It is Way Past Time to Lower Drinking Age to 18 Again

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This law is blatant age discrimination toward young people.

12314046_995392180519762_5906847690152620817_n.jpg

It is absurd that an 18 year old can be responsible for driving a million dollar lethal tank but society says they cant handle a beer.

Bullshit. These stupid laws need to be removed as they discriminate on the basis of age against US citizens.

I think the age needs to be about 30. And people should be tested first. :lol:

Boys dont stop growing till at least 21. No way they should be allowed to drink in public.

Tell that to every other country in the world and most of them have less issues with alcohol abuse than we do. Americans are the only ones in the western world with this asinine taboo of alcohol.

Boys dont stop growing till at least 21. No way they should be allowed to drink in public.

Tell that to every other country in the world and most of them have less issues with alcohol abuse than we do. Americans are the only ones in the western world with this asinine taboo of alcohol.

That's b/c they are bottle fed it, and don't know the difference. :lol: j/k kinda

It is absurd that an 18 year old can be responsible for driving a million dollar lethal tank but society says they cant handle a beer.

Bullshit. These stupid laws need to be removed as they discriminate on the basis of age against US citizens.

Discrimination isn't even the real issue. The 21 year old drinking age has caused more harm than good. In most other countries alcohol is a normal part of life. In many places in Europe, for example, kids have wine with meals and they're raised to consume it responsibly unlike the United States where prohibition to young adults has only resulted in abuse and a wasteful use of taxpayer resources to enforce it.

Epidemiology of binge drinking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are beating Canada, but Britain and Australia are kicking your ass.

Is that why they drive on the wrong side of the road ???

(I am kidding...it is that or scream over political crap)

Discrimination isn't even the real issue. The 21 year old drinking age has caused more harm than good. In most other countries alcohol is a normal part of life. In many places in Europe, for example, kids have wine with meals and they're raised to consume it responsibly unlike the United States where prohibition to young adults has only resulted in abuse and a wasteful use of taxpayer resources to enforce it.
You can still give your kids a wine with dinner.

I see no reason for a 19 year old boy NOT TO BE ABLE TO get a sip from dad's----
can (tha's can of bud...)

Not at a public restaurant.

I've been to Europe and Asia multiple times. There is nothing unusual about seeing kids in bars. When I was in Italy this past fall I was in a pub across the street from the AirBnB apartment we rented and there was a soccer game going on. There were a bunch of kids in there with their fathers, just sitting watching the game. No big deal. In the U.S the police would have raided the fucking place, shut it down, and pulled their bar's liquor license because kids were there.

When you travel outside the United States you begin to realize how ass backwards Americans are and it's not just with alcohol.

I've been to Europe and Asia multiple times. There is nothing unusual about seeing kids in bars. When I was in Italy this past fall I was in a pub across the street from the AirBnB apartment we rented and there was a soccer game going on. There were a bunch of kids in there with their fathers, just sitting watching the game. No big deal. In the U.S the police would have raided the fucking place, shut it down, and pulled their bar's liquor license because kids were there.

When you travel outside the United States you begin to realize how ass backwards Americans are and it's not just with alcohol.
Start with legalising pot. You can't have kids going to prison for that crap.

Why can't we do both?
Pot isn't addictive. Very few people enjoy the feeling and smoke it for life. Alcohol is a terrible affliction which some people happen to be genetically predisposed to. They simply cannot not be an alcoholic if they fall into a drinking culture.

Why can't we do both?
Pot isn't addictive. Very few people enjoy the feeling and smoke it for life. Alcohol is a terrible affliction which some people happen to be genetically predisposed to. They simply cannot not be an alcoholic if they fall into a drinking culture.

I think pot is addictive. More studies have shown it is.
And people do stupid stupid things while stoned on it. I sure did. :redface::redface::redface:

there is a weird culture of ALCOHOL AS AN ADULT INDULGENCE ----LIKE SEX----in the USA. I was born in the USA------and being a jew------lived in a house in which the wine and whiskey--------such as it existed in the house-----was not LOCKED UP. I grew up in WASP ville. Some of my friends (THE MOST AMERICAN---ie not the Italians or the Slavs or the Greeks) lived in homes in which
ALCOHOL was something like condoms------HIDDEN AWAY and not in the sight
of THE CHILDREN and clearly------NEVER FOR THEM TO TOUCH and not actually discussed in their presence. It is a leftover from our USA religious origins--------DA PURITANS AND METHODISTS etc----the people that created
PROHIBITION. IT IS OUR CULTURE------we got it from the pilgrims-----it came to the USA ON THE MAYFLOWER

Why can't we do both?

I think pot is addictive. More studies have shown it is.
And people do stupid stupid things while stoned on it. I sure did. :redface::redface::redface:
It's too crap to be addictive imho

Forum List

Back