Defending Deion

Sanders work as a coach has been impressive.

A Head Coach is not a ceremonial position. It takes long hours and hard work. It takes a deep knowledge of the game as well as the ability to assess talent and use it correctly.

Prime is coaching at a high level and has turned around a 1-11 team overnight
He inspires those kids and I’m sure he’s great at recruiting

True
But it takes guts to tear them down and start over with players who have never played together.
But Coach Prime attracts good players
The NCAA supposedly made changes where players can sign contracts to get paid from endorsements and advertisements. I wonder if there is a connection.

True
But it takes guts to tear them down and start over with players who have never played together.
But Coach Prime attracts good players
Guts? College football is about recruiting, and recruiting isn’t an act of bravery

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
it really bothers white peoples when blacks get a format and use it like a white man.
I have no idea what you’re talking about, but that’s fine because you don’t either

First of all, Coach Prime is undeniably one of the greatest football players ever, both at CB and as a return man. Prime is arguably one of the greatest athletes of all time, having also been a decent MLB baseball player.

But the business is not Sports, it is Sports ENTERTAINMENT, and Prime is extremely entertaining, always has been. Sports would be dull if there were not loudmouth showboats like Prime. Chris Berman and Thom Jackson used to have fun with Deion on NFL Primetime. THAT was always HILARIOUS.

So now Deion is "Coach Prime" and, not surprisingly, is doing well at it and getting tons of media coverage. Those who like that media coverage are showing up at his games to get more, the Rock being one.

So what's the beef with Neon Deion PrimeTime "Coach Prime" Sanders?

Is he anti white?

Nobody that I can recall suggested that when Prime was a player. This kinda started when Prime kinda freaked out when Penn State safety Troy Apke broke 4.4 in the 40 at the Combine maybe 4 years ago, and Prime said something like... wow, he's white... Apke was not the first white to run that fast, but to be fair the vast majority of the prospects who do break 4.4 at the combine are black. Prime had a foot in mouth moment, and I believe he did take credit and apologize. This draft the smartest QB was Bryce Young of Bama, who is black, and a similar comment by a white would probably get a much larger "outrage" by the media. I don't think any of that adds up to a charge of bigotry against Prime. It is GOOD that FOOTBALL is BREAKING RACIAL STEREOTYPING and pointing us towards a colorblind attitude. Thank you Apke and Young!!!!

Did Deion cross some "racial lines" while at Jackson State? An HBCU like that school was never going to land the type of talent necessary to win in Div 1a. Some of the things Deion said were "whiny" and "racially aggravating" but that comes with the job and that type of school. Deion thought he could get a lot of 4 and 5 stars to come there. He was wrong. He got a few. THAT's why he is now at Colorado.

I do not consider Coach Prime to be a racial bigot. I do not think that type of accusation is fair. Deion is not hostile to whites. Deion is not out there spewing racial hatred. He is Coach Prime, he is black, he has a big ego, a big mouth, and a resume of achievement to back that up. If you don't like shades and hats and gold chains, that is your problem.
Deon didn't even know who his starting center was
Watch the post game interview

Deon didn't even know who his starting center was
Watch the post game interview

The OC did...

Deion knows the OC.

That being said, the Buffs' OL is likely going to be overmatched when it faces the top of the Pac 12.

To be fair, Deion should be allowed 3-4 recruiting classes before his Colorado HC record is really 100% "his."

Sanders made it a point to address the ongoing discussion regarding Colorado State defensive back Henry Blackburn's hit on Colorado star Travis Hunter. Coach Prime encouraged fans to move on from calling out Blackburn for what appeared to be a cheap shot on Hunter.

"Henry Blackburn is a good player who played a phenomenal game," Sanders told reporters on Sept. 19. "This is a still young man trying to make it in life. He does not deserve a death threat over a game. I forgive him. Our team forgives him. Travis Hunter has forgiven him. Let's move on. That kid does not deserve that."

... but he does deserve something for what clearly was a CHEAP SHOT that injured a star player...

Thank you, Coach Prime.

First of all, Coach Prime is undeniably one of the greatest football players ever, both at CB and as a return man. Prime is arguably one of the greatest athletes of all time, having also been a decent MLB baseball player.

But the business is not Sports, it is Sports ENTERTAINMENT, and Prime is extremely entertaining, always has been. Sports would be dull if there were not loudmouth showboats like Prime. Chris Berman and Thom Jackson used to have fun with Deion on NFL Primetime. THAT was always HILARIOUS.

So now Deion is "Coach Prime" and, not surprisingly, is doing well at it and getting tons of media coverage. Those who like that media coverage are showing up at his games to get more, the Rock being one.

So what's the beef with Neon Deion PrimeTime "Coach Prime" Sanders?

Is he anti white?

Nobody that I can recall suggested that when Prime was a player. This kinda started when Prime kinda freaked out when Penn State safety Troy Apke broke 4.4 in the 40 at the Combine maybe 4 years ago, and Prime said something like... wow, he's white... Apke was not the first white to run that fast, but to be fair the vast majority of the prospects who do break 4.4 at the combine are black. Prime had a foot in mouth moment, and I believe he did take credit and apologize. This draft the smartest QB was Bryce Young of Bama, who is black, and a similar comment by a white would probably get a much larger "outrage" by the media. I don't think any of that adds up to a charge of bigotry against Prime. It is GOOD that FOOTBALL is BREAKING RACIAL STEREOTYPING and pointing us towards a colorblind attitude. Thank you Apke and Young!!!!

Did Deion cross some "racial lines" while at Jackson State? An HBCU like that school was never going to land the type of talent necessary to win in Div 1a. Some of the things Deion said were "whiny" and "racially aggravating" but that comes with the job and that type of school. Deion thought he could get a lot of 4 and 5 stars to come there. He was wrong. He got a few. THAT's why he is now at Colorado.

I do not consider Coach Prime to be a racial bigot. I do not think that type of accusation is fair. Deion is not hostile to whites. Deion is not out there spewing racial hatred. He is Coach Prime, he is black, he has a big ego, a big mouth, and a resume of achievement to back that up. If you don't like shades and hats and gold chains, that is your problem.
From what I’ve seen, it’s the Michael Wilbons of the world that are saying that if you have a problem with a cocky, outspoken, flashy coach it’s because of race and race alone… forgetting that Steve Spurrier and Lane Kiffin were 2 white guys who brought similar heat like Deion and were spoken against because of it.

The only reason Deion is getting flack is because he’s talking like his sh*t doesn’t stink, which makes him an anti-hero. No race issue whatsoever. But ESPN is pimping race as they always do

That being said, I love a guy who talks sh*t and sets themselves up to be either humbled or glorified.. it’s entertaining drama. Love “Coach Prime”.. what a gimmick

it’s the Michael Wilbons of the world that are saying that if you have a problem with a cocky, outspoken, flashy coach it’s because of race and race alone

I would guess Stevie Asswipe Smith is at it too... Keyshawn was fired for not going racial on Gruden as Stevie wanted. The Key kept it about football. Stevie should have been fired, not Key.

But none of that is on Prime. Prime can't help that any more than Trump can stop David Duke from endorsing him...

Prime is cool, keeps race out of it...

Forum List

Back