Zone1 USSC to hear racial discrimination in education case today

America fought a bloody civil war that among other things ended slavery and for all the time since, good people of all races, ethnicities, backgrounds have worked together to end the subsequent segregation, Jim Crow laws and other injustices in our culture and society. All that is now part of our past history and that is what should be emphasized now in education. And because good people did that, all children should be encouraged to be the best they can be at whatever moves and inspires them.

Not CRT that IS being taught in many public schools.
You are absolutely correct. The racists on the left want to teach anti-white racism while, of course, denying that they’re doing so.

No fewer than 30 public schools across 15 states taught a book, “Not My Idea,” that claims white people make deals with the devil. Fortunately, anti-white racism will be dealt a one-two punch: first, when we kick out the worst of the leftists; and second, when the SCOTUS issues its ruling that admissions officers cannot bestow or withhold favor on individual applicants based on race.

America fought a bloody civil war that among other things ended slavery and for all the time since, good people of all races, ethnicities, backgrounds have worked together to end the subsequent segregation, Jim Crow laws and other injustices in our culture and society. All that is now part of our past history and that is what should be emphasized now in education. And because good people did that, all children should be encouraged to be the best they can be at whatever moves and inspires them.

That's the fairy tale primarily pushed by a portion of the white population who happen to hold right wing beliefs. But that's not reality. Reality shows us that various groups of color fought, were terrorized and some died to stop apartheid and to force the leaders of this country to sign equal rights into law. Still today people refuse to respect these rights. CRT is not taught in public school and what you think CRT is should be taught. You have been race baited, but in order for the thinking of people like you to stop, we need to teach the truth of our history, not some fake garbage that makes some whites feel better about themselves.

Do not post me a link about CRT from some bs right wing site. I have the book on critical race theory and have read it. CRT is a bunch of legal opinions that are too advanced for grade school and high school kids. What you call CRT is anything that doesn't center whites as the ultimate saviors of all humanity, sole founders of America, benevolent people who out of the kindness of their hearts sacrificed themselves to end slavery, invented all modern technology, etc., etc.

Well, those things are untrue and the contribution and struggles of others should be included. Whites are not the only people living here and it's time to stop teaching Critical White Supremacy Theory.

That's the fairy tale primarily pushed by a portion of the white population who happen to hold right wing beliefs. But that's not reality. Reality shows us that various groups of color fought, were terrorized and some died to stop apartheid and to force the leaders of this country to sign equal rights into law. Still today people refuse to respect these rights. CRT is not taught in public school and what you think CRT is should be taught. You have been race baited, but in order for the thinking of people like you to stop, we need to teach the truth of our history, not some fake garbage that makes some whites feel better about themselves.

Do not post me a link about CRT from some bs right wing site. I have the book on critical race theory and have read it. CRT is a bunch of legal opinions that are too advanced for grade school and high school kids. What you call CRT is anything that doesn't center whites as the ultimate saviors of all humanity, sole founders of America, benevolent people who out of the kindness of their hearts sacrificed themselves to end slavery, invented all modern technology, etc., etc.

Well, those things are untrue and the contribution and struggles of others should be included. Whites are not the only people living here and it's time to stop teaching Critical White Supremacy Theory.
Oh well I tried. Have a pleasant evening.

I honestly don’t think you can say this should just be put behind us when there are so many alive who grew up under Jim Crowe and experienced the violence and murder directed on them by the public and the police during the Civil Rights movement.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I honestly don’t think you can say this should just be put behind us when there are so many alive who grew up under Jim Crowe and experienced the violence and murder directed on them by the public and the police during the Civil Rights movement.
A lot of us put up with a lot of stuff growing up. I did NOT have a golden childhood. But people can be encouraged to focus on the bad in their history and let it control their lives, or they can appreciate that it is now history and no longer needs to control their lives. Until people are willing to let go of the past and create and/or appreciate a great present, racism will persist forever. Most especially when there are unscrupulous politicians and others who utilize and promote racism for their own purposes.

A lot of us put up with a lot of stuff growing up. I did NOT have a golden childhood. But people can be encouraged to focus on the bad in their history and let it control their lives, or they can appreciate that it is now history and no longer needs to control their lives. Until people are willing to let go of the past and create and/or appreciate a great present, racism will persist forever. Most especially when there are unscrupulous politicians and others who utilize and promote racism for their own purposes.
Would you tell that to a Holocaust survivor?

Comparing Holocaust survivors to young black adults, age 18 or 19, about to apply for college is beyond insulting. There is NO comparison to what my grandfather went through and a black teen in 2022.

I have had a Holocaust survivor explain that to me. This person lost most of her family and endured unspeakable atrocities as a Polish Jew. But she was the most real and caring and untraumatized person anybody could know. She spent her time until her death working to help other people reach their potential.

I certainly did not endure anything close to what she did, but I had bad experiences growing up that I could now choose to let make me angry, bitter or use for an excuse for not achieving or whatever. But I had some great role models who taught me to make better choices than that. And I bless teachers, parents, mentors, role models now who are encouraging children to make better choices than that.

Comparing Holocaust survivors to young black adults, age 18 or 19, about to apply for college is beyond insulting. There is NO comparison to what my grandfather went through and a black teen in 2022.
This sort of answer is exactly what happens when you jump into the middle of a conversation, itching for outrage, and completely Miss the context.

• Love
I have had a Holocaust survivor explain that to me. This person lost most of her family and endured unspeakable atrocities as a Polish Jew. But she was the most real and caring and untraumatized person anybody could know. She spent her time until her death working to help other people reach their potential.

I certainly did not endure anything close to what she did, but I had bad experiences growing up that I could now choose to let make me angry, bitter or use for an excuse for not achieving or whatever. But I had some great role models who taught me to make better choices than that. And I bless teachers, parents, mentors, role models now who are encouraging children to make better choices than that.
I agree, a lot of us have had bad experiences…but like you, I have never experienced anything close to what the survivors of the Holocaust did, or what American Blacks did under Jim Crowe or during the struggle for civil rights. It should be up to the individuals to decide how they wish to come to terms with it, not others to tell them they should just put it behind them.

The Jewish people who survived, made sure it would never be forgotten. Stories and experiences were preserved. It was taught in schools. How antisemitism for example can lead to atrocities. There are organizations who keep an eye out for these sorts of things. But here is the thing, no one is telling them they should it behind them or that antisemitism no longer exist….or that we can’t teach about it in class because it might make people uncomfortable (which is silly because it SHOULD make people uncomfortable).

• Love
LOL! That is complete, utter hogwash.
The 14th Amendment has nothing to do with college admissions.
Try again. And learn the meanings of the Civil War amendments (13th, 14th and 15th Amendments) while you're at it.
the 14th amendment is about equal protection under the law
we can't have different laws for different people
it is the basis of all civil right laws

Oh well I tried. Have a pleasant evening.
You've tried force feeding me something I know that is not true. It's time those such as yourself understood that your opinion or the way you think America is, is not the only one and those of us who have a different view have those views for valid reasons that are supported by fact, not feelings.

Why is it that holocaust survivors tell you to never forget, and you say that no one should ever forget, but blacks must always forget? Nobody is promoting racism for their own purposes but white right wing grievance mongers.

You have never experienced white racism. It is something that has not stopped. Those like you need to quit lying about how it's in the past and you certainly need to drop that white racially biased lie about people using something as an excuse to not achieve. You deny your problem and maybe you should face the fact that you are not colorblind. In fact you are the reverse.

I agree, a lot of us have had bad experiences…but like you, I have never experienced anything close to what the survivors of the Holocaust did, or what American Blacks did under Jim Crowe or during the struggle for civil rights. It should be up to the individuals to decide how they wish to come to terms with it, not others to tell them they should just put it behind them.

The Jewish people who survived, made sure it would never be forgotten. Stories and experiences were preserved. It was taught in schools. How antisemitism for example can lead to atrocities. There are organizations who keep an eye out for these sorts of things. But here is the thing, no one is telling them they should it behind them or that antisemitism no longer exist….or that we can’t teach about it in class because it might make people uncomfortable (which is silly because it SHOULD make people uncomfortable).
You teach it as History. All the history. The bad and all those who sacrificed nd risked and sometimes gave all to change the ugliest parts of the history so that the present is far better.

That Holocaust survivor told us of the Russian Army liberating them. The Russians have a horrendous history of brutal and unconscionable treatment of the Jews, but the soldiers in the Red Army in Poland gave the freed prisoners food, clean water, treated them medically as best they could and were exceedingly kind. So should Jewish children be taught only of the brutality and injustice inflicted on them by the Russians and not also be taught the sacrifice and caring and concern of those who rescued them from a more recent horror?

I urge you to read the writings of Shelby Steele, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, and William Raspberry et al all who grew up during segregation and the Jim Crow laws and how they chose not to make that part of their past the defining component of their present. How they fully understood that those who teach and encourage people to remain angry and defensive and victims will never achieve their full potential. Those who demand or encourage people to focus on that do them a tremendous disservice.

Last edited:
Why is it that holocaust survivors tell you to never forget, and you say that no one should ever forget, but blacks must always forget? Nobody is promoting racism for their own purposes but white right wing grievance mongers.
No one suggests anybody should forget. We all should know the history of those who went before us and our own history, all of the history, the good and the bad. We should learn how to avoid repeating the bad part of the past and why the good parts were effective and how we might better live in our present and future.

You teach it as History. All the history. The bad and all those who sacrificed nd risked and sometimes gave all to change the ugliest parts of the history so that the present is far better.

That Holocaust survivor told us of the Russian Army liberating them. The Russians have a horrendous history of brutal and unconscionable treatment of the Jews, but the soldiers in the Red Army in Poland gave the freed prisoners food, clean water, treated them medically as best they could and were exceedingly kind. So should Jewish children be taught only of the brutality and injustice inflicted on them by the Russians and not also be taught the sacrifice and caring and concern of those who rescued them from a more recent horror?

I urge you to read the writings of Shelby Steele, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, and William Raspberry et al all who grew up during segregation and the Jim Crow laws and how they chose not to make that part of their past the defining component of their present. How they fully understood that those who teach and encourage people remain angry and defensive and victims will never achieve their full potential. Those who demand or encourage people to focus on that do them a tremendous disservice.
The first part, I fully agree with (the way history should be taught).

William Raspberry is a good columnist, I have read his stuff. People need the space and the freedom to come to terms with the past and the present in their own way because each of our experiences are different. I think we should respect it. Sometimes anger can inspire positive change, a desire to make sure your own children don’t go through what you did.

• Thanks
You have never experienced white racism. It is something that has not stopped. Those like you need to quit lying about how it's in the past and you certainly need to drop that white racially biased lie about people using something as an excuse to not achieve. You deny your problem and maybe you should face the fact that you are not colorblind. In fact you are the reverse.
Again I tried. And I did it without being petty, insulting, and ad hominem. But you gotta be you I guess. Again, do have a pleasant evening.

The first part, I fully agree with (the way history should be taught).

William Raspberry is a good columnist, I have read his stuff. People need the space and the freedom to come to terms with the past and the present in their own way because each of our experiences are different. I think we should respect it. Sometimes anger can inspire positive change, a desire to make sure your own children don’t go through what you did.
Those who teach their children to see themselves as victims of whatever and not appreciate that they no longer have to be that are setting their kids up to go through what the parents did.

I much appreciated Raspberry as an intelligent and thoughtful liberal commentator because they are so rare it seems. I've missed him since he retired. But I encourage you to balance his perspective with Steele, Sowell, Williams and a few others who have devoted their lives helping others be the best they can be.

Forum List

Back