Was Obama right? "unemployment insurance creates new jobs"?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
In my town there are help wanted signs all over the place and not just at McDonalds.
Now it probably helps I live in a state with an unemployment rate of 6.2% one of the lowest in the country AND no state income tax.. BUT still there are
jobs at $44,000 a year for a store manager at Aldi's.

So did as Obama suggests unemployment insurance CREATE THESE JOBS???

With headlines like these proclaiming...
"People Not In Labor Force Soar To Record 91.8 Million; Participation Rate Plunges To 1978 Levels"
People Not In Labor Force Soar To Record 91.8 Million; Participation Rate Plunges To 1978 Levels | Zero Hedge

It probably doesn't HELP when Obama encourages people to be on unemployment checks by saying..
"Independent economists have shown that extending emergency unemployment insurance actually helps the economy, actually creates new jobs. When folks like Katherine have a little more to spend to turn up the heat in her house or buy a few extra groceries, that means more spending with businesses in her local community, which in turn may inspire that business to hire one more person, maybe Kathy (sp).
Transcript: President Obama?s Jan. 7 remarks on unemployment insurance extension - The Washington Post

Again Obama has an administration that IS ACTIVELY working to INCREASE UNEMPLOYMENT!
1) He wants to bankrupt utilities. "If somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them.."
2) He wants to put 400,000 people in health insurance companies out of work: ""I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program"
3) He wants "higher gas prices, just not so quickly" LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly

Finally does OBAMA have any clue as to where the funds come from that pay the unemployment benefits????
Obviously never having been an executive running a business HE doesn't know a thing about FUTA... yet he is the president!

If Obama thinks naively that paying people NOT to work is good for the economy.."unemployment insurance actually helps the economy, actually creates new jobs."...
this is a very sad commentary on his intelligence.. his ineptness and definitely his woeful lack of how jobs are created! Certainly not by unemployment insurance!

Remember that Obama is a lawyer. What he means is unemployment insurance when extended to years on end results in more jobs being available for people who do want to work. IOW many of the people who can live on unemployment will quit or get themselves laid off so they can get paid to not work and vote democrat. Their prior employers then create new jobs for the dumb asses that work to fund the democrats to sit on their asses. Really it's quite an ingenious self supporting circle of destruction that the democrats have built.

The only folks Barry's selling with that load of crap are his party's vast vast horde of low information nitwits - think Truthmatters - who interpret it as their hero standing up for their dumbasses again.

1) He wants to bankrupt utilities. "If somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them.."

Yes, compared to a natural gas fired power generation power station~Duh!

He wants "higher gas prices, just not so quickly

To push for faster alternate sources of power for transportation.

And you have noticed that he has not pursued any agenda to alter current energy policy policy.

The proof is in the pudding. We've been paying out unemployment checks for 99 weeks, do we have more jobs? Why don't reporters ask these questions? :lol:

After 52 weeks anyone unemployed should get a clue that their job is NOT coming back. At 99 weeks anyone unemployed could have gone back to a CC and received an AA degree with high paying job skills that are needed in the community they live in.

Please tell me what is going to change in the next 12 weeks that is going to turn the unemployed into employees???

I hope the GOP approves the Extention...But those 12 more weeks being the END proving that the so called recovery is just another Obama Lie. Obama will be saying we need More extensions or children will be homeless & starving...
This is Obamas "recovery" that doesn't seem to be recovering!!!

Yes, compared to a natural gas fired power generation power station~Duh!

Gas Utilities using natural Gas from shale are DIRTIER THEN COAL DUH!

Cornell University researchers say that natural gas pried from shale formations is dirtier than coal in the short term, rather than cleaner, and "comparable" in the long term.
Howarth and his fellow Cornell professors, Renee Santoro and Anthony Ingraffea, found the process of "hydraulic fracturing," which is required to extract gas from shale, emits enough methane to make it dirtier than coal.
Methane is a greenhouse gas that is more potent than carbon dioxide but does not last as long in the atmosphere.
Shale Gas Isn't Cleaner Than Coal, Cornell Researchers Say - NYTimes.com

Once again people like you NEVER research before you comment because you repeat the cliched, narrative (i.e. 30 second sound bites because it is all you can handle at one time!!!) meme (again.."an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture.") you are repeating without researching!!!

And you have noticed that he has not pursued any agenda to alter current energy policy policy.

So, he's going to punish those of us who need gas to get to work? How does hurting people financially push for faster alternate sources? The companies providing the current sources will continue to make money and the government is making even more money by increasing the taxes, so where the hell is the incentive for them to change that?

Obama knows damn well that he's hurting all of us with his policies and he continues on without care.

If he cares, he can forgo the billions in aid for hostile countries and give it back to the tax payers he stole it from.

So, he's going to punish those of us who need gas to get to work? How does hurting people financially push for faster alternate sources? The companies providing the current sources will continue to make money and the government is making even more money by increasing the taxes, so where the hell is the incentive for them to change that?

Obama knows damn well that he's hurting all of us with his policies and he continues on without care.

If he cares, he can forgo the billions in aid for hostile countries and give it back to the tax payers he stole it from.

There never has been any president that has made these kind of very stupid comments:
2) He wants to put 400,000 people in health insurance companies out of work: ""I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program"
3) He wants "higher gas prices, just not so quickly" http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8a1_1213236003

If Obama thinks bankrupting utilities, putting insurance companies out of business and WANTING higher gas prices is GOOD for the country this guy is totally stupid!

EVEN if his goal i.e. reducing "global warming".. (By the way ask 90% of Americans this week if they were affected by record cold?)
or naively thinking single payer is better... yea ..how can it be better when $100 billion in taxes and 400,000 are put out of work?
And I still don't know how wanting gas prices to go up slowly or quickly HELPS the average American!!!

YET all these statements WERE MADE before his election and most idiots voted for him in spite of knowing NOTHING about these statements!

Finally Gates' book this week really points out how distasteful Obama finds the military!
I knew he hates the military when he said our military methodically and systematically plan "air-raiding of villages killing civilians"!
Obama said this and again the context may have been different BUT NO ONE should ever give the enemy propaganda material such as the above!
Either Obama is dumber then a rock or he did it on purpose!

There never has been any president that has made these kind of very stupid comments:
3) He wants "higher gas prices, just not so quickly" LiveLeak.com - Obama: Id like higher gas prices, just not so quickly

If Obama thinks bankrupting utilities, putting insurance companies out of business and WANTING higher gas prices is GOOD for the country this guy is totally stupid!

EVEN if his goal i.e. reducing "global warming".. (By the way ask 90% of Americans this week if they were affected by record cold?)
or naively thinking single payer is better... yea ..how can it be better when $100 billion in taxes and 400,000 are put out of work?
And I still don't know how wanting gas prices to go up slowly or quickly HELPS the average American!!!

YET all these statements WERE MADE before his election and most idiots voted for him in spite of knowing NOTHING about these statements!

Finally Gates' book this week really points out how distasteful Obama finds the military!
I knew he hates the military when he said our military methodically and systematically plan "air-raiding of villages killing civilians"!
Obama said this and again the context may have been different BUT NO ONE should ever give the enemy propaganda material such as the above!
Either Obama is dumber then a rock or he did it on purpose!

Of course he did it on purpose. The democrats believe that the worse off our country is, the better off they are. Sadly they have no choice. The more successful people are the less the democrat way of life appeals to them.

Last edited:
supposedly "If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth."Joseph Goebbels quote.

This biggest Obama LIE "We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"
has been repeated SO OFTEN EVEN ardent ACA critics believe it.. BUT it is a LIE!
I've repeatedly posted that of the 46 million SUPPOSEDLY "UNININSURED"...

1)10 million not citizens go to the link: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
In fact, Obamacare explicitly denies insurance coverage to illegal immigrants in Section 1312 (f)(3):
Access limited to lawful residents. If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.
No, Obamacare Does Not Cover Millions of Illegal Immigrants
SO WHY WAS 10 million illegals included in the number 46 million???? Tell a big enough lie!!!

2) 14 million people who SAY they are UNINSURED YET all they need to is register with MEDICAID and this was before ACA!!!
go to the link: http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
I KNOW TWO PEOPLE THAT fit into this category! They are eligible for Medicaid.. YET they don't register because THEY are like the other
14 million.. either too lazy, or other reasons but under the poverty levels THEY QUALIFY as do 14 million others! So why were THEY not
contacted and worked with my Medicaid and worse this 14 million was part of the 46 million BIG LIE!!!

Finally why are people counting these 18 million??
These 18 million people don't want.
They Don't Need.
And they can afford their employers' health plans but don't want to waste their money!
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009
Nearly 18 million of the uninsured lived in households with annual incomes above $50,000 --
over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually.

These 42 million people were bogusly used to jack up the true number of only 4 million... to pass Obamacare!

Folks this was the BIGGEST LIE used to pass ACA and now it's destruction is being felt BY EVERYONE!

The Democrats are toast if unemployment benefits are not extended. Millions of people will have to start looking for jobs and the U3 number will go up.

New Topics

Forum List

Back