Hail to the cheaters

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Mike Bianchi: After winning tainted national title, Michiganā€™s new fight song: ā€˜Hail to The Cheatersā€™​

Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Tue, January 9, 2024 at 9:28 PM ESTĀ·5 min read

0dec3529f778ac50febf0ccba38845a9

Maddie Meyer/Getty Images North America/TNS

ORLANDO, Fla. ā€” They have spied.
They have lied.
They have denied.

Now, sadly, the Michigan Wolverines have been rewarded with a national championship trophy.
And if itā€™s not hard enough to swallow that a bunch of cheaters won the national title on Monday night when Michigan ran over Washington, 34-13, Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh had the audacity to rub our noses in it with his you-canā€™t-touch-me smugness afterward.
ā€œThe off-the-field issues, weā€™re innocent and we stood strong and tall because we knew we were innocent,ā€ Harbaugh said with a straight face. ā€œOvercome that? It wasnā€™t that hard because we knew we were innocent.ā€
Puh-leeze.
If you believe Harbaugh and his coaching staff are innocent, you probably also believe there are a bunch of crime fighting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles living in the sewers beneath New York City.
If the Wolverines are innocent then why was Harbaugh ā€” the national championship-winning coach ā€” suspended for half of the regular season (six games) for two different breaches of NCAA rules?
Why did Michigan itself levy a three-game suspension of Harbaugh as a good-faith effort to penalize the coach for alleged recruiting violations in 2020 in which the NCAA says Harbaugh lied to its investigators?
Why did Michigan agree to the Big Tenā€™s additional three-game suspension of Harbaugh at the end of the season for the comprehensive sign-stealing scheme orchestrated by Harbaugh staff member Connor Stalions? And why was Stalions fired only after the blatant cheating allegations became public?
And why did Michiganā€™s leaders, whom originally claimed they would fight the Big Tenā€™s suspension of Harbaugh in court, back down at the 11th hour after new information came out? Instead, they agreed to the Harbaugh suspension and swiftly fired Wolverines linebackers coach Chris Partridge instead.
Why?
Why?
Why?
Because Michigan and Harbaugh cheated.
The NCAA knows it.
The Big Ten knows it.
Even Michigan itself knows it.
But, as we all know, winning is the great deodorizer and covers up the stench that emanates from the gutter of college sports. As I wrote several weeks ago:
ā€œWe used to think of the University of Michigan as a bastion of academic excellence, as one of the nationā€™s premier research universities and arguably the most esteemed public university in America. Now when we think of Michigan, we think of just another sewer-dwelling, win-at-all-cost football factory that will do anything and everything in its power to win a national championship. The Wolverines, in their race to get to the top of the college football rankings, actually have sunk to the bottom of the cesspool known as college athletics.ā€
Iā€™ve often said that sports fandom is much like partisan politics. In the political arena, for instance, Democrats and Republicans have been brainwashed by cable news and will rationalize lying, cheating and stealing to back their candidate no matter what.
Likewise, itā€™s the same in sports fandom. Weā€™ll see a perfect illustration of what Iā€™m talking about when the powerhouse Kansas Jayhawks basketball team jets into Orlando on Wednesday to play UCF in the Knightsā€™ Big 12 home opener. Kansas coach Bill Self was implicated in the FBI investigation into Adidas reps bribing top players to sign with Kansas ā€” the sneaker companyā€™s most high-profile program.
Did Kansas react by firing Self? No, they gave him a big raise and a lifetime contract extension instead. Self responded by winning the 2022 national title and might win another one this year.
Good luck to squeaky clean UCF coach Johnny Dawkins as he tries to compete with a shady program such as Kansas in the years to come.
As you might expect, Michigan fans and leaders are responding to their cheating scandal much like Kansas did. They are scoffing at the allegations from the toothless NCAA and strongly backing Harbaugh because, well, heā€™s a Michigan man and heā€™s put the Wolverines back on top of college football.
They have actually convinced themselves that the sign-stealing was done by a renegade member of Harbaughā€™s staff without the head coachā€™s knowledge. As if such an elaborate scheme could take place within any program without the knowledge of the typically obsessive, micromanaging college football head coach.
Then there are those Michigan fans and Harbaugh apologists in the media who explain away the violations by claiming, ā€œItā€™s no big deal. Everybody does it. If you ainā€™t cheating, you ainā€™t trying.ā€

Who says crime does not pay?

Washington got kicked votto....you sound like a crybaby....maybe next year....
I don't mean to pick on just Michigan, but like the article states, to win, you cheat in sports.

It is just a quick look into the dark, dark, dark, soul of mankind as we see in politics every day.

The worst scandal I have ever encountered in sports has to be Penn State, however. Here you had an entire university covering up a story of a pedophile coach who pimped kids out through his charity for children. The entire college covered up the story until Joe Pa, who also knew, got his career ending victory making him the most winning coach in college football history. How fitting was that? The story almost broke sooner than that, however, the investigator kind of disappeared as his hard drive was found in the river.

You can't get much lower than that, mass pedophilia and murder.

Then the NCAA was forced to put restrictions on the team to punish them to help the NCAA save face, but that was the last thing they wanted to do for that cash cow of a winning program. Other teams have been completely disbanded for lesser offenses, but this was Penn State who had a huge college football following. So, the penalties they imposed on the team they later silently lifted so the program could get back on his winning feet once again.

Yea, I still hate Penn State for this very reason. It makes what Michigan did look like child's play.

Last edited:
Washington got kicked votto....you sound like a crybaby....maybe next year....
Michigan had a great team this year.....funny thing is, they didn't even need their head coach present to be as good as they were. He spent half the year suspended.

Michigan had a great team this year.....funny thing is, they didn't even need their head coach present to be as good as they were. He spent half the year suspended.
Only 3 games suspended, but yea.

I don't mean to pick on just Michigan, but like the article states, to win, you cheat in sports.

It is just a quick look into the dark, dark, dark, soul of mankind as we see in politics every day.

The worst scandal I have ever encountered in sports has to be Penn State, however. Here you had an entire university covering up a story of a pedophile coach who pimped kids out through his charity for children. The entire college covered up the story until Joe Pa, who also knew, got his career ending victory making him the most winning coach in college football history. How fitting was that? The story almost broke sooner than that, however, the investigator kind of disappeared as his hard drive was found in the river.

Then the NCAA was forced to put restrictions on the team to punish them to help the NCAA save face, but that was the last thing they wanted to do for that cash cow of a winning program. Other teams have been completely disbanded for lesser offenses, but this was Penn State who had a huge college football following. So, the penalties they imposed on the team they later silently lifted so the program could get back on his winning feet once again.

Yea, I still hate Penn State for this very reason. It makes what Michigan did look like child's play.

Winners sure are on a different levels aren't they? Stealing signs, deflating balls, holding/pass interference knowing the refs don't want to decide the game. Sticky hands. Or their recruiting practices.

Yea, Nick Sabin and Harbaugh are ruthless. I heard Harbaugh was using BAMA tactics with recruiting.

Michigan could have imploded the 4 games Harbaugh was suspended. And I doubt Michigan would have lost if they suspended him for the rest of the season. That was a powerhouse team. I give Washington credit it was close. And if I were Washington I would not like how the refs called that game.

Winners sure are on a different levels aren't they? Stealing signs, deflating balls, holding/pass interference knowing the refs don't want to decide the game. Sticky hands. Or their recruiting practices.

Yea, Nick Sabin and Harbaugh are ruthless. I heard Harbaugh was using BAMA tactics with recruiting.

Michigan could have imploded the 4 games Harbaugh was suspended. And I doubt Michigan would have lost if they suspended him for the rest of the season. That was a powerhouse team. I give Washington credit it was close. And if I were Washington I would not like how the refs called that game.
If you don't employ the tactics of the victor, then you probably will continue to lose.

This is what is puzzling with the GOP. They refuse to impeach Biden when that tactic obviously works.

And ballot harvesting, the GOP is light years behind the DNC.

In short, the GOP is happy with being a loser.

If you don't employ the tactics of the victor, then you probably will continue to lose.

This is what is puzzling with the GOP. They refuse to impeach Biden when that tactic obviously works.

And ballot harvesting, the GOP is light years behind the DNC.

In short, the GOP is happy with being a loser.
It was necessary for Vivek to call out GOP leadership in the one debate. They seem to be okay with losing or not winning as much as they could/should. Could lead anyone to suspect what is really going on

He was suspended the first three games of the season as well
Is that true? I forgot about that. A footnote on a national championship year.

Trump said it about people who hated clinto. They were jealous. Same with Michigan.

The only thing I hate is this feeds into my Michigan alum friends egos. They already thought they were better than they were. Now theyā€™re better than I thought.

One of the guys on sports talk made a very very good point. They all cheat. So ask yourself why Michigan or the Patriots are getting called out for it? Because that's what people do to the people on top. Trying to look for a way to knock them off the top. Fact is, the people who told on Harbaugh are snitches. Bitches. If they aren't cheating, then guess what? It's why you haven't won a National Championship.

Need another example? Pete Carroll After the slow start, Carroll's teams proceeded to go 67ā€“7 over the next 74 games, winning two national championships and playing for another.

Probes by both USC and the NCAA found that football star Reggie Bush, the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner, and basketball star O. J. Mayo had effectively forfeited their amateur status (in Mayo's case, before he ever played a game for USC) by accepting gifts from agents.
As a result of the ongoing investigation, which progressed well into the 2010ā€“11 seasons for both USC and Reggie Bush's New Orleans Saints, Bush voluntarily gave up his 2005 Heisman Trophy, which the Heisman Trust decided to leave vacant.

What a bunch of fucking haters. Going after them for doing what everyone does. Why? Because they were winning and that's what haters do to winners.

Mike Bianchi: After winning tainted national title, Michiganā€™s new fight song: ā€˜Hail to The Cheatersā€™​

Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel
Tue, January 9, 2024 at 9:28 PM ESTĀ·5 min read

0dec3529f778ac50febf0ccba38845a9

Maddie Meyer/Getty Images North America/TNS

ORLANDO, Fla. ā€” They have spied.
They have lied.
They have denied.

Now, sadly, the Michigan Wolverines have been rewarded with a national championship trophy.
And if itā€™s not hard enough to swallow that a bunch of cheaters won the national title on Monday night when Michigan ran over Washington, 34-13, Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh had the audacity to rub our noses in it with his you-canā€™t-touch-me smugness afterward.
ā€œThe off-the-field issues, weā€™re innocent and we stood strong and tall because we knew we were innocent,ā€ Harbaugh said with a straight face. ā€œOvercome that? It wasnā€™t that hard because we knew we were innocent.ā€
Puh-leeze.
If you believe Harbaugh and his coaching staff are innocent, you probably also believe there are a bunch of crime fighting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles living in the sewers beneath New York City.
If the Wolverines are innocent then why was Harbaugh ā€” the national championship-winning coach ā€” suspended for half of the regular season (six games) for two different breaches of NCAA rules?
Why did Michigan itself levy a three-game suspension of Harbaugh as a good-faith effort to penalize the coach for alleged recruiting violations in 2020 in which the NCAA says Harbaugh lied to its investigators?
Why did Michigan agree to the Big Tenā€™s additional three-game suspension of Harbaugh at the end of the season for the comprehensive sign-stealing scheme orchestrated by Harbaugh staff member Connor Stalions? And why was Stalions fired only after the blatant cheating allegations became public?
And why did Michiganā€™s leaders, whom originally claimed they would fight the Big Tenā€™s suspension of Harbaugh in court, back down at the 11th hour after new information came out? Instead, they agreed to the Harbaugh suspension and swiftly fired Wolverines linebackers coach Chris Partridge instead.
Why?
Why?
Why?
Because Michigan and Harbaugh cheated.
The NCAA knows it.
The Big Ten knows it.
Even Michigan itself knows it.
But, as we all know, winning is the great deodorizer and covers up the stench that emanates from the gutter of college sports. As I wrote several weeks ago:
ā€œWe used to think of the University of Michigan as a bastion of academic excellence, as one of the nationā€™s premier research universities and arguably the most esteemed public university in America. Now when we think of Michigan, we think of just another sewer-dwelling, win-at-all-cost football factory that will do anything and everything in its power to win a national championship. The Wolverines, in their race to get to the top of the college football rankings, actually have sunk to the bottom of the cesspool known as college athletics.ā€
Iā€™ve often said that sports fandom is much like partisan politics. In the political arena, for instance, Democrats and Republicans have been brainwashed by cable news and will rationalize lying, cheating and stealing to back their candidate no matter what.
Likewise, itā€™s the same in sports fandom. Weā€™ll see a perfect illustration of what Iā€™m talking about when the powerhouse Kansas Jayhawks basketball team jets into Orlando on Wednesday to play UCF in the Knightsā€™ Big 12 home opener. Kansas coach Bill Self was implicated in the FBI investigation into Adidas reps bribing top players to sign with Kansas ā€” the sneaker companyā€™s most high-profile program.
Did Kansas react by firing Self? No, they gave him a big raise and a lifetime contract extension instead. Self responded by winning the 2022 national title and might win another one this year.
Good luck to squeaky clean UCF coach Johnny Dawkins as he tries to compete with a shady program such as Kansas in the years to come.
As you might expect, Michigan fans and leaders are responding to their cheating scandal much like Kansas did. They are scoffing at the allegations from the toothless NCAA and strongly backing Harbaugh because, well, heā€™s a Michigan man and heā€™s put the Wolverines back on top of college football.
They have actually convinced themselves that the sign-stealing was done by a renegade member of Harbaughā€™s staff without the head coachā€™s knowledge. As if such an elaborate scheme could take place within any program without the knowledge of the typically obsessive, micromanaging college football head coach.
Then there are those Michigan fans and Harbaugh apologists in the media who explain away the violations by claiming, ā€œItā€™s no big deal. Everybody does it. If you ainā€™t cheating, you ainā€™t trying.ā€

Who says crime does not pay?
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought you were talking about the cheatriots and it was related to Belicheat. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back