Zone1 The Government Had the Solution to Racial Inequality 56 Years Ago

On that we will have to disagree. I can trace my lineage back directly to people who helped found this country; and this is most definitely NOT what they intended to create.
The so called, and greatly over rated, "founding fathers" were intelligent, and well educated for their time. They were also rich. Many owned slaves. Consequently, we should not consider their concerns to be sacrosanct.

The so called, and greatly over rated, "founding fathers" were intelligent, and well educated for their time. They were also rich. Many owned slaves. Consequently, we should not consider their concerns to be sacrosanct
Trust me, my family was not rich; but they were willing to KILL for what they believed in. The ideals and values of those members of my family have been handed down for almost 400 years (they originally arrived here in the late 1630s).

The so called, and greatly over rated, "founding fathers" were intelligent, and well educated for their time. They were also rich. Many owned slaves. Consequently, we should not consider their concerns to be sacrosanct.
Most of them were not rich. Oddly enough, the ones that insisted that slavery be allowed WERE rich southerners. Most of the Northerners were middle to upper class people, often farmers or small business owners. Many of them were bankrupted by their service to the nation. Back a year or so I researched that and posted the results to refute one of our resident black racists.

Forum List

Back