This nonsense about Obama not being plagued by Scandal

Is this the new tactic of the lemmings? That the scandals that have plagued this Administration are not scandals? Can we now say then, that any supporter of any ideology or political party can simply just denounce a scandal by declaring it not?

For those who are word challenged..

In each of Obama's scandals, the definition fits it perfectly.

Gun Running to drug lords is both illegal and immoral and quite upsetting to people who happen to think that kind of behavior and action by our government is wrong. Please do not make reference to not being prosecuted as proof that it is not illegal. IT will make you look stupid.

Election tampering is considered illegal and immoral by just about everyone. I say just about because....hmmmm.....*Points at the members of the USMB progressive attack squad* However, purposely denying a political ideology a voice in an upcoming election, and purposefully keeping them from participation for the purpose of winning an election meets anyone's definition of scandal, most assuredly, the one I just posted.

The deliberate misleading of the American people through lies of omission, or outright lies, is hard for any decent human being to accept.

When you purposefully omit the reason for why an embassy was attacked, the fore-knowledge this administration had of that attack, and the blame for the death of a top US diplomat, on an innocent man, these actions become almost criminal. They definitely fall under the category and definition of scandal.

In addition to those lies of omission, we have the outright and deliberate lie told to the American people about the healthcare packages that were in the offering on the newly glitched healthcare program. Note that I did not say website. The entire law is nothing but a huge glitch. This too, now falls under scandal.

Why didn't I include the NSA wiretapping scandal? Because that one is not wholly owned by Obama, and George Bush needs to takes some blame for that one, along with every Congressman Senator. This is what happens when you write laws fast without careful thought to placing safeguards on liberty.

Which is about 95% of what has been passed in Congress for the past 10 years.

Have a nice day.

Your description of the FF pseudo-scandal is one of the reason it's phony. There was no gun running to drug lords by the Feds, or the ATF.
The evidence says otherwise, and there is video of Holder his-self claiming that the original program (run under Bush, but with full authority of the Mexican government) was not the same program as F&F ran by Holder & Co. The real scandal in that is not only the quashing of an investigation for political reasons, but the fact that a border agent was killed by their recklessness.

Even if no criminal charges can be brought to bear, the act and program was clearly immoral, and it does border on illegal. Both are key components of a scandal.

Sorry, but you (not you personally) cannot simply wave a hand and say, "Pshaw" and magically make it go away.

People ARE outraged and they DO want answers.

So much for the most transparent admin in our history, eh?

Customers can legally buy as many weapons as they want in Arizona as long as they're 18 or older and pass a criminal background check. There are no waiting periods and no need for permits, and buyers are allowed to resell the guns. "In Arizona," says Voth, "someone buying three guns is like someone buying a sandwich."

By 2009 the Sinaloa drug cartel had made Phoenix its gun supermarket and recruited young Americans as its designated shoppers or straw purchasers. Voth and his agents began investigating a group of buyers, some not even old enough to buy beer, whose members were plunking down as much as $20,000 in cash to purchase up to 20 semiautomatics at a time, and then delivering the weapons to others.

The agents faced numerous obstacles in what they dubbed the Fast and Furious case. (They named it after the street-racing movie because the suspects drag raced cars together.) Their greatest difficulty by far, however, was convincing prosecutors that they had sufficient grounds to seize guns and arrest straw purchasers. By June 2010 the agents had sent the U.S. Attorney's office a list of 31 suspects they wanted to arrest, with 46 pages outlining their illegal acts. But for the next seven months prosecutors did not indict a single suspect.

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

No Gun Running by the Government. Phony scandal.

The fact that only 25% give a rat's ass about these "scandals" is proof that the media covers up for Obama. And no one EVER comments upon his misstatements over 'if you like your insurance' or NSA domestic spying .... I mean they are NEVER discussed.

It's clear the American public are just too stupid and beholden to the govt tit to be trusted with things like electing senators.

I weep.

Sorry, but I think the nation as a whole determines if something is a scandal, and frankly he has had landmines, yes. But he hasn't had monumental fuck-ups. Just this one time I will say I do not believe "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" was a lie. He was proven wrong.

It is difficult for me to have this conversation with people who believe nothing he does is right. That's just as illogical as 'everything he does is right.' Obviously an untruth in either instance.

The problem with your position is that until or unless he admits it when he's wrong or fesses up to wrong doing or accepts responsibility when he does fuck up or has fucked up we are never sure that what we suspect and allege is really true or just smoke.

So, we keep making these allegations and because of that kind of game playing dynamic you can continue ignoring our allegations as though he has done NOTHING wrong.

He maintains his base of support from those like you who are willing to bend over (backwards or not) in his defense.

He skates away, besieged by words and suspicion but untouched.

And then he continues his perfidy.

And even though he uses you and folks like you as pawns, it is WE, who are the losers in his game.

Ever play the game, Battleship?

If your opponent never discloses when he's been hit he will never lose the game.

That is how he cheats in the game he's playing with America.

He never admits to anything that would indicate he has been hit.

So, he gets some seawater splashed on his decks and he may get covered with gunpowder soot from the big guns being fired for and against him, yet he continues on.

And as bad as he's been so far, I'm guessing we haven't seen the worst of his deeds.

The only question for you is how long will you suspend disbelief while continuing to give him the benefit of the doubt?

All the while taking the slings and arrows meant to scuttle his command?

Last edited:
Sorry, but I think the nation as a whole determines if something is a scandal, and frankly he has had landmines, yes. But he hasn't had monumental fuck-ups. Just this one time I will say I do not believe "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" was a lie. He was proven wrong.

It is difficult for me to have this conversation with people who believe nothing he does is right. That's just as illogical as 'everything he does is right.' Obviously an untruth in either instance.
I disagree. The very definition states otherwise.

IF fully half the nation wishes to back their guy, and then claim that any scandal isn't just because they don't wish it to be, then we have no level at which a scandal can occur.

Far more than half of the people in this nation have found these to be morally wrong, and legally questionable. By anyone's standard, that qualifies as a scandal. I haven't even tapped into the illicit alteration of signed law....
What about now?

Forum List

Back