Zone1 the 2 fallacies in saying : All Scripture is inspired by God not sinful men

I'm still waiting for a good explanation beyond 'God does what God wants'.
Isn't it better to know who God is? Try looking through the lens of who God is, and we are told God is love. Look at God through that lens.

Isn't it better to know who God is? Try looking through the lens of who God is, and we are told God is love. Look at God through that lens.
We are told God is many different things:

I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;​
Wrath is another common attribute.

We're both, aren't we? While we are individuals, we are also community/nation. Which would you say has more impact in shaping the other? And which should have more impact over the other?
Sorry, I can't get behind killing a baby because of what his parents have done. I see no possible justification if life has any value.

So many to choose from but here's a biggie:
The God of the OT was a god of the Israelites and he rewarded or punished them as a group. The God of the NT was a god of the individual, you were judged by your actions, not the actions of others.
Very few to choose from.
And NT copies Ezekiel

"The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them."

I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Go back to the analogy of light demolishing darkness. Think in terms of light being jealous of darkness and visits iniquity on all darkness that encroaches on light. Love reacts the same way. When hate encroaches on love, love visits iniquity on that hate. Should light bow to darkness? Should love bow to hate?

Very few to choose from.
And NT copies Ezekiel

"The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them."

There are 5 contradictions on whether the children shall pay for the sins of the fathers starting with Adam and Eve.. and Cain.

Exodus 20:5, for example, claims from the mouth of Yahweh himself that he is a jealous god, “reckoning fathers’ sins upon sons, on the third and on the fourth generation.”

Are the sins of the parents reckoned on their children to the third and fourth generation OR are sins reckoned to each offender only? (Ex 20:5, 34:7; Deut 5:9 vs Deut 24:16; Jr 31:29-30; Ez 18:2-4)

Same old Fear and Control scam .

Deuteronomy 23:

3An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever: 4Because they met you not with bread and with water in the way, when ye came forth out of Egypt; and because they hired against thee Balaam the son of Beor of Pethor of Mesopotamia, to curse thee. 5Nevertheless the LORD thy God would not hearken unto Balaam; but the LORD thy God turned the curse into a blessing unto thee, because the LORD thy God loved thee. 6Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever.

Very few to choose from.
And NT copies Ezekiel

I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Go back to the analogy of light demolishing darkness. Think in terms of light being jealous of darkness and visits iniquity on all darkness that encroaches on light. Love reacts the same way. When hate encroaches on love, love visits iniquity on that hate. Should light bow to darkness? Should love bow to hate?
I love the Church of Meriweather. Unfortunately there are many others that are very different.

There are 5 contradictions on whether the children shall pay for the sins of the fathers starting with Adam and Eve.. and Cain.
This is the complete inversion of the idea of sin. You are a Calvinist no doubt.

Okay , here is a Catholic convert talking about that view you have of Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel

NO exagerration you have the complete opposite view,the one of Calvin

"“Our doctrine of original sin is not the same as the Protestant. We with the Fathers think of it as something negative, Protestants as something positive.” They hold that “it is a disease, a radical change of nature, an active poison internally corrupting the soul, infecting its primary elements, and disorganizing it..“...We hold nothing of the kind. “...for by original sin we mean something negative, the deprivation of that supernatural unmerited grace which Adam and Eve had on their first formation.”.” [ THis is the Catholic view as explained by J H Newman]

THIS POST IS THE MOST WRONG VIEW OF CATHOLICISM I HAVE SEEN

This is the complete inversion of the idea of sin. You are a Calvinist no doubt.

Okay , here is a Catholic convert talking about that view you have of Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel

NO exagerration you have the complete opposite view,the one of Calvin

"“Our doctrine of original sin is not the same as the Protestant. We with the Fathers think of it as something negative, Protestants as something positive.” They hold that “it is a disease, a radical change of nature, an active poison internally corrupting the soul, infecting its primary elements, and disorganizing it..“...We hold nothing of the kind. “...for by original sin we mean something negative, the deprivation of that supernatural unmerited grace which Adam and Eve had on their first formation.”.” [ THis is the Catholic view as explained by J H Newman]

THIS POST IS THE MOST WRONG VIEW OF CATHOLICISM I HAVE SEEN

Not sure I understand what you're saying.

lets hope she knew the above without needing a book, yet the desert claims otherwise for those that misconstrue the events that occurred in the garden of eden. the fallacy of original sin.

rather what jesus taught ... their determination to live freely through self determination.

Forum List

Back