An interesting law - will it be enforced?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Did you know that when Obama said, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period.", while knowing it wouldn't be true for a great many people, but saying it anyway because he needed to trick people into supporting his health care scheme.....

...he was committing a Federal crime???

18 U.S. Code § 1035 - False statements relating to health care matters | LII / Legal Information Institute

U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 47 › § 1035
18 U.S. CODE § 1035 - FALSE STATEMENTS RELATING TO HEALTH CARE MATTERS

(a) Whoever, in any matter involving a health care benefit program, knowingly and willfully—
(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact; or
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements or representations, or makes or uses any materially false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry,
in connection with the delivery of or payment for health care benefits, items, or services, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
(b) As used in this section, the term “health care benefit program” has the meaning given such term in section 24 (b) of this title.

24(b) As used in this title, the term “health care benefit program” means any public or private plan or contract, affecting commerce, under which any medical benefit, item, or service is provided to any individual, and includes any individual or entity who is providing a medical benefit, item, or service for which payment may be made under the plan or contract.

I'm sure that will be enforced, just as rigorously as our border laws have been enforced.

I have to wonder.

If someone actually brought suit in a Federal court against Barack Obama under this law...

...on what grounds would it be dismissed?

Obama didn't need support for Obamacare the dems were bought off. What he wanted was affirmation that he was right. His narcissism drove him to repeat a lie. Kind of like saying "love me" I know what is good for you. His "lie" made no difference in the vote, in my opinion. The moderate democrats were bought off to support the bill. Remember the "corn husker kickback?" Buying off people for votes, now that is something that needs to be made unlawful. But if that happened our government would grind to a stop.

give it up

you have no idea what your talking about.

Why wasn't Bush prosecuted under that law for lying us into war?

Oh its a healthcare only law huh?

dear idiot Obama is not an insurance provider

Wow, Little Acorn! Have you found the golden egg?! What is it the president can be impeached upon? High Crimes and Misdemeanors?

shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

What do the posters think of this? I would say that this lie he continued to use to get elected certainly qualifies.

because its bullshit

LMAO... That code looks as if it was written with Obama's lies in mind! Read it carefully!

I think we have a winner. And Obama could finally be crowned the loser. Someone call Issa! It has been well established that Obama lied and he even apologized.

one more dream of a fake scandal

Maybe someday you will actually find a REAL scandal huh.

Maybe that is why you vote for Rs

Obama didn't need support for Obamacare the dems were bought off. What he wanted was affirmation that he was right. His narcissism drove him to repeat a lie. Kind of like saying "love me" I know what is good for you. His "lie" made no difference in the vote, in my opinion. The moderate democrats were bought off to support the bill. Remember the "corn husker kickback?" Buying off people for votes, now that is something that needs to be made unlawful. But if that happened our government would grind to a stop.
Actually, the only people Obama did lie to (other than the American people) is the Democrats. Not a single Republican bought his lies or voted for the law.

Wow, Little Acorn! Have you found the golden egg?! What is it the president can be impeached upon? High Crimes and Misdemeanors?

What do the posters think of this? I would say that this lie he continued to use to get elected certainly qualifies.

Is anyone not afraid of the black man enough to actually make this an issue?

I doubt that.

A congressman was just caught with cocaine. Cocaine! The laws do not apply to these people. Any regular guy walking around with cocaine would be booked and in prison right now.

I doubt that.

Obama is not an insurance provider.

it was not him who decided to DROP customers.

The insurers had that power.

he can not be held responsible for their actions you idiot

I doubt that.

Obama is not an insurance provider.

it was not him who decided to DROP customers.

The insurers had that power.

he can not be held responsible for their actions you idiot

the law he signed required them to drop the policies. If the law wasnt signed by him, they wouldnt have had to do it.

Forum List

Back