Zone1 why oh why did the Europeans have to start so many colonies?

That's been a wish in my life as well but as I am nearing the end of it I'll have to leave it to you to see it happen. I'm sure I'll be gone by then.
can't even guarantee i'll be able to see it happen either i'm afraid. i'm 46..
but maybe one day a younger person finds this content, and expands on it.
I'm 77 myself. Let's bury this dialogue in a time capsule To be opened in the year 3025. When it's dug up they'll be saying, "Wow! Those guys back in 2024 were real visionaries!"

you need to prove that with some links..
links? There are literally thousands of history books that tell the story. Try taking some classes; even Cliff Notes will help you.

Can you name any that were worse off?

Last edited:
we should have stayed at home and established the EU peacefully around 1200AD!
that's right! TWELVE-HUNDRED-A.D.!

I think an English King named Henry gave it a shot; he owned most of the best parts of France and England around then. Nobody else wanted to cooperate.

The 'indigenous' populations of the world didn't produce any rubbish until Western colonials brought it with them.

lol now that's crazy talk. Few colonials ever had any problems finding lots of local allies against the shithole regimes in power when they came along. Corez for instance found hundreds of thousands of them to go against the cannibal Aztec regime. Same in most African colonies, same in Asia.

lol now that's crazy talk. Few colonials ever had any problems finding lots of local allies against the shithole regimes in power when they came along. Corez for instance found hundreds of thousands of them to go against the cannibal Aztec regime. Same in most African colonies, same in Asia.
You can't even stick to your own theme: Rubbish. And I haven't yet introduced the subject of illnesses.

ll
i'm wondering at the moment; why did the Europeans have to start so many colonies around the world after 1200AD?
it seems our current international conflicts all stem from these efforts, which might be reversable in the not too distant future, if people were just willing to do so.
Colonization is natural.

All [ep[;es do it to one extent or another The europeans were just more efficient at it,

Some modern conflicts might trace back to it but not many

i'm wondering at the moment; why did the Europeans have to start so many colonies around the world after 1200AD?
it seems our current international conflicts all stem from these efforts, which might be reversable in the not too distant future, if people were just willing to do so.
And the world has benefited from the Europeans:

1) Automobiles
2) Electricity
3) Computers
4) The Cotton Gin
5) Plumbing
6) Light Bulbs
7) Airplanes
8) Mega Farms and Agriculture, in general
9) Architecture
10) Moving Pictures
11) Radio/Stereo

Shall I continue?

And the world has benefited from the Europeans:

1) Automobiles
2) Electricity
3) Computers
4) The Cotton Gin
5) Plumbing
6) Light Bulbs
7) Airplanes
8) Mega Farms and Agriculture, in general
9) Architecture
10) Moving Pictures
11) Radio/Stereo

Shall I continue?
we could have developed all of that without all of these 'colonization' efforts.

can we now please look towards the future?
This is the future.
The only question is when.

1707927975035.jpeg

Forum List

Back