Debate Now A lynching scarred this Georgia county. Is it willing to confront its dark past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1992 Reginald Denny was dragged from his truck and beaten almost to death with a brick to his head.

2015 Quentin Tellis stabbed Ming Chen Hsiao more than 30 times.

2020 a black neighbor shot six year old Cannon Hinnant in the head.

We can't really recount black killers, we would be here for years. Yesterday a black woman shot a mother of three for the crime of putting groceries in her car.

The seminal reason for black violence upon innocent people is that they are continually taught that they are owed. They are owed so much that a group of black kids can beat up a bunch of smaller white kids to their knees and force them into some kind of bizarre loyalty oath to black lives matter.

How did this strange perversion of jurisprudence come to be? Simple, when a black person commits a crime, the individual is punished. If that person dies, we do not round up his next of kin or next door neighbor 20 years removed and arrest them. But..... if the white people from 1963 aren't available, any old white person will do. If not a white person, find an elderly Asian. Close enough.

This doesn't end. Ever. This is called generational warfare. It's racial Hatfield and McCoy's. Perhaps Islam will help blacks feel justified. Give them a white Ashura. Every year whites have to engage in massive bloodletting in atonement. Every year. Forever. Will that help? Nah.

I am done. Not one drop of sympathy. Not an ounce of compassion.
Reported

There are Japanese groups still voicing their anger at being put in camps.

And the Japanese internment camps only existed for 4 years. And Japanese who were citizens of the US, especially second generation immigrants, were not forbidden from shopping in white stores or forced to attend segregated schools. The oppression of blacks lasted for hundreds of years. Generations of blacks knew nothing else. Hell, public schools in Alabama were desegregated when I was in the 2nd grade.

And I am not sure any other ethnic group was routinely lynched just because they were a given ethnic group.
Why are we responsible for what we did not do?

I had a woman in my art group whose family was in an internment camp. No one was trying to kill them in the camps.

However, you really have to hand it to the Japanese. They didn't complain. They didn't demand. They became productive citizens in this country and built 21st century cities on the sites of the bombed out hulks in their country. We, on the other hand, took our 20th Century cities and turned them into burned out hulks of no mans land.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to put this behind us all since none of us were involved in these lynchings. We were well on the way to racial healing until Obamao showed up.

Sometimes you just have to MOVE ON. Continuing to talk about it ad nauseum does nothing beneficiaL.
No. Do you put behind the Revolutionary War? And how do you figure we were on the way to racial healing until Obama? This is part of our history and it shows the long term damage that was caused.

I had a woman in my art group whose family was in an internment camp. No one was trying to kill them in the camps.

However, you really have to hand it to the Japanese. They didn't complain. They didn't demand. They became productive citizens in this country and built 21st century cities on the sites of the bombed out hulks in their country. We, on the other hand, took our 20th Century cities and turned them into burned out hulks of no mans land.
The Japanese got reparations and the nation of Japan got economic assistance from our government. I don't know what it is with whites like you, but you don't get to bully people and expect them to take it. Whites don't take it, look at 9-11. The Japanese bombed America, whites didn't take that either. In fact whites have started wars claiming they are trying to stop something they don't want to take from other people. Whites make demands, so why should others just take it and be quiet?

In 1992 Reginald Denny was dragged from his truck and beaten almost to death with a brick to his head.

2015 Quentin Tellis stabbed Ming Chen Hsiao more than 30 times.

2020 a black neighbor shot six year old Cannon Hinnant in the head.

We can't really recount black killers, we would be here for years. Yesterday a black woman shot a mother of three for the crime of putting groceries in her car.

The seminal reason for black violence upon innocent people is that they are continually taught that they are owed. They are owed so much that a group of black kids can beat up a bunch of smaller white kids to their knees and force them into some kind of bizarre loyalty oath to black lives matter.

How did this strange perversion of jurisprudence come to be? Simple, when a black person commits a crime, the individual is punished. If that person dies, we do not round up his next of kin or next door neighbor 20 years removed and arrest them. But..... if the white people from 1963 aren't available, any old white person will do. If not a white person, find an elderly Asian. Close enough.

This doesn't end. Ever. This is called generational warfare. It's racial Hatfield and McCoy's. Perhaps Islam will help blacks feel justified. Give them a white Ashura. Every year whites have to engage in massive bloodletting in atonement. Every year. Forever. Will that help? Nah.

I am done. Not one drop of sympathy. Not an ounce of compassion.
You are a prime example of the still existing white racism in this country. You have the same attitude as whites did 100 years ago. And really, when you talk about murders, whites have ca lead in this country that nobody else can catch.

leftist no doubt did the shooting.....white richboy perp, black officer. Riots? heart to heart maybe?
Seems the left is doing the killing...then, now.
Your point being it's been partisan all along, not ethnic or racial? The right should riot? Gather and hold public pity parties? Because "no doubt" and "Seems" to you? I believe the OP mentioned "Pathetic" and here you are.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
As I was reading this story, several things crossed my mind. While I don't live in Cummings, Georgia, the refrain from this narrative is universal as it applies to the lives of Black Americans.

A woman is assaulted (a white woman) and then later dies of her injuries and the only three Black people in that area of Forsyth County at that time were accused of the crime. Based on a confession that is alleged to have been coerced, the 24 year old was arrested and jailed. Soon thereafter an angry white mob dragged him from his jail cell where he was riddled with bullets and beaten with a crowbar. I'm not sure how he was still alive after all of that but he was then "hitched onto the back of a wagon with a noose around his neck and eventually hanged in the Cumming town square" where people took turns throwing stones at him and shooting more bullets into his dead body while the mob cheered. The other two Black residents who were teenagers were later lynched after one-day expediated trials that precipitated the onslaught of racial violence and terror aimed at the county's Black residents, including the Ku Klux Klan Night Riders visiting terror upon them until they had driver every single Black person not just from Cummings, but all of Forsyth County. Forsyth remained all white for the next 75 years.

Emmitt Til, a 14 year old, who was kidnapped, and murdered by lynching for allegedly whistling at a white woman was one of the historical events that came to mind while I read this. The article also brought to mind the Tulsa race riot in the which the most affluent Black community in the country was torched, and bombed out of existence. On that case like this one, none of the Black business owners or residents were compensated for thier losses, with the insurance companies denying each and every single claims. The mob also robbed the Black banks and whoever the guarantors were at that time, refused to honor any of these claims as well.

While of all this is beyond horrendous, the insult to the injury however is that out of a mob of 3,000 people in Tulsa, and however many were participants in the Forsyth lynchings, not a single white person was ever arrested, let alone charged or made accountable for the crimes they committed and the harm they had inflicted. In the case of Emmitt Til he was murdered because a white woman sent someone after him, they admitted they did it, that she initiated it yet none of them have been held accountable.

If a person or entity has done something that has caused harm, no healing can occur if the entity or person keeps insisting that nothing occurred. That's where confronting the past comes in.

Is this possible? To confront the past so that we all can move on to a better future?

Prohibited:
Lisa558
jwoodie
Concerned American
Indeependent
Lastamender
mudwhistle
ozro
Leo123

Well this is all an atrocity. Which goes without saying.

Think of it like a wound. Most people would like it to heal--I think? But there are a few people, for their own reasons and on all sides, who don't want it to heal, and will keep picking at any scab that forms. They will say they have good reason for doing so, but they don't. IMO their reasons are nefarious.

We have to ignore them. Otherwise we will lose our country--if we haven't already.

For those who want healing--what does that look like?

Big question

As I was reading this story, several things crossed my mind. While I don't live in Cummings, Georgia, the refrain from this narrative is universal as it applies to the lives of Black Americans.

A woman is assaulted (a white woman) and then later dies of her injuries and the only three Black people in that area of Forsyth County at that time were accused of the crime. Based on a confession that is alleged to have been coerced, the 24 year old was arrested and jailed. Soon thereafter an angry white mob dragged him from his jail cell where he was riddled with bullets and beaten with a crowbar. I'm not sure how he was still alive after all of that but he was then "hitched onto the back of a wagon with a noose around his neck and eventually hanged in the Cumming town square" where people took turns throwing stones at him and shooting more bullets into his dead body while the mob cheered. The other two Black residents who were teenagers were later lynched after one-day expediated trials that precipitated the onslaught of racial violence and terror aimed at the county's Black residents, including the Ku Klux Klan Night Riders visiting terror upon them until they had driver every single Black person not just from Cummings, but all of Forsyth County. Forsyth remained all white for the next 75 years.

Emmitt Til, a 14 year old, who was kidnapped, and murdered by lynching for allegedly whistling at a white woman was one of the historical events that came to mind while I read this. The article also brought to mind the Tulsa race riot in the which the most affluent Black community in the country was torched, and bombed out of existence. On that case like this one, none of the Black business owners or residents were compensated for thier losses, with the insurance companies denying each and every single claims. The mob also robbed the Black banks and whoever the guarantors were at that time, refused to honor any of these claims as well.

While of all this is beyond horrendous, the insult to the injury however is that out of a mob of 3,000 people in Tulsa, and however many were participants in the Forsyth lynchings, not a single white person was ever arrested, let alone charged or made accountable for the crimes they committed and the harm they had inflicted. In the case of Emmitt Til he was murdered because a white woman sent someone after him, they admitted they did it, that she initiated it yet none of them have been held accountable.

If a person or entity has done something that has caused harm, no healing can occur if the entity or person keeps insisting that nothing occurred. That's where confronting the past comes in.

Is this possible? To confront the past so that we all can move on to a better future?

Prohibited:
Lisa558
jwoodie
Concerned American
Indeependent
Lastamender
mudwhistle
ozro
Leo123

Gotta go back how many years to make posts like this? You are of course aware that 2 times as many whites are killed by blacks every year then the reverse right?

Forsyth County
on the border between everything we hope will change about the way the country remembers the past and then another group of people who don't want to talk about any of that.

27ywg4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back