marxfags can deny reality all you want, it doesn’t mean your false narrative is true in the real world.
The stupid bastards have convinced themselves that a 4-5 riot put the most powerful nation on the planet, at existential risk. Not DC, mind you, but the idiots that bought their propaganda. I think they are stressing these days because they know they can't beat him a third time and they cannot expect to steal again using mail-in, unverified ballots. I expect them to go full "summer of Floyd" in the coming weeks and months. Their fuel for this fire might even be their antiSemites on university campuses.

Luttig worked hard to get Thomas onto the Court. Wouldn't it be ironic if Thomas is the tie breaking vote to give Trump immunity?

The stupid bastards have convinced themselves that a 4-5 riot put the most powerful nation on the planet, at existential risk. Not DC, mind you, but the idiots that bought their propaganda. I think they are stressing these days because they know they can't beat him a third time and they cannot expect to steal again using mail-in, unverified ballots. I expect them to go full "summer of Floyd" in the coming weeks and months. Their fuel for this fire might even be their antiSemites on university campuses.
It has been interesting watching the parade of anti Trump clown circus lawfare. They know none of the charges will stick they're just trying to slow Trump and hope he stumbles. It's so obvious that DC, the swamp and the shadow Marxists running Washington are really scared shitless of a Trump victory.

Last edited:
Shocker, calling a man that is not a judge, a judge, to attack the greatest modern President of the United States, Donald Trump
Lakhota should have corrected the nomiclature by calling him a former Judge, or retired Judge. However, he mistakenly or purposely attempted to make the statement more important than it really is. thus making him a liar and troll.

Forum List

Back