Zone1 the 2 fallacies in saying : All Scripture is inspired by God not sinful men

We're both, aren't we? While we are individuals, we are also community/nation. Which would you say has more impact in shaping the other? And which should have more impact over the other?
Quite the Apologist, aren't you. God never dealt with us as both. First we were rewarded and punished as a nation, now we are rewarded and punished as a individuals. What changed?

Quite the Apologist, aren't you. God never dealt with us as both. First we were rewarded and punished as a nation, now we are rewarded and punished as a individuals. What changed?
Not a damn thing changed. Again... it's your interpretation that is in error. That and your poor opinion of the creator of existence.

Gnostic Christians had the same problem. They couldn't reconcile the God of the NT with the God of the OT the same as you.
I read them for the author's intent.

there can not be a similarity and nothing to do with an authors intent. abraham's hereditary idolatry, the false moses commandments were the focal point of the 1st century repudiation of judaism whether found in the christian bible or not.

both religions fail the paradisian intent for the original heavenly religion of antiquity taught by jesus to be reinstated as the true path to the everlasting.

Not a damn thing changed. Again... it's your interpretation that is in error. That and your poor opinion of the creator of existence.
Many early Christians had the same interpretation. It is almost like God has changed and evolved over the centauries. He seems to have lost his taste for burnt offerings.

You have never clarified why you equate the 'creator of existence' with the God of the Bible.

there can not be a similarity and nothing to do with an authors intent. abraham's hereditary idolatry, the false moses commandments were the focal point of the 1st century repudiation of judaism whether found in the christian bible or not.

both religions fail the paradisian intent for the original heavenly religion of antiquity taught by jesus to be reinstated as the true path to the everlasting.
Only if you read it like a twelve year old would.

I read them in the context of their time and place.
No, you don't. I think you should be honest about why you are here arguing about something you don't believe and see no value in. Because then you might begin to understand why you read these accounts the way you do.

Many early Christians had the same interpretation. It is almost like God has changed and evolved over the centauries. He seems to have lost his taste for burnt offerings.

You have never clarified why you equate the 'creator of existence' with the God of the Bible.
Personal preference.

Ever wonder why you obsess over the God of Abraham and the bible?

No, you don't. I think you should be honest about why you are here arguing about something you don't believe and see no value in. Because then you might begin to understand why you read these accounts the way you do.
The Bible is a valuable window into the past and the present. It is only the theology I don't buy into. I endeavor to point out to the uneducated readers of the Bible some of the history and context of the book.

The Bible is a valuable window into the past and the present. It is only the theology I don't buy into. I endeavor to point out to the uneducated readers of the Bible some of the history and context of the book.
Please educate me on your wise insights into some of the history and context of the book. And then I'll show you mine and we can compare the two. Fire away.

If you don't know it is OK to say so.

I find the topic fascinating and, living in the US, it is constantly in my face.
It's in your face because you are trolling religious websites. I live on the same planet as you and I don't see anyone throwing it in my face.

Don't know what?

First of all, you must be saying that God can't use men to accomplish what He wants them to accomplish. Puny man bests the Omnipotent
Secondly, you act as if Sola Scriptura and Private Interpretation are the key, But however you take it, we (me and you)only accept this as Scripture BECAUSE the faith of the Church community said it was

You are that silly immature type that St Augustine often refers to

If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself.”
Thank goodness western Christians do ignore much of the Bible. Else our jails would be full of violent Christians.

Only if you read it like a twelve year old would.

that's your issue, why you are a caustic christian and not who believes in jesus, the 1st century repudiation of judaism as they taught.

judaisms false heavenly personifications used to perpetuate their false religion.

The following individuals were not punished as a nation. And these are just a few I remember off the top of my head.
  • Adam and Eve
  • Cain
  • Lot's wife
  • Korah, Dathan, and Abiram
  • Moses
  • King David
I expect what changed was literature. While there are a number of Old Testament stories that focus on individual, plenty were focused on the nation as for a time Israel was a prominent force in that locale's history. The New Testament focuses more on individuals. It should be noted that in both, God is prominent.

Please educate me on your wise insights into some of the history and context of the book. And then I'll show you mine and we can compare the two. Fire away.
Hebrews were originally polytheists then became henotheists before finally becoming monotheists at about the time of the Babylonian exile. Your turn.

I expect what changed was literature. While there are a number of Old Testament stories that focus on individual, plenty were focused on the nation as for a time Israel was a prominent force in that locale's history. The New Testament focuses more on individuals. It should be noted that in both, God is prominent.

in some ways, the 4th century christian bible has done more for judaism than for christianity ... oddly and inexorably linked.

Forum List

Back