Virginia Dems call for immediate ban on legacy admissions

Analog or digital? Commercial grade analog is better (far less hassle/expense to DIY repair) but both are Tier 1.
Analog. Looks likes something produced 30 years ago. You know….when things were built to last.

Why wouldn't you want legacy admissions as they are the ones that can pay their way and often follow in their parent's footsteps as far as being contributors to our society.

There's a family in my town that has been admitted to UVA since well before the Civil War and all turned out to be professionals and led very productive lives. One of the streets on campus is named for one of them.
You mean they're White and should be admitted over people with better credentials.

Why can't you people be honest even with yourselves?

You mean they're White and should be admitted over people with better credentials.

Why can't you people be honest even with yourselves?
I support doing away with legacy admissions along with all forms of affirmative action

Do we have a deal?

I support doing away with legacy admissions along with all forms of affirmative action

Do we have a deal?
Define what you mean by "all forms of affirmative action."

Recruiting women/poc into majors in which they're underrepresented and allowing them to compete fairly.
Is that "affirmative action?"

Is that why you started a racist thread, RACIST?
The term "racism" is but a lame social construct coined in 1902 by a Yankee General in reference to his version of the "plight" of native americans.....He then went on to promote the kidnapping of same and put them in "schools" to get shed of their NA ways.

But extra credit for being White is just fine with you.
There are no extra credits for being white. Now there just won’t be extra credits for being black.

I worked in admissions. I know how many bright, academically gifted whites were rejected to let in much weaker blacks. And the weaker blacks let in via AA needed hand-holding and tutoring all the way through.

Recruiting women/poc into majors in which they're underrepresented and allowing them to compete fairly.
Yes, if their grades and scores are lower than males and whites who were rejected.

Yes

The world has changed since Dolly Parton and Dabney Coleman in Nine to Five

outstanding career women are much sought after in the business world without anyone cracking heads

There are no extra credits for being white. Now there just won’t be extra credits for being black.

I worked in admissions. I know how many bright, academically gifted whites were rejected to let in much weaker blacks. And the weaker blacks let in via AA needed hand-holding and tutoring all the way through.
BWAHAHAHA

There's always been "extra credit" for being White in this country.
this does not change that.

BWAHAHAHA

Government should not play favorites between the races or prefer women over men

Yes

The world has changed since Dolly Parton and Dabney Coleman in Nine to Five

outstanding career women are much sought after in the business world without anyone cracking heads
somewhere over the rainbow...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHA

Not in college admissions. Blacks get the “extra credit.” How else do you explain 3.8 GPA white kids with 1450 SAT scores being rejected from the same universities accepting black kids with 3.4 GPAs and 1300 SAT scores being accepted?

But preferring men and especially White men is just wonderful.

Geez
And is that why jobs are being filled left and right with black females lesser qualified? The press Secretary? The VP? The plagarizing bigot at Harvard?

It’s time to start picking people based on merit. If the best qualified happens to be a white man, so be it.

Who do you want building the plane you’re going to fly? The best mechanics available regardless of skin color? Or the best available only among those with dark skin?

Forum List

Back