Zone1 USSC to hear racial discrimination in education case today

In an ideal world, yes.
If I were a SCOTUS member, I would rule by what is fair and just, and I would pay no attention at all, to the perceptions of screwballs (ex. Sunny Hostin) who perceive incorrectly and abnormally.

It's just like in 1954, in Operation Wetback, when Eisenhower deported over a million illegal aliens, and shipped them to south Mexico. Women & children were brought to shore in small boats, while men were simply dumped into the shallow water, and waded ashore.
US Democrats and the Mexican government protested loudly and furiously. Eisenhower paid no attention to them whatsoever.

If I were a SCOTUS member, I would rule by what is fair and just, and I would pay no attention at all, to the perceptions of screwballs (ex. Sunny Hostin) who perceive incorrectly and abnormally.

It's just like in 1954, in Operation Wetback, when Eisenhower deported over a million illegal aliens, and shipped them to south Mexico. Women & children were brought to shore in small boats, while men were simply dumped into the shallow water, and waded ashore.
US Democrats and the Mexican government protested loudly and furiously. Eisenhower paid no attention to them whatsoever.
The unfortunate thing is that when Amy Coney Barrett was asked if it is valid to consider the impact of a decision along with whether or not it is Constitutional, she answered yes.

It is also unfortunate that we live in a country where a ruling is made with consideration as to whether it will upset blacks, even when the ruling upholds the Constitution, but this is where we find ourselves. Perhaps once the country speaks up on Tuesday and lets the Democrats know their identity politics has been rejected, we can stop making decisions based on how specific identity groups will react Instead of what is best for Americans as a whole.

Not to mention that I HATED being thought of as the 'affirmative action' employee by my male coworkers in the jobs I've had that were typically dominated by men. I got those jobs not due to AA but usually because the boss was desperate to fill the position and I was the best qualified to do it. And I worked my ass off proving to him he did the right thing by hiring me. But because of AA, some of my male coworkers never believed I really deserved my job.
True. As long as Affirmative Action exists, women & minorities will never be considered equal, or even fully qualified. I have had people sneer at me thinking, as a veteran and 1/2 Mexican Hispanic, I received AA. I never did, and I never even filled out an AA questionairre, considering it to be an insult, but they never knew that.

When black children are taught that they don't have the same opportunities as others because they are black, many will believe that.

Are they actually taught that? We have Black members on this board …. I am curious as to what they were taught and what they taught their children.

When white children are taught that they are automatically guilty of white supremacy because they are white, many will believe that. I strongly believe that is cruel and unacceptable to teach both concepts and it deliberately and intentionally perpetuates racism.
I would agree, so let’s look at how these complicated issues are discussed in classrooms rather than automatically them and in process sanitizing people’s experiences.

Nobody will ever become colorblind any more than we don't notice blonds, brunettes, bald, fat, slim, tall, short. I notice when people have certain ethnic features just as the Roman nose or the Asian eyes or the typical middle easterner or those of Hispanic heritage or the unique features of American Indians and India Indians. I notice short, tall, etc. But I don't have to judge or treat people different based on those physical characteristics. I believe I treat everybody just the same. Skin color should be of no more importance than hair color or eye color.
I agree, but how do we get there?

And I believe that will become the norm if we stop forcing people to mentally and systematically divide people into different groups based on gender, race, ethnicity or whatever. Racism will never cease to exist so long as we force people to see it as criteria for anything. Skin color should be no more important to anybody than hair color or eye color.

I don’t think we are forcing it. I think it still exists. Just for example look at some of what is openly said on these boards.

A lot of the issues that have become contentious are events, attitudes and actions that exist in living memory. There are people alive who experienced Jim Crowe for example…and worse. You can’t just erase it and them to get over it.

And imo, kid’s are the best path forward, towards a color blind society, but only if they are allowed to learn what it’s like to be the other, empathy and recognize what they have in common, in an age appropriate way. This applies to more than just race. It is acknowledging that there are differences, understanding them and moving beyond them. But you need all three steps.

It led to horrendous abuses, including rounding up and deporting American citizens.

Are they actually taught that? We have Black members on this board …. I am curious as to what they were taught and what they taught their children.

I would agree, so let’s look at how these complicated issues are discussed in classrooms rather than automatically them and in process sanitizing people’s experiences.

I agree, but how do we get there?

I don’t think we are forcing it. I think it still exists. Just for example look at some of what is openly said on these boards.

A lot of the issues that have become contentious are events, attitudes and actions that exist in living memory. There are people alive who experienced Jim Crowe for example…and worse. You can’t just erase it and them to get over it.

And imo, kid’s are the best path forward, towards a color blind society, but only if they are allowed to learn what it’s like to be the other, empathy and recognize what they have in common, in an age appropriate way. This applies to more than just race. It is acknowledging that there are differences, understanding them and moving beyond them. But you need all three steps.
How about we just let kids be kids and play together and work together as kids instead of pointing out to them that so and so is 'different' and we must be extra careful what we say and be empathetic to him/her? How about the policy be that racism isn't discussed or pushed or emphasized or any other factor in the experience of being kids? If some kid emulates his racist role models or is unkind to anybody, all the teacher has to say is don't do that. It isn't nice. It isn't allowed.

Honest history books will teach about slavery and segregation and Jim Crow laws and all the uglies and will also teach that good Americans fought a bloody war and then worked together to end all that and make sure all Americans had an equal right to be the best they could be. And the teacher will explain how each child lives in a country in which you are allowed to be the best you can be and that's what every one of you should see as your destiny and your right to shoot for. And don't let anybody tell you anything different.

That will end racism except for a few crazies and nutjobs who will have no power or influence or ability to interfere.

How about we just let kids be kids and play together and work together as kids instead of pointing out to them that so and so is 'different' and we must be extra careful what we say and be empathetic to him/her?

Kids learn from their parents. The don’t enter life racist. Are “we” pointing differences or are parents? How do you address that especially when it becomes associated with bullying?

How about the policy be that racism isn't discussed or pushed or emphasized or any other factor in the experience of being kids? If some kid emulates his racist role models or is unkind to anybody, all the teacher has to say is don't do that. It isn't nice. It isn't allowed.

If it isn’t discussed, then what? Does it magically cease to exist? What about the kid who has experienced it? How do you handle racist bullying ( and that can work both ways)…just saying it isn’t nice, the kid will ask why?

Honest history books will teach about slavery and segregation and Jim Crow laws and all the uglies and will also teach that good Americans fought a bloody war and then worked together to end all that and make sure all Americans had an equal right to be the best they could be. And the teacher will explain how each child lives in a country in which you are allowed to be the best you can be and that's what every one of you should see as your destiny and your right to shoot for. And don't let anybody tell you anything different.

I think the job of textbooks is to be honest about the good, the bad and the ugly and the teacher’s role is in part to facilitate discussion and understanding (not deny it). And agree, every kid should be encouraged to be the best they can be.

But how should a teacher handle current events, like if a child asks about George Floyd protests?

That will end racism except for a few crazies and nutjobs who will have no power or influence or ability to interfere.

I am not as positive as you on this…look at what we see here.

Kids learn from their parents. The don’t enter life racist. Are “we” pointing differences or are parents? How do you address that especially when it becomes associated with bullying?

If it isn’t discussed, then what? Does it magically cease to exist? What about the kid who has experienced it? How do you handle racist bullying ( and that can work both ways)…just saying it isn’t nice, the kid will ask why?

I think the job of textbooks is to be honest about the good, the bad and the ugly and the teacher’s role is in part to facilitate discussion and understanding (not deny it). And agree, every kid should be encouraged to be the best they can be.

But how should a teacher handle current events, like if a child asks about George Floyd protests?

I am not as positive as you on this…look at what we see here.
Critical Race Theory being pushed by leftists absolutely has the public schools teaching kids that they are racist or victims of racism as early as kindergarten. To me that is child abuse and should be tolerable to nobody.

When it is discussed in a way that forces people to mentally or physically divide people into groups according to race, it promotes racism. It in no way ends it. It should be discussed as history, matter of factly, and the people of all races who worked together to end it should also be part of that history. So long as children or all people are forced to see each other as races instead of just people, racism will continue. And the riots of 2020 or at any other time should be taught truthfully, the terrible destruction and harm they caused as well as the event that triggered them and children should be encouraged to think critically about the best way to handle issues constructively.

My parents were products of the old south and, while they would never ever harm a black person, they were products of their culture and that was racist. Segregation or laws prohibiting marriage between races, etc. didn't bother them. It was just the way things are. My sister and I went to school where race, ethnicity, skin color was NEVER made an issue and we learned the history of our country, the good and the bad, and neither of us grew up with racist views. Children are influenced by their environment yes, but they are quite capable of adopting sensible points of view when allowed to do so.

It led to horrendous abuses, including rounding up and deporting American citizens.
Don't be ridiculous. A few mistakes occur in all large government untertakings. And they were very few and far between. ...As usual, the left exaggerates.

This tendency of the left to exaggerate has been criticized now even by CNN and the NY Times.

Operation Wetback was one of the finest things ever done by the US government, and by 1959, illegal immigration all but ceased to exist. Hopefully, when Trump (probably) is re-elected in 2024, and Republicans control both houses of Congress+ the Supreme Court, we will have another mass deportation program like Operation Wetback.

Don't be ridiculous. A few mistakes occur in all large government untertakings. And they were very few and far between. ...As usual, the left exaggerates.

This tendency of the left to exaggerate has been criticized now even by CNN and the NY Times.

Operation Wetback was one of the finest things ever done by the US government, and by 1959, illegal immigration all but ceased to exist. Hopefully, when Trump (probably) is re-elected in 2024, and Republicans control both houses of Congress+ the Supreme Court, we will have another mass deportation program like Operation Wetback.
Tell me that when you get deported and dumped in shallow water.

It was barbaric.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
If the parents are a doctor and a lawyer they had a lot more money than me growing up.

You assume automatically the kid would be discriminated against, due to your bigoted view of whites. I have a feeling I would be more out of place in that school system driving up in my 1971 skylark (in 1993) while the black kid comes in his 1988 Beemer.

Figures one of the real racists on this board (you) is obsessed with race.
I don't assume anything. I know. Money is irrelevant to this situation. Wealthy blacks face racism all the time. Ask Dr. Henry Louis Gates, a world renowned historian who got roughed up by police in his own house because a white neighbor thought he was breaking in.

Last, learn the real definition of racism and not the right wing white grievance/victimhood definition. You have a feeling, but you have never been black so your feelings don't mean jack. If that kid was driving an 88 beamer the likely chances are that he or she would have been stopped multiple times by police who assumed the car was stolen or the kid was a drug dealer. That's reality, and you want to pretend that reality does not exist to push a false narrative of white victimhood.

Are we not supposed to call people racists in zone 1?

Critical Race Theory being pushed by leftists absolutely has the public schools teaching kids that they are racist or victims of racism as early as kindergarten. To me that is child abuse and should be tolerable to nobody.

When it is discussed in a way that forces people to mentally or physically divide people into groups according to race, it promotes racism. It in no way ends it. It should be discussed as history, matter of factly, and the people of all races who worked together to end it should also be part of that history. So long as children or all people are forced to see each other as races instead of just people, racism will continue. And the riots of 2020 or at any other time should be taught truthfully, the terrible destruction and harm they caused as well as the event that triggered them and children should be encouraged to think critically about the best way to handle issues constructively.

My parents were products of the old south and, while they would never ever harm a black person, they were products of their culture and that was racist. Segregation or laws prohibiting marriage between races, etc. didn't bother them. It was just the way things are. My sister and I went to school where race, ethnicity, skin color was NEVER made an issue and we learned the history of our country, the good and the bad, and neither of us grew up with racist views. Children are influenced by their environment yes, but they are quite capable of adopting sensible points of view when allowed to do so.
CRT is not taught in public schools. And the Critical White Supremacy Theory we have been taught for decades is why we are divided now. The trruth needs to be taught so that we never again see the confusion we have now because a subculture in the white race wants to continue forcing our children to learn about a country that never existed.

You don't want to teach about the protests in 2020 accurately and this nation began by seeing people as races and nothing will be fixed until the damage LAWS AND POLICIES BASED ON RACE created. You have excused segregation as just the way things were. Well.,just the way things were got blacks murdered for no reason and white killers went free. The way things were allowed a white girl to spit in my aunts face as a little girl for no reason. That school you and your sister went to, were there any students of color there? I find it funny how those like you lie about such things. because ibn reading your post, your bias is apparent.

LOL! That is complete, utter hogwash.
The 14th Amendment has nothing to do with college admissions.
Try again. And learn the meanings of the Civil War amendments (13th, 14th and 15th Amendments) while you're at it.
He's trying to argue the equal protection part. The problem with that argument is that at the time that was written blacks had no protection. Yet racists such as Edward Blum are trying to say that a school that is majority white violates that same equal protection for white students. I'd like to see a black kid who didn't get into an HBCU when a white kid did try arguing how their 14th Amendment rights were violated. It would get laughed out of court.

Racist admissions policies will be abolished, and that’s all there is to it. Blacks and Latinos will have to be as academically gifted as white and Asian (and Jews of course) are to be admitted to prestigious programs.

As it should be.

CRT is not taught in public schools. And the Critical White Supremacy Theory we have been taught for decades is why we are divided now. The trruth needs to be taught so that we never again see the confusion we have now because a subculture in the white race wants to continue forcing our children to learn about a country that never existed.

You don't want to teach about the protests in 2020 accurately and this nation began by seeing people as races and nothing will be fixed until the damage LAWS AND POLICIES BASED ON RACE created. You have excused segregation as just the way things were. Well.,just the way things were got blacks murdered for no reason and white killers went free. The way things were allowed a white girl to spit in my aunts face as a little girl for no reason. That school you and your sister went to, were there any students of color there? I find it funny how those like you lie about such things. because ibn reading your post, your bias is apparent.
America fought a bloody civil war that among other things ended slavery and for all the time since, good people of all races, ethnicities, backgrounds have worked together to end the subsequent segregation, Jim Crow laws and other injustices in our culture and society. All that is now part of our past history and that is what should be emphasized now in education. And because good people did that, all children should be encouraged to be the best they can be at whatever moves and inspires them.

Not CRT that IS being taught in many public schools.

Forum List

Back