College sports have been destroyed

noonereal

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2009
Transfer portal sit outs, going to the NFL sit outs, big cash payments pushing all the best talent to a few universities, players leaving school early, the power 5 becoming the power 2...

It goes on and on.

The college game has been destroyed. Both football and basketball.

I won't even watch the bowl games this year as a result. None of the better players will even compete.

Ya, not thrilled by the goings on but change is the one constant in the Universe. We have survived many since the beginning of time. I am sure we will survive this also.

Transfer portal sit outs, going to the NFL sit outs, big cash payments pushing all the best talent to a few universities, players leaving school early, the power 5 becoming the power 2...

It goes on and on.

I won't even watch the bowl games this year as a result. None of the better players will even compete.
And if the coach is leaving to go to another school the next year, they skip the bowl.

Reminds me of coach Hernandez of WVU who was going to Michigan the next year. He was too preoccupied with going to Michigan to be bothered with winning just one more game against Pitt, even though doing so meant he would go undefeated and onto a national championship. So he skipped the game as WVU subsequently lost.

The hilarious part was, he was the absolute worst coach in Michigan history, losing to a low life of Appy state at home.

I think he cleans toilets now for a living.

:auiqs.jpg:

Ya, not thrilled by the goings on but change is the one constant in the Universe. We have survived many since the beginning of time. I am sure we will survive this also.

Its not a matter of surviving, its a matter of enjoying.
BTW many will not survive as a result. Look for women's sports to take a hit for example.

Also, you don't speak to what we are teaching our kids through all this

College football has never been like other sports they have always tried to do it differently. Today they still have a shitty process to determine the national champs.

BTW many will not survive as a result. Look for women's sports to take a hit for example.

Deon Sanders coaching is a good example of the attitude today.

He gets in there and trashes his own players, saying he is 6 or 7 players away from having a decent team.

Then he insists on playing his son injured, as he tells the media he is injecting him with pain killers cuz God only knows his son is the best player on the team even if injured.

Deon, along with college football, forgot that these are still kids, as your main job is to turn them into men as you do your best with what you have and don't diss them along the way.

The locker room in Colorado has turned into a freak show of celebrities and rappers.

I can proudly say that I never spent a nickel on college sports. Why support something that helps fund the indoctrination of our youth?

It galls me no end that state funds are sent to UVA who's sitting on a 15 Billion endowment. It's well past time to let the state funded schools stand or fall on their own merits.

Adjustments are always over done. What happened to that poor kid from Penn State years ago when he could not afford a suit for the hiesman ceremony and some one bought it for him was wrong. This adjustment is going to far. Hopefully the pendulum swings into better adjustment over time.

It goes on and on.

I dont know. The only reason I watch NCAA is for the school aspect, not the players. Locally here, App State was 9-5 nowhere near the top 20 but had the highest attendance percent in the country 115% of capacity average. People like the amateur aspect of college football. Sure a high powered national championship game is fun but weekly there are 858 college football teams in the US. It’s way more than just the best players.

I have no problem with players sitting out. They have spent their entire lives preparing to play at the highest level. Getting injured in a meaningless game makes no sense.

It goes on and on.

The best players will be on the field New Years Day for the two playoff games, mich-alabama and Tx-Wash

I dont know. The only reason I watch NCAA is for the school aspect, not the players. Locally here, App State was 9-5 nowhere near the top 20 but had the highest attendance percent in the country 115% of capacity average. People like the amateur aspect of college football. Sure a high powered national championship game is fun but weekly there are 858 college football teams in the US. It’s way more than just the best players.

It is true that insignificant schools are less effected than the power schools.
But affected they are.
And yes, I also belive the casual fan has no clue how bad the situation has become.

The best players will be on the field New Years Day for the two playoff games, mich-alabama and Tx-Wash

FSU will not even be playing that day but when they do, they will be without their replacement qb (starter is out injured) as he is in the transfer portal.

I have no problem with players sitting out. They have spent their entire lives preparing to play at the highest level. Getting injured in a meaningless game makes no sense.

Then we agree, the system is broken.

FSU will not even be playing that day but when they do, they will be without their replacement qb (starter is out injured) as he is in the transfer portal.
FSU is not one of the four playoff teams

Forum List

Back