College sports have been destroyed

I have no problem with players sitting out. They have spent their entire lives preparing to play at the highest level. Getting injured in a meaningless game makes no sense.

Uh.....at one time it was Acedemics. Go to classes and graduate. Not the NFL minor leagues.

It has officially become "no classes required". Wink-wink, Most since about 1980 never went to class anyway (at least to any meaningful classes). That "feature" has always been "over-looked", especially at the Big schools.

Now? Transfer around to get paid to the highest bidder.

Uh.....at one time it was Acedemics. Go to classes and graduate. Not the NFL minor leagues.

It has officially become "no classes required". Wink-wink, Most since about 1980 never went to class anyway (at least to any meaningful classes). That "feature" has always been "over-looked", especially at the Big schools.

Now? Transfer around to get paid to the highest bidder.

In fact, this is not true.
A few points.
As kids go to school to pursue careers in all sorts of things, why not sport? I have always thought it should be a major like any other discipline.
Now, as to kids not going to class, this is more rubbish.
Since the 80s more emphasis than ever has been placed on this.
You can get thrown off the team and lose your scholarship if you don't get good grades.

In fact, this is not true.
A few points.
As kids go to school to pursue careers in all sorts of things, why not sport? I have always thought it should be a major like any other discipline.
Now, as to kids not going to class, this is more rubbish.
Since the 80s more emphasis than ever has been placed on this.
You can get thrown off the team and lose your scholarship if you don't get good grades.

Pure un-adulterated BS. You must have missed all the 4 yr starters (Heisman trophy winners) that cannot speak the English language or apparently read or write?

You missed all of the UNC, ALA investigations uncovering people taking tests for the athletes, creating silly do nothing classes, fake attendance paperwork etc. The list is/was endless. Now? They no longer have to pretend or even fake the paperwork. They can just sign up one year....do nothing and transfer....repeat and repeat until they can get into the NFL. Its' even easier now when you don't even look for violations.

What would all these Black kids do without Football-Basketball? Only so many 7-11 to rob etc. No one in DEM power would ever do anything to put even more of them at risk.

From 1993 to 2011 the University of North Carolina helped students get good grades with little work. Hundreds of classes required little work or had no faculty involvement and many of the students involved were student-athletes. Surprisingly, the NCAA concluded that UNC's wrongdoing was not conclusive, and the university evaded punishment.

In 1999 the University of Alabama paid high school student Albert Means an estimated $200,000 to come play football for the them. In 2002 the NCAA punished the university by reducing scholarships, issuing a two-year bowl ban, and placing the school on probation for five years.

In the early 1970s, the NCAA found the Southwestern Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns guilty of violating several rules, including falsifying players' GPAs. As a result the NCAA issued the harshest penalty to date, banning the school from competition for two seasons.

Last edited:
Pure un-adulterated BS. You must have missed all the 4 yr starters (Heisman trophy winners) that cannot speak the English language or apparently read or write?

You missed all of the UNC, ALA investigations uncovering people taking tests for the athletes, creating silly do nothing classes, fake attendance paperwork etc. The list is/was endless. Now? They no longer have to pretend or even fake the paperwork. They can just sign up one year....do nothing and transfer....repeat and repeat until they can get into the NFL. Its' even easier now when you don't even look for violations.

What would all these Black kids do without Football-Basketball? Only so many 7-11 to rob etc. No one in DEM power would ever do anything to put even more of them at risk.

From 1993 to 2011 the University of North Carolina helped students get good grades with little work. Hundreds of classes required little work or had no faculty involvement and many of the students involved were student-athletes. Surprisingly, the NCAA concluded that UNC's wrongdoing was not conclusive, and the university evaded punishment.

In 1999 the University of Alabama paid high school student Albert Means an estimated $200,000 to come play football for the them. In 2002 the NCAA punished the university by reducing scholarships, issuing a two-year bowl ban, and placing the school on probation for five years.

In the early 1970s, the NCAA found the Southwestern Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns guilty of violating several rules, including falsifying players' GPAs. As a result the NCAA issued the harshest penalty to date, banning the school from competition for two seasons.

Just to clarify, a booster paid Albert Mean's high school coach $150,000 to steer him to Alabama. The coach had been shopping Means around.

Sorry, a few exceptions in high profile sports is not the rule. My post stands.
BTW, I had a kid who started in the ACC for 4 years. None of the gibberish you posted applied.

Do you also belive all athletic entries to prestigious schools are bought by parents because a few dishonest people got caught?

BTW, what is with the racism? What would these black kids do?

And the the NCAA concluded that UNC's wrongdoing was not conclusive because it was largely bunk.
Trust me, I know.

I disagree that sitting out shows the system is broken.

I think allowing athlete to make their own choice is the right thing to do.

Then it is not a team sport, is it?
It is supposed to be a learning institution, what is learned?
I don't blame the kid sitting, I blame the system that allows it.

Sorry, a few exceptions in high profile sports is not the rule. My post stands.
BTW, I had a kid who started in the ACC for 4 years. None of the gibberish you posted applied.

Do you also belive all athletic entries to prestigious schools are bought by parents because a few dishonest people got caught?

BTW, what is with the racism? What would these black kids do?

And the the NCAA concluded that UNC's wrongdoing was not conclusive because it was largely bunk.
Trust me, I know.
Those charges against North Carolina came from one of their former star players who was directly involved with those phony classes. Those charges certainly were not “bunk”. The NCAA claimed they couldn’t police academics. Utter bullshit when some of their other punishments for other schools are examined. These kids should be getting their education as a paltry number of them will actually make it to the professional level.

Transfer portal sit outs, going to the NFL sit outs, big cash payments pushing all the best talent to a few universities, players leaving school early, the power 5 becoming the power 2...

The revenue used to go to education. Now it goes to line the pockets of the coaching staff.

Then it is not a team sport, is it?
It is supposed to be a learning institution, what is learned?
I don't blame the kid sitting, I blame the system that allows it.

Coaches are making millions of dollars. The universities are making millions. It wasn't so long ago the players were virtually property.

The players are the commodity they want to sell. The players should have a say in it. They spent many years building the skills and the abilities.

Coaches are making millions of dollars. The universities are making millions. It wasn't so long ago the players were virtually property.

The players are the commodity they want to sell. The players should have a say in it. They spent many years building the skills and the abilities.

What crap. It is a contract. You are working your way through school.
That is what an athlete scholarship really is.
If you sit out a game, you should be required to repay the school the tuition, plus penalty.
Same if you transfer.

What crap. It is a contract. You are working your way through school.
That is what an athlete scholarship really is.
If you sit out a game, you should be required to repay the school the tuition, plus penalty.
Same if you transfer.

So the coaches get millions and control the athlete's lives? And the athletes get an education.

So the coaches get millions and control the athlete's lives? And the athletes get an education.

Exactly. Do you make more than your boss?
plus, you seem to think all coaches make these ridiculous salaries.
Most college coachs get crap and do not coach football.
What kid is forced to attend college on a scholarship, btw?

The only reason any of these bowl games happen is money. Yet somehow, despite what we're constantly told, all of this revenue being generated by the bowl games never seems to lower tuition for students who don't happen to be athletes.

So yep; the system is broken; FUBAR more like it. All of this jive about the transfer portal, selective participation, and coaching free agency are just very minor symptoms of a much larger disease; the loss of hair vs. stage 4 cancer devouring your organs.

The only reason any of these bowl games happen is money. Yet somehow, despite what we're constantly told, all of this revenue being generated by the bowl games never seems to lower tuition for students who don't happen to be athletes.

So yep; the system is broken; FUBAR more like it. All of this jive about the transfer portal, selective participation, and coaching free agency are just very minor symptoms of a much larger disease; the loss of hair vs. stage 4 cancer devouring your organs.

What is the point if this tiraid? That you were not good enough to play sport in college?

So I watch my team all year long. Comes bowl time and and more than a half dozen players are sitting out. The best players of course.

Fans need to boycott college football till this shit is cleaned up.

So I watch my team all year long. Comes bowl time and and more than a half dozen players are sitting out. The best players of course.

So when one of these kids plays in a meaningless bowl game, and get hurt, will you help him regain a viable career?

So you want those players to risk their livelihood so you can watch a meaningless game? Do you have a trust fund set up for any player who gets injured doing that?

They pay for all the non income generating sports universities have to have. Like 90% of men’s sports and 100% of women’s.

Forum List

Back