Debate Now A lynching scarred this Georgia county. Is it willing to confront its dark past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If interracial murder is important to you, then both the white and black victims of interracial violence should get equal attention and sympathy.
But they don't.
Most of us have limited resources and the government generally will select what it's willing to expend resources on depending on who will be helped the most.

White people in America have always had more resources and more support systems than Black people. That doesn't mean that what happens to them is less important and you're presumptuous to believe that you know what motivates the decisions I make.

The murders are one thing and for the record I don't do defense work. What is equally problematic for the Black communities though is the lack of law enforcement and criminal justice assistance specifically addressing the Black people who were terrorized (a crime) and run out of the country (another crime). If any of the remaining residents, simply confiscated for themselves what was left behind, that's another crime but if no one bothered to address the most egregious of the lot (the murder by lynching) is anyone surprised that no one was going to address the lesser but just as overall damaging crimes?

Wouldn't it be a better idea to put this behind us all since none of us were involved in these lynchings. We were well on the way to racial healing until Obamao showed up.

Sometimes you just have to MOVE ON. Continuing to talk about it ad nauseum does nothing beneficiaL.

I guess that would depend on whether you feel guilty about what happened or you lost a father or grandfather (or other relative) to a gang of ignorant rednecks (who were often not punished for their crimes).

It is an event that occurred in history. How many white guys were lynched on the spot for stealing horses or cattle? Aside from being worth a footnote, there is no connection with anyone alive today.

There was a lynching in 1981 by the kkk. They were angry about the outcome of a court case, so they went looking for a black man to take it out on. They found Michael Donald and lynched him. He was 19 years old. He was murdered for being black. I was 21 in 1981.

In 1993 three men kidnapped Christopher Wilson and set him on fire. He was 28.

In June of 1998, three white supremacists kidnapped 49 year old James Byrd Jr. They dragged him behind a pickup truck for 3 miles. He was alive for much of it. Until he hit a culvert which severed his arm and his head. Byrd had 3 children. I am sure they would say we should just move on, huh?

And much of this was not ancient history. The Birmingham church bombing happened in 1963. 4 little girls were murdered. Why was the church bombed? Because it was where people met to plan voter registration for blacks. What a horrendous crime, huh? Registering people to vote? Those girls might still be alive today, except for the despicable actions of a few ignorant pieces of white trash.

Once you create your prohibited list, don't keep adding names as others show up that
you don't agree with. That's not how this works.
I’m insulted. I should have been on that prohibited list, too!

But given the slight and oversight, I’ll say this:

Lynching is wrong because (among other things) murder is wrong.

That said, if I lived in a town where a lynching had occurred, I wouldn’t discuss it much since I wasn’t there at the time, I had no control over it then or now and nothing I say will change the past one little bit.

By just talking about some evil ugly past event, how am I “confronting the past” anyway?

It is an event that occurred in history. How many white guys were lynched on the spot for stealing horses or cattle? Aside from being worth a footnote, there is no connection with anyone alive today.
LOL.....I had a ancestor hanged by the Yankees about a week after Appomattox.....The Yankees claimed he was a bushwhacker. He claimed he was just heading home.....Who the hell knows given it took place near 158 years ago.

In the same light I could really give two shits what happened to some black guys 111 years ago. It's just a interesting historical aside that is currently being seen through the distorted lens of woke-ness and race-baiting, nothing more.

This is just another chapter in the never-ending book of Black American victim hood. Why don't Japanese Americans raise a big stink about how they were systematically IMPRISONED in internment camps for YEARS? And their crime was being Japanese. Black people do not have a monopoly on historical injustice. How about the Irish? Italians? Jews? Chinese? You keep digging this stuff up to keep yourself angry.

This is just another chapter in the never-ending book of Black American victim hood. Why don't Japanese Americans raise a big stink about how they were systematically IMPRISONED in internment camps for YEARS? And their crime was being Japanese. Black people do not have a monopoly on historical injustice. How about the Irish? Italians? Jews? Chinese? You keep digging this stuff up to keep yourself angry.
What about them? Tell us the American history of those people you listed.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

There are Japanese groups still voicing their anger at being put in camps.

And the Japanese internment camps only existed for 4 years. And Japanese who were citizens of the US, especially second generation immigrants, were not forbidden from shopping in white stores or forced to attend segregated schools. The oppression of blacks lasted for hundreds of years. Generations of blacks knew nothing else. Hell, public schools in Alabama were desegregated when I was in the 2nd grade.

And I am not sure any other ethnic group was routinely lynched just because they were a given ethnic group.

There was a lynching in 1981 by the kkk. They were angry about the outcome of a court case, so they went looking for a black man to take it out on. They found Michael Donald and lynched him. He was 19 years old. He was murdered for being black. I was 21 in 1981.

In 1993 three men kidnapped Christopher Wilson and set him on fire. He was 28.

In June of 1998, three white supremacists kidnapped 49 year old James Byrd Jr. They dragged him behind a pickup truck for 3 miles. He was alive for much of it. Until he hit a culvert which severed his arm and his head. Byrd had 3 children. I am sure they would say we should just move on, huh?

And much of this was not ancient history. The Birmingham church bombing happened in 1963. 4 little girls were murdered. Why was the church bombed? Because it was where people met to plan voter registration for blacks. What a horrendous crime, huh? Registering people to vote? Those girls might still be alive today, except for the despicable actions of a few ignorant pieces of white trash.
In 1992 Reginald Denny was dragged from his truck and beaten almost to death with a brick to his head.

2015 Quentin Tellis stabbed Ming Chen Hsiao more than 30 times.

2020 a black neighbor shot six year old Cannon Hinnant in the head.

We can't really recount black killers, we would be here for years. Yesterday a black woman shot a mother of three for the crime of putting groceries in her car.

The seminal reason for black violence upon innocent people is that they are continually taught that they are owed. They are owed so much that a group of black kids can beat up a bunch of smaller white kids to their knees and force them into some kind of bizarre loyalty oath to black lives matter.

How did this strange perversion of jurisprudence come to be? Simple, when a black person commits a crime, the individual is punished. If that person dies, we do not round up his next of kin or next door neighbor 20 years removed and arrest them. But..... if the white people from 1963 aren't available, any old white person will do. If not a white person, find an elderly Asian. Close enough.

This doesn't end. Ever. This is called generational warfare. It's racial Hatfield and McCoy's. Perhaps Islam will help blacks feel justified. Give them a white Ashura. Every year whites have to engage in massive bloodletting in atonement. Every year. Forever. Will that help? Nah.

I am done. Not one drop of sympathy. Not an ounce of compassion.

There are Japanese groups still voicing their anger at being put in camps.

And the Japanese internment camps only existed for 4 years. And Japanese who were citizens of the US, especially second generation immigrants, were not forbidden from shopping in white stores or forced to attend segregated schools. The oppression of blacks lasted for hundreds of years. Generations of blacks knew nothing else. Hell, public schools in Alabama were desegregated when I was in the 2nd grade.

And I am not sure any other ethnic group was routinely lynched just because they were a given ethnic group.
As I've posted numerous times, there is no question American Blacks were targeted by systemic racism. BUT THAT IS PART OF HISTORY ALONG WITH THE TARGETING OF OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS. There is no positive purpose served by digging up stuff that happened to ANY ETHNIC GROUP that happened 50 or 100 years or 400 years ago. If I'm wrong then tell me what positive purpose that serves.

In 1992 Reginald Denny was dragged from his truck and beaten almost to death with a brick to his head.

2015 Quentin Tellis stabbed Ming Chen Hsiao more than 30 times.

2020 a black neighbor shot six year old Cannon Hinnant in the head.

We can't really recount black killers, we would be here for years. Yesterday a black woman shot a mother of three for the crime of putting groceries in her car.

The seminal reason for black violence upon innocent people is that they are continually taught that they are owed. They are owed so much that a group of black kids can beat up a bunch of smaller white kids to their knees and force them into some kind of bizarre loyalty oath to black lives matter.

How did this strange perversion of jurisprudence come to be? Simple, when a black person commits a crime, the individual is punished. If that person dies, we do not round up his next of kin or next door neighbor 20 years removed and arrest them. But..... if the white people from 1963 aren't available, any old white person will do. If not a white person, find an elderly Asian. Close enough.

This doesn't end. Ever. This is called generational warfare. It's racial Hatfield and McCoy's. Perhaps Islam will help blacks feel justified. Give them a white Ashura. Every year whites have to engage in massive bloodletting in atonement. Every year. Forever. Will that help? Nah.

I am done. Not one drop of sympathy. Not an ounce of compassion.

The ones I mentioned in were lynched because they were black.

Apparently. I still consider having not seen her a good thing.
This sure appears to be a completely content-free Ad Hom to me.

As to the subject matter, yes, this is a terrible thing. Perhaps you can grow to be the sort of person who calls out injustice for being injustice instead of playing the racial game you always play, instead.

The ones I mentioned in were lynched because they were black.
And Reginald Denny was beaten because he was white. Darrell Brooks ran his car into a bunch of dancing grannies because they were white. Vanroy Smith rammed his car into bicyclist, Michael Mammone then jumped out of his car stabbing the victim to death and yelling about white supremacy. Over and over, every day. Blacks exercise this perceived right to kill, rob, rape, every crime there is. And, this is a right that you gave them when you complain about a lack of generational collective guilt and how blacks are just owed because they exist. Nope.

You all would be hilarious if you were not so patently obvious and pathetic.

There are at least three separate threads that have been started because after crapping all over my original thread yesterday and getting it "trash canned", apparently many on the prohibited list are now whining to anyone who will listen about this new replacement thread and me.

See the difference between you, them and me is that instead of getting angry about biased moderators refusing to enforce the rules of Zone 1, I just recreated what they destroyed but put it in a safer place where the trolls don't have access, which is why they're complaining, whining and crying. They did this to themselves because my original thread CLEARLY asked that anyone who did not have anything to contribute please refrain from posting. Of course they took that as an indicator to do just the opposite and contributed nothing to the discussion except for off topic, trolling comments. So much so the moderators didn't even bother trying to enforce the rules and just deleted/removed the entire thread.

I'd say the only people who are angry are the ones who felt compelled to create their own threads to complain about this one (since they can't do it here :)

Oh, and the ones who send their friends who are not on the prohibited list here to do their bidding and serve as their proxy.

Like I said, hilarious but still VERY pathetic.

1676871885290.png

LOL.....I had a ancestor hanged by the Yankees about a week after Appomattox.....The Yankees claimed he was a bushwhacker. He claimed he was just heading home.....Who the hell knows given it took place near 158 years ago.

In the same light I could really give two shits what happened to some black guys 111 years ago. It's just a interesting historical aside that is currently being seen through the distorted lens of woke-ness and race-baiting, nothing more.
Reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back