This nonsense about Obama not being plagued by Scandal

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Is this the new tactic of the lemmings? That the scandals that have plagued this Administration are not scandals? Can we now say then, that any supporter of any ideology or political party can simply just denounce a scandal by declaring it not?

For those who are word challenged..

scan·dal

noun \ˈskan-dəl\ : an occurrence in which people are shocked and upset because of behavior that is morally or legally wrong
: talk about the shocking or immoral things that people have done or are believed to have done
: something that is shocking, upsetting, or unacceptable
In each of Obama's scandals, the definition fits it perfectly.

Gun Running to drug lords is both illegal and immoral and quite upsetting to people who happen to think that kind of behavior and action by our government is wrong. Please do not make reference to not being prosecuted as proof that it is not illegal. IT will make you look stupid.

Election tampering is considered illegal and immoral by just about everyone. I say just about because....hmmmm.....*Points at the members of the USMB progressive attack squad* However, purposely denying a political ideology a voice in an upcoming election, and purposefully keeping them from participation for the purpose of winning an election meets anyone's definition of scandal, most assuredly, the one I just posted.

The deliberate misleading of the American people through lies of omission, or outright lies, is hard for any decent human being to accept.

When you purposefully omit the reason for why an embassy was attacked, the fore-knowledge this administration had of that attack, and the blame for the death of a top US diplomat, on an innocent man, these actions become almost criminal. They definitely fall under the category and definition of scandal.

In addition to those lies of omission, we have the outright and deliberate lie told to the American people about the healthcare packages that were in the offering on the newly glitched healthcare program. Note that I did not say website. The entire law is nothing but a huge glitch. This too, now falls under scandal.

Why didn't I include the NSA wiretapping scandal? Because that one is not wholly owned by Obama, and George Bush needs to takes some blame for that one, along with every Congressman Senator. This is what happens when you write laws fast without careful thought to placing safeguards on liberty.

Which is about 95% of what has been passed in Congress for the past 10 years.

Have a nice day.

why did you fucks all run and hide once fast and furious got national attention?

because it outed the plethora of republican LIES

Sorry, but I think the nation as a whole determines if something is a scandal, and frankly he has had landmines, yes. But he hasn't had monumental fuck-ups. Just this one time I will say I do not believe "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" was a lie. He was proven wrong.

It is difficult for me to have this conversation with people who believe nothing he does is right. That's just as illogical as 'everything he does is right.' Obviously an untruth in either instance.

It's just that there seems to be so many lies. Every time something goes wrong due to incompetence it's just another lie by the Republicans to slander the president. So many lies. How come not even one could be true? The possibility that maybe incompetent people are in charge of things for which they have no real experience. But of course these people are just doing their job and there's nothing wrong with how the government handles anything. Any nay sayer is just lying and any documents they show are obviously falsified but the poorly rendered picture of a birth certificate from a state that hands out birth certificates to anyone with an address is obviously a certifiable truth. All these liars running around really need to just quit bad mouthing our president.

(Insert revelation of sarcasm here)

Sorry, but I think the nation as a whole determines if something is a scandal, and frankly he has had landmines, yes. But he hasn't had monumental fuck-ups. Just this one time I will say I do not believe "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" was a lie. He was proven wrong.

It is difficult for me to have this conversation with people who believe nothing he does is right. That's just as illogical as 'everything he does is right.' Obviously an untruth in either instance.
I disagree. The very definition states otherwise.

IF fully half the nation wishes to back their guy, and then claim that any scandal isn't just because they don't wish it to be, then we have no level at which a scandal can occur.

Far more than half of the people in this nation have found these to be morally wrong, and legally questionable. By anyone's standard, that qualifies as a scandal. I haven't even tapped into the illicit alteration of signed law....

fake scandals that BIT the republicans in the ass

face facts asshole

And more brilliant debate by the board's own Corky.

77,000 and counting folks! The cat lady is out for bear. See you at 100,000!

:piss2:

Unless she gets hit by the "hammer which must not be named" for her inability to keep here thoughts in one post at a time, as opposed to the 3 post spam she does to get across 1/2 a thought.

I find it interesting that so many try and claim Obama will be remembered as a great President. Based on what? A majority of the country no longer trusts the man because he obsessively lies, and he did that all by himself, no spin was needed.

fake scandals that BIT the republicans in the ass

face facts asshole

Unless she gets hit by the "hammer which must not be named" for her inability to keep here thoughts in one post at a time, as opposed to the 3 post spam she does to get across 1/2 a thought.

You get a better post # accumulation.

It's just that there seems to be so many lies. Every time something goes wrong due to incompetence it's just another lie by the Republicans to slander the president. So many lies. How come not even one could be true? The possibility that maybe incompetent people are in charge of things for which they have no real experience. But of course these people are just doing their job and there's nothing wrong with how the government handles anything. Any nay sayer is just lying and any documents they show are obviously falsified but the poorly rendered picture of a birth certificate from a state that hands out birth certificates to anyone with an address is obviously a certifiable truth. All these liars running around really need to just quit bad mouthing our president.

In order for your assertion to be true, these republicans would have to be making things up out of whole cloth. In fact, each incident I have detailed (and I left about three off the list) have actually happened AND have actually been morally or legally questionable.

Now, do you really want to have public discourse set up so that all that is needed to prevent a scandal is for one side or the other to just dismiss it?

How would the left have gotten rid of so much hatred they held for George Bush if that were the case? OR Sarah Palin for that matter...

I find it interesting that so many try and claim Obama will be remembered as a great President. Based on what? A majority of the country no longer trusts the man because he obsessively lies, and he did that all by himself, no spin was needed.

We still remember Nixon and Hoover.

You get a better post # accumulation.

its also spam, and against the rules.

Well, he'll be the first successful gun-runner President.

Oh, wait. Running guns to criminal drug cartels isn't a scandal. My bad.

I disagree. The very definition states otherwise.

IF fully half the nation wishes to back their guy, and then claim that any scandal isn't just because they don't wish it to be, then we have no level at which a scandal can occur.

Far more than half of the people in this nation have found these to be morally wrong, and legally questionable. By anyone's standard, that qualifies as a scandal. I haven't even tapped into the illicit alteration of signed law....

Sorry, no. I mean, yes obviously; FOX has done an excellent job of whipping up their many viewers. Obviously it would be wrong of me to Godwin here, but just because all manner of people have reached the same conclusion, it doesn't mean it's the right conclusion.

And I see you completely ignored my second paragraph.

What lies? Obama has been losing his base, he lost the youth... Obama lost the confidence of people that have not already voted Democrat their whole life and never plan to vote any different.

Either Obama is the most un-respected President in US history by their own admin, or he hides out because of fear until his writers make something up for him to say.

Well, he'll be the first successful gun-runner President.

Oh, wait. Running guns to criminal drug cartels isn't a scandal. My bad.

Considering it began during Boosh, why should it be you're bad?

Forum List

Back