Due to the politicization of the NFL not watching the Super Bowl this year.

The four-time indicted, twice-impeached disgraced former president, Donald Trump, who admitted Tuesday that he will govern as a “dictator” on “day one” should he win office again, is overtly vowing to weaponize government and seek retribution against the news media, showing no regard for the First Amendment protections afforded to the Fourth Estate.

The alarming rhetoric against the nation’s journalists, whom Trump has consistently and insidiously referred to as the “enemy of the people,” has also been echoed by his top allies, indicating the promises of revenge are not the rantings of a madman, but the actual intended course of action should the Republican presidential frontrunner manage to seize power again.

In a particularly disturbing conversation this week, Trump’s former top political strategist, Steve Bannon, and former National Security Council adviser, Kash Patel, openly discussed plans to target the press. Bannon, who underscored that such promises are “not just rhetoric” and that they are “absolutely dead serious” about seeking revenge against journalists, asked Patel, who would likely serve in a second Trump administration, whether he could “deliver the goods.” Patel responded affirmatively, vowing that a re-empowered Trump would indeed “come after” the press.

Bannon did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday and a spokesperson for Patel claimed he was only referring to targeting journalists “who break the law.” Regardless, Trump has himself said he will target news organizations, including most recently lashing out at Comcast over NBCU News Group’s coverage of him, saying the company should be “investigated.”

“I say up front, openly, and proudly, that when I WIN the Presidency of the United States, they and others of the LameStream Media will be thoroughly scrutinized for their knowingly dishonest and corrupt coverage of people, things, and events,” Trump declared in September, adding that he believes the press “should pay a big price” for supposedly hurting the country.
Bye bye fuckup

I would sooner watch a Taylor Swift concert than the Super Bowl. In practical terms, the amount you would have to pay me to do the former would have to be tripled to induce me to do the latter.
Bye bye fuckup

As a production the Super Bowl is a mess. I never watch the pre-game nor halftime, and over the last few years when watching any football, I keep the television's sound down to a volume where I can only hear the ref's penalty call only if I really pay close attention. That's especially the case during the Super Bowl when it is geared much more to the non-fan.

I much more enjoy the Conference Championship Sunday a week or two before.
We're of one mind on this. The conference championship games are, to me, much better games than the super bowl. I don't really know what it is that makes them better besides the fact that it is usually (or seems to be anyway) a better game. I think it's because the game takes place in the elements, you see the mud, the snow, the rain, etc... The super bowls always seem too polished in my view.

I couldn't agree with you more about the pre-game and halftime shows. I may watch the coin flip and the national anthems this year because Reba is singing it. But the whole halftime show is just silly. These canned performances, professional fans who are there to cheer whatever lip-synced performance that is happening in front of them. How often do Super Bowl halftime headliners lip-sync instead of singing live? - Yahoo Sports

I often wonder why the NFL just doesn't, for 30 god-damned minutes, stop trying to monetize every fucking second of every broadcast. Take a college marching band. I prefer the A&M band myself (gig em). But take them and/or the OSU band, and/or one of the HBCU bands and let them cut it up. None of the band members will ever forget it. The crowd would love it. You wouldn't have to worry about some bizarre wardrobe malfunction, and you know what else...it would just be...a nice thing to do (gasp!!!!). I mean...can you imagine the Grambling band playing the halftime show in New Orleans!!!! There may not be a roof on the superdome after they finish.

I may not even watch the Super Bowl this year bacause of the politicization of the NFL. It will be hard not to watch.

Do the smart thing: If it looks to be a good game, just watch the broadcast OTA, that way, the NFL cannot
tabulate your viewership and add it to its advertising revenue base to make money from.

Then be sure to time shift your watching it with a DVR so you can skip over all the commercials too.

I may not even watch the Super Bowl this year bacause of the politicization of the NFL.

American football is an interesting game and there are a lot of eyes on the games which is why the National Football League was instramental in promoting the notion that Donald Trump is a Nazi populist rilng up "bad" white people. Black football players in the US are millionaires living plush lives that most can only dream of. Yet suddenly, out of nowhere, they were taking knees during the National Anthem to show solidarity with those who believed Trump's election in 2016 was a terrible mistake made by uneducated, unwashed white supremicists too stupid to understand Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.

In 2020 during a game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Green Bay Packers, Football analyst, Troy Aikman, voiced his opinion on air that Donald Trump was wasting tax money on military flyovers and suggested that would not happen if Biden got the White House. Aikman still had his job after that and this left many scratching their heads. Would derogatory comments about Biden have left the rich analyst with his job? This is unlikely considering the corporate sponsor Diversity-Equity- and-Inclusion driven removal of Tucker Carlson by Fox News years later.

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman's Military Flyover Comments Caught on Hot Mic: 'Ain't Happening With Kamala-Biden Ticket'

In these opening days of 2024 there are some observations you should have made if you are in possession of a clear mind. You may recall that the National Football league was crucial in the current push of Washington to divide white people into two groups-"good" white people and "bad" white people. The good white people are those that purportedly voted for Joe Biden, and and the bad white people are the "MAGA" voters that supported Donald Trump. Why would bad white people vote for Trump? Well, it might have been because they noticed that US politicians have spent lifetimes in Washington and nothing has changed for the better in America. So, in spite of personality imperfections disqualifying Trump for sainthood, a repudiation of Washington politics was the only avenue to bring about any kind of change when change was needed to save the republic.

Trump indeed got the White House in 2016 and this sent Washington into the code red high alert of a bashed African beehive. All those wealthy Havard and Yale educated politicians realized that the mass psychosis of sheepville had been breached by a populist upstart embracing the notion that the people have power to bring about change. Washington responded by using national security agencies in place to deal with foreign enemies in a gaslighting, Machivellian, political blitzkreig to take Trump down. In the true spirit of every third world banana republic in history, Washington went on a crusade to outlaw Trump and anyone connected with him. The DC status quo decided to use the massive viewing audiences of the NFL to foment racial tribalism among the population and suggest that Donald Trump was a fascist leader of white supremacy.

I may or may not watch the Super Bowl this year so I might miss the Manning brothers trying to rescue the image of Bud Light in long and numerous commercials. I love football as an American game but the NFL is no longer an American organization.

It will be hard not to watch.
Yeah! I hate it when major sports goes all woke and supports woke causes like cancer awareness. Like anyone has been affected by cancer but unhealthy losers.

Why can’t we just watch the game…and another thing. Why all this military stuff too. Chances are they might get captured or die somewhere and I don’t need them losers either. Christ, I almost had to mess up my hair once because of some event involving dead military personnel when it was raining.

I think it is hilarious that there is such a fit being thrown because of Taylor Swift. And some of the same people who are throwing a fit had sworn to never watch the NFL because of the kneeling.

I guess that boycott didn't work any better than the ones before.

I think it is hilarious that there is such a fit being thrown because of Taylor Swift.

I wasn't sure who she was until she started dating Kelce. Last night, I almost thought she was a player on the field they made such a show of her!

But now I know she is just another pop artist talentless skank who sells sex to move banal music for the masses.

I wasn't sure who she was until she started dating Kelce. Last night, I almost thought she was a player on the field they made such a show of her!

But now I know she is just another pop artist talentless skank who sells sex to move banal music for the masses.

To each their own as far as music goes.

I may not even watch the Super Bowl this year bacause of the politicization of the NFL.

American football is an interesting game and there are a lot of eyes on the games which is why the National Football League was instramental in promoting the notion that Donald Trump is a Nazi populist rilng up "bad" white people. Black football players in the US are millionaires living plush lives that most can only dream of. Yet suddenly, out of nowhere, they were taking knees during the National Anthem to show solidarity with those who believed Trump's election in 2016 was a terrible mistake made by uneducated, unwashed white supremicists too stupid to understand Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.

In 2020 during a game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Green Bay Packers, Football analyst, Troy Aikman, voiced his opinion on air that Donald Trump was wasting tax money on military flyovers and suggested that would not happen if Biden got the White House. Aikman still had his job after that and this left many scratching their heads. Would derogatory comments about Biden have left the rich analyst with his job? This is unlikely considering the corporate sponsor Diversity-Equity- and-Inclusion driven removal of Tucker Carlson by Fox News years later.

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman's Military Flyover Comments Caught on Hot Mic: 'Ain't Happening With Kamala-Biden Ticket'

In these opening days of 2024 there are some observations you should have made if you are in possession of a clear mind. You may recall that the National Football league was crucial in the current push of Washington to divide white people into two groups-"good" white people and "bad" white people. The good white people are those that purportedly voted for Joe Biden, and and the bad white people are the "MAGA" voters that supported Donald Trump. Why would bad white people vote for Trump? Well, it might have been because they noticed that US politicians have spent lifetimes in Washington and nothing has changed for the better in America. So, in spite of personality imperfections disqualifying Trump for sainthood, a repudiation of Washington politics was the only avenue to bring about any kind of change when change was needed to save the republic.

Trump indeed got the White House in 2016 and this sent Washington into the code red high alert of a bashed African beehive. All those wealthy Havard and Yale educated politicians realized that the mass psychosis of sheepville had been breached by a populist upstart embracing the notion that the people have power to bring about change. Washington responded by using national security agencies in place to deal with foreign enemies in a gaslighting, Machivellian, political blitzkreig to take Trump down. In the true spirit of every third world banana republic in history, Washington went on a crusade to outlaw Trump and anyone connected with him. The DC status quo decided to use the massive viewing audiences of the NFL to foment racial tribalism among the population and suggest that Donald Trump was a fascist leader of white supremacy.

I may or may not watch the Super Bowl this year so I might miss the Manning brothers trying to rescue the image of Bud Light in long and numerous commercials. I love football as an American game but the NFL is no longer an American organization.

It will be hard not to watch.

Me too...but long ago made that decision.

facts dont matter.jpg

I'm sure Kelce holds his nose listening to her drivel just to hit some of this:

https://globalgrind.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2014/11/170079458.jpg?w=1200&quality=80&strip=all
https://i.insider.com/5cf7ce81594ea52aa60054a3?width=700
https://i0.wp.com/www.hotcelebshome.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Taylor-Swift-Sexy-Legs-29.jpg?fit=1280%2C1920&ssl=1

In my day, musicians were butt ugly because people actually came for their MUSIC, not for their looks, or light show.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/09/17/arts/17REISSUES4/17REISSUES4-superJumbo.jpg

So there were no attractive women making music back then? lol Too much acid, my friend.

So there were no attractive women making music back then?

A few, like Linda Ronstadt. But they didn't dress up in Hollywood fashion and make their good looks their raison d'être for existing. They had talent, and pretty good music.

Now the music STINKS and the ONLY reason for their popularity is their sexiness.

A few, like Linda Ronstadt. But they didn't dress up in Hollywood fashion and make their good looks their raison d'être for existing. They had talent, and pretty good music.

Now the music STINKS and the ONLY reason for their popularity is their sexiness.

"One of the world's best-selling musicians with 200 million records sold, Swift has been honored as the Global Recording Artist of the Year three times by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. She is the highest-grossing female touring act, the most-streamed woman on Spotify and Apple Music, and the first billionaire with music as the main source of income. The 2023 Time Person of the Year, Swift has appeared on lists such as Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time", Billboard's "Greatest of All Time Artists", and the World's 100 Most Powerful Women by Forbes. Her accolades include 12 Grammy Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, 40 American Music Awards, 40 Billboard Music Awards, and 23 MTV Video Music Awards. Swift is a philanthropist and an advocate for artists' rights and women's empowerment."

200 million records were not for her looks. 12 Grammy Awards? Just on her looks? I guess the rest of the awards were given because she looks so sexy, huh?

I don't care for Swift's music. But to call her talentless is laughable.

And another thing, I am 64 years old. I have been hearing "The new music sucks!" since the early 1970s. Everybody thinks the music of their youth was the best.

I'm sure Kelce holds his nose listening to her drivel just to hit some of this:

https://globalgrind.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2014/11/170079458.jpg?w=1200&quality=80&strip=all
https://i.insider.com/5cf7ce81594ea52aa60054a3?width=700
https://i0.wp.com/www.hotcelebshome.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Taylor-Swift-Sexy-Legs-29.jpg?fit=1280%2C1920&ssl=1

In my day, musicians were butt ugly because people actually came for their MUSIC, not for their looks, or light show.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/09/17/arts/17REISSUES4/17REISSUES4-superJumbo.jpg
That is only true for guy rockers. Even then the handsome like David Jones got all the babes.

What wiki claims is not the point and utterly meaningless.

I don't care for Swift's music.
Not exactly a cheering endorsement!

But to call her talentless is laughable.
Just because she sells a lot of music, all that proves is that a great many kids today have no appreciation for good music and subscribe to her pop crap only because she schtingles their dingle.

Forum List

Back