This nonsense about Obama not being plagued by Scandal

My post got lost in the depths of sarcasm.

The president will not be held accountable for any of his actions. As no president ever has. Pardons are issued forthwith immediately and the scandals are quickly forgotten. These scandals will not hold bearing on his presidency because of the spin by MSM.

I find it interesting that so many try and claim Obama will be remembered as a great President. Based on what? A majority of the country no longer trusts the man because he obsessively lies, and he did that all by himself, no spin was needed.
Well, he'll be the first successful gun-runner President.

Oh, wait. Running guns to criminal drug cartels isn't a scandal. My bad.

I believe he will in the short term be remembered as an incompetent let down. I feel that will be his ex supporters decision when all his policies *keep* failing. In the long term he will just be one of the bigger corrupted constitution destroying Presidents who lead by what polled well that month rather than what policy makes people better off long term. Welfare, helps today, hurts them next year, and the next year.... and the next.... and the next...... But it wins you votes!

I find it interesting that so many try and claim Obama will be remembered as a great President. Based on what? A majority of the country no longer trusts the man because he obsessively lies, and he did that all by himself, no spin was needed.

I believe he will in the short term be remembered as an incompetent let down. I feel that will be his ex supporters decision when all his policies *keep* failing. In the long term he will just be one of the bigger corrupted constitution destroying Presidents who lead by what polled well that month rather than what policy makes people better off long term. Welfare, helps today, hurts them next year, and the next year.... and the next.... and the next...... But it wins you votes!

Well the GOP has gotta win also.

Well the GOP has gotta win also.

I agree, welfare, spending money stolen from people that actually produce something, has been a way for many Presidents to buy votes. Bush and the GOP did it as well as Obama and the DNC... As you know we can keep going back in time and it's a pattern. The more votes that are bought through welfare and unconstitutional programs like the Bailouts, stimulus, TSA, DoE, ACA, MC/MC/SS the more poor the nation as a whole has become... Of course each program was sold as a way to make life better despite warning from the FF, many economists and of course history itself.

So good point, Dems and Reps are very similar, Bush and Obama really went out of their way to prove that.

Sorry, but I think the nation as a whole determines if something is a scandal, and frankly he has had landmines, yes. But he hasn't had monumental fuck-ups. Just this one time I will say I do not believe "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" was a lie. He was proven wrong.

It is difficult for me to have this conversation with people who believe nothing he does is right. That's just as illogical as 'everything he does is right.' Obviously an untruth in either instance.
I disagree. The very definition states otherwise.

IF fully half the nation wishes to back their guy, and then claim that any scandal isn't just because they don't wish it to be, then we have no level at which a scandal can occur.

Far more than half of the people in this nation have found these to be morally wrong, and legally questionable. By anyone's standard, that qualifies as a scandal. I haven't even tapped into the illicit alteration of signed law....

Sorry, no. I mean, yes obviously; FOX has done an excellent job of whipping up their many viewers. Obviously it would be wrong of me to Godwin here, but just because all manner of people have reached the same conclusion, it doesn't mean it's the right conclusion.

And I see you completely ignored my second paragraph.
Of course I ignored it. It does not pertain to Me. I don't subscribe to the notion that everything he does is wrong, which is why I pick the threads I post in semi-carefully. (I occasionally see an opportunity for humor in other threads)

I also do not subscribe to the notion that Fox News is nothing more than an Obama hunt machine. But for every occasion where Fox News runs a story on one of these scandals, the other stations can be sure to ignore it. So we have one half the population given little to zero information on the wrong-doings of this administration (it would be 180 degrees if this were a Republican administration) and the other half given more than necessary information and we combine the two and discover that those who actually have adequate information on these scandals, actually do consider them, "Scandals".

The purpose of this thread is to inform forum goers that their efforts to dismiss these scandals as not; are essentially a waste of time. People have made up their minds on these things, and they don't all favor Obama.

Last edited:

I don't disagree.

Sorry, but I think the nation as a whole determines if something is a scandal, and frankly he has had landmines, yes. But he hasn't had monumental fuck-ups. Just this one time I will say I do not believe "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" was a lie. He was proven wrong.

It is difficult for me to have this conversation with people who believe nothing he does is right. That's just as illogical as 'everything he does is right.' Obviously an untruth in either instance.

The denial from the Obama fluffers is difficult to comprehend.

Do you suppose anyone noticed how the Christie bridge thing got more media coverage in one week than the Benghazi cluster fuck got in over a year?

The president will not be held accountable for any of his actions. As no president ever has. Pardons are issued forthwith immediately and the scandals are quickly forgotten. These scandals will not hold bearing on his presidency because of the spin by MSM.
Well, you are right about that. None of our Presidents are held accountable. Though, correct Me if I am wrong, to be pardoned, you'd have to convicted of a crime and I've made no mention of impeaching Obama. In fact, it would be a waste of time and resources.

Well, you are right about that. None of our Presidents are held accountable. Though, correct Me if I am wrong, to be pardoned, you'd have to convicted of a crime and I've made no mention of impeaching Obama. In fact, it would be a waste of time and resources.

That was merely in reference to past presidents.

"Landmines", Boop? You say that like it's a good thing! Obama has had scandals...he's had a BUNCH of them and none of them have been minor or inconsequential.

As for Barry's "If you like your insurance, you can keep it PERIOD!" statement? In order for that NOT to be a lie...Barack Obama would have to be totally clueless as to what was actually IN the Affordable Care Act. So pick your poison...you've either got a President who knowingly lied about the ACA because he knew if he didn't it wouldn't get passed...or you've got a President who doesn't understand how his signature piece of legislation really works. Quite frankly...if I were an Obama supporter...I'd go with the knowingly lied scenario because if he wasn't lying then Barack Obama is showing an embarrassing level of ignorance about something he should know EVERYTHING about!

why did you fucks all run and hide once fast and furious got national attention?

because it outed the plethora of republican LIES

Well asshole. The only reason FF died was because Barry Boy used Executive Privilidge to quash the investigation. He had to save his pal Holders ass and thats just what he did. He could care about that murdered Border Patrol Agent.

Oh wait. I forgot. You don't give a shit either. Never mind.

Of course we have the NSA and the IRS not to mention his State Departments incompetence on Benghazi.

Oh wait. I forgot. You could care less about those four dead men. "What difference does it Make."

why did you fucks all run and hide once fast and furious got national attention?

So the Obama administration didn't run Fast and Furious? Holder didn't lie about what he knew about it? People didn't die because of it?

Is this the new tactic of the lemmings? That the scandals that have plagued this Administration are not scandals? Can we now say then, that any supporter of any ideology or political party can simply just denounce a scandal by declaring it not?

For those who are word challenged..

scan·dal

noun \ˈskan-dəl\ : an occurrence in which people are shocked and upset because of behavior that is morally or legally wrong
: talk about the shocking or immoral things that people have done or are believed to have done
: something that is shocking, upsetting, or unacceptable
In each of Obama's scandals, the definition fits it perfectly.

Gun Running to drug lords is both illegal and immoral and quite upsetting to people who happen to think that kind of behavior and action by our government is wrong. Please do not make reference to not being prosecuted as proof that it is not illegal. IT will make you look stupid.

Election tampering is considered illegal and immoral by just about everyone. I say just about because....hmmmm.....*Points at the members of the USMB progressive attack squad* However, purposely denying a political ideology a voice in an upcoming election, and purposefully keeping them from participation for the purpose of winning an election meets anyone's definition of scandal, most assuredly, the one I just posted.

The deliberate misleading of the American people through lies of omission, or outright lies, is hard for any decent human being to accept.

When you purposefully omit the reason for why an embassy was attacked, the fore-knowledge this administration had of that attack, and the blame for the death of a top US diplomat, on an innocent man, these actions become almost criminal. They definitely fall under the category and definition of scandal.

In addition to those lies of omission, we have the outright and deliberate lie told to the American people about the healthcare packages that were in the offering on the newly glitched healthcare program. Note that I did not say website. The entire law is nothing but a huge glitch. This too, now falls under scandal.

Why didn't I include the NSA wiretapping scandal? Because that one is not wholly owned by Obama, and George Bush needs to takes some blame for that one, along with every Congressman Senator. This is what happens when you write laws fast without careful thought to placing safeguards on liberty.

Which is about 95% of what has been passed in Congress for the past 10 years.

Have a nice day.

Your description of the FF pseudo-scandal is one of the reason it's phony. There was no gun running to drug lords by the Feds, or the ATF.

Is this the new tactic of the lemmings? That the scandals that have plagued this Administration are not scandals? Can we now say then, that any supporter of any ideology or political party can simply just denounce a scandal by declaring it not?

For those who are word challenged..

scan·dal

noun \ˈskan-dəl\ : an occurrence in which people are shocked and upset because of behavior that is morally or legally wrong
: talk about the shocking or immoral things that people have done or are believed to have done
: something that is shocking, upsetting, or unacceptable
In each of Obama's scandals, the definition fits it perfectly.

Gun Running to drug lords is both illegal and immoral and quite upsetting to people who happen to think that kind of behavior and action by our government is wrong. Please do not make reference to not being prosecuted as proof that it is not illegal. IT will make you look stupid.

Election tampering is considered illegal and immoral by just about everyone. I say just about because....hmmmm.....*Points at the members of the USMB progressive attack squad* However, purposely denying a political ideology a voice in an upcoming election, and purposefully keeping them from participation for the purpose of winning an election meets anyone's definition of scandal, most assuredly, the one I just posted.

The deliberate misleading of the American people through lies of omission, or outright lies, is hard for any decent human being to accept.

When you purposefully omit the reason for why an embassy was attacked, the fore-knowledge this administration had of that attack, and the blame for the death of a top US diplomat, on an innocent man, these actions become almost criminal. They definitely fall under the category and definition of scandal.

In addition to those lies of omission, we have the outright and deliberate lie told to the American people about the healthcare packages that were in the offering on the newly glitched healthcare program. Note that I did not say website. The entire law is nothing but a huge glitch. This too, now falls under scandal.

Why didn't I include the NSA wiretapping scandal? Because that one is not wholly owned by Obama, and George Bush needs to takes some blame for that one, along with every Congressman Senator. This is what happens when you write laws fast without careful thought to placing safeguards on liberty.

Which is about 95% of what has been passed in Congress for the past 10 years.

Have a nice day.

Your description of the FF pseudo-scandal is one of the reason it's phony. There was no gun running to drug lords by the Feds, or the ATF.
The evidence says otherwise, and there is video of Holder his-self claiming that the original program (run under Bush, but with full authority of the Mexican government) was not the same program as F&F ran by Holder & Co. The real scandal in that is not only the quashing of an investigation for political reasons, but the fact that a border agent was killed by their recklessness.

Even if no criminal charges can be brought to bear, the act and program was clearly immoral, and it does border on illegal. Both are key components of a scandal.

Sorry, but you (not you personally) cannot simply wave a hand and say, "Pshaw" and magically make it go away.

People ARE outraged and they DO want answers.

So much for the most transparent admin in our history, eh?

If the Republicans are lying about F&F, why did Obama seal the records when the investigation was reaching it's peak? Something to hide perhaps?

Forum List

Back