Zone1 The Government Had the Solution to Racial Inequality 56 Years Ago

On July 28, 1967, President Lyndon Johnson established the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders. The more common name for this is The Kerner Commission. . The Kerner Commission report was perhaps the most definitive government study done on race in the history of this nation.

The Kerner Commission was created to find out why the racial unrest happened. Instead of blaming blacks for being angry about how they were treated and inventing terms like victim mentality, the commission took a long hard look at American societal issues. The bottom line is that the Kerner Commission determined in 1968 what blacks already knew and what whites refused to hear. This quote from Nathaniel Jones, Assistant General Counsel for the Commission says it all, “One of the conclusions of the Kerner Report was that white racism was at work, was the cause of the upsets and the uprisings that we had. In fact, the report stated that white society created it, perpetuates it, and sustains it.”

In other words, “The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.” That conclusion made it possible for much of white America to ignore the findings. Once whites felt as if they were to blame for the conditions of black people in America, they resisted the conclusions of this study. President Johnson called for the research but never implemented the suggested actions. He wasted government money by increasing spending on the Vietnam war and claimed he did not have the funds to implement the types of programs proposed in the report.

As a result of this study, the commission identified 12 grievances in all the communities they visited: “1. Police practices. 2. Unemployment and underemployment. 3. Inadequate housing. 4. Inadequate education. 5. Poor recreation facilities and programs. 6. Ineffectiveness of the political structure and grievance mechanisms. 7. Disrespectful white attitudes. 8. Discriminatory administration of justice. 9. Inadequacy of federal programs. 10. Inadequacy of municipal services. 11. Discriminatory consumer and credit practices. 12. Inadequate welfare programs.”

Americans would be hard-pressed to say the grievances presented by the commission do not still exist. In fact, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute wrote an op-ed published in the February 28, 2018 edition of the New York Daily News titled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress.” After studying the Kerner Report, Rothstein stated: “So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality.”

The 1968 Kerner Commission Got It Right, But Nobody Listened​

Released 50 years ago, the infamous report found that poverty and institutional racism were driving inner-city violence

So lets look at some of the suggestions in the Kerner Commission Report.

http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.org/docs/kerner.pdf
Blacks were integrating into white society quite nicely into the 1960's. It was LBJ's "Great Society" programs that set them back.

It was predicted to happen:

The Moynihan Report generated considerable controversy and has had long-lasting and important influence. Writing to Lyndon Johnson, Moynihan argued that without access to jobs and the means to contribute meaningful support to a family, black men would become systematically alienated from their roles as husbands and fathers, which would cause rates of divorce, child abandonment and out-of-wedlock births to skyrocket in the black community (a trend that had already begun by the mid-1960s), leading to vast increases in the numbers of households headed by females

Blacks were integrating into white society quite nicely into the 1960's. It was LBJ's "Great Society" programs that set them back.

It was predicted to happen:

The Moynihan Report generated considerable controversy and has had long-lasting and important influence. Writing to Lyndon Johnson, Moynihan argued that without access to jobs and the means to contribute meaningful support to a family, black men would become systematically alienated from their roles as husbands and fathers, which would cause rates of divorce, child abandonment and out-of-wedlock births to skyrocket in the black community (a trend that had already begun by the mid-1960s), leading to vast increases in the numbers of households headed by females
You are wrong. Just like Moynihans report, which was debunked damn near right after it was publlshed. But white racists cling that instead of looking at the real problem, continuing white racism.

"In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure."

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

Whites who think like you never seem to be able to see how part of the white population has been the entire problem
Oh, I’m probably part of the problem for most minority groups… not because I look at skin tone but because I look at qualifications and willingness/capability to do whatever is necessary to succeed without help from the Government. For women it’s all about the DNA in my mind.,

Oh, I’m probably part of the problem for most minority groups… not because I look at skin tone but because I look at qualifications and willingness/capability to do whatever is necessary to succeed without help from the Government. For women it’s all about the DNA in my mind.,
LOL! You are the problem because white men are not overreprsented in every category because they are all the most qualified or willing/capable to do what it takes to succeed. Whites have received the most help from the government, yet try telling everybody else how they suceeded without government help.

Last edited:
This thread has a topic. I suggest 99% of you remind yourselves of that before you decided to post another off topic reply. Zone 1 rules apply.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Whites have received the most help from the government, yettry telling everybody else how they suceeded without government help
Considering we pay most of the taxes that would make sense. Then you have people like me… 2 years of private college without any government loans ($2750 total). Paid off the loans early. Got my wife off SSDI, SNAP, Medicare and Medicaid as soon as we married.

Considering we pay most of the taxes that would make sense. Then you have people like me… 2 years of private college without any government loans ($2750 total). Paid off the loans early. Got my wife off SSDI, SNAP, Medicare and Medicaid as soon as we married.
I got no government funding for college, either - not even a loan.

Blacks don’t need any help beyond equal opportunity. And that they have.

This DEI stuff, which penalizes whites, is racist and should be abolished.

Blacks paid taxes for programs we were excluded from that helped whites accumulate wealth. You couldn't go to 2 years of private college today for 2,750 dollars. Inone sentence you say you didn't get government loans to go to colege, the next one you say you paid off your loans early. Medicare an medicaid are programs we pay into. Your position is foolish, we pay taxes, we should get more for what we pay than an army.

You couldn't go to 2 years of private college today for 2,750 dollars. Inone sentence you say you didn't get government loans to go to colegez
none sentence you say you didn't get government loans to go to colege, the next one you say you paid off your loans early
I wrote that poorly. My two years of college 1992-94 cost about $45-50K total. It was all paid for privately… scholarships, cash, and $2750 of private loans. No government money.,
. Medicare a medicaid are programs we pay into. Your position is foolish, we pay taxes, we should get more for what we pay than an army
We should get 17 things. They’re listed in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution; and none of them are related to education or medical care.

I wrote that poorly. My two years of college 1992-94 cost about $45-50K total. It was all paid for privately… scholarships, cash, and $2750 of private loans. No government money.,

We should get 17 things. They’re listed in Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution; and none of them are related to education or medical care.
You missed the necessary and proper clause. Most of you bootleg constitutional "experts" miss it.

Blacks paid taxes for programs we were excluded from that helped whites accumulate wealth. You couldn't go to 2 years of private college today for 2,750 dollars. Inone sentence you say you didn't get government loans to go to colege, the next one you say you paid off your loans early. Medicare an medicaid are programs we pay into. Your position is foolish, we pay taxes, we should get more for what we pay than an army.
I'm sorry you have to deal with all of these white trash scumbags, even today in 2024.

Nobody cares what LBJ's handpicked Race baiters had to say. That's why the Kerner Commission Report was dismissed.
More silliness that perpetuates horrors. How do you live with yourself.

Either REJECT LBJ or reject Kerner

"The biggest stamp of disapproval, however, came from President Johnson. Though he created the commission, he saw its accusations as a slap in the face to his own legislation against poverty in the past. Johnson ultimately rejected the report, and its suggestions were not pursued."

You missed the necessary and proper clause. Most of you bootleg constitutional "experts" miss it.
This was debated to death by Jefferson and Hamilton (on opposing sides) "necessary and proper" whatever it means DOES NOT MEAN
that the only discussion is how to do things and not what should in fact be done.,

Most N&P initiatives have hurt Blacks seriously. We now have rotten education for Blacks, many broken families, possibly the highest abortion rate in the nation. When people like Jesse Jackson sold out to make some dough and become 'movie stars" it all went to sht.

Get the family back ,support choice in education. STOP the aborton holocaust in the Black community

The country provides what is “necessary“ already. And who are YOU to define what is “proper”?

After black people finally got their civil rights back, over 100 years after the civil war, Nixon started the war on drugs, which targets blacks and hippies. The people he hated the most. Freed blacks and hippies, protesting the Vietnam war.

This increased the prison population several fold. All of this happened after the 1960s, and Reagan gutted the working class with his supply-side trickle down economics.

R.jpg

Dit-PP1XcAEYrgs.jpg

Our economy went from one based on manufacturing tangible goods and services (MADE IN THE USA), to Wall Street and Finance. Tens of thousands of factories closed down, and were turned into warehouse-distribution centers for cheap, crappy imported products from China, Bangladesh and Central America.

America's capitalist-imperialist elites (The big money), who are mostly whites, many of them are now Jewish Zionists, want to ferment racial division, while also emasculating working-class males. Keep the peasants fighting each other and turn working-class males into women who will shop more, filling their closets with boots of various colors and their bathroom counters with creams and perfumes, 4 different shampoos and conditioners.

So they pretend our biggest problem is a conflict between races, sexism, and homophobia. They're for open immigration, in order to have access to cheap labor and create turmoil between working-class Whites, Blacks, and Latinos. All of this is related to economics, and socioeconomic class, not racial conflict, sexism, or homophobia. It's all economic, and fermented by the ruling class.

Last edited:
I didn’t miss it at all. Nor did I miss the phrase “general welfare and common defense”.

What you, and so many others simply refuse to accept is that the seventeen specific items listed in Article I, Section 8 ARE the exclusive list of “Powers” noted in the necessary and proper clause and the general welfare clause.

I didn’t miss it at all. Nor did I miss the phrase “general welfare and common defense”.

What you, and so many others simply refuse to accept is that the seventeen specific items listed in Article I, Section 8 ARE the exclusive list of “Powers” noted in the necessary and proper clause and the general welfare clause.
Nope. I don't miss anything.

Forum List

Back