The case that Jesus is dead - The Bible itself

Although Jefferson believed in a Creator, his concept of it resembled that of the god of deism (the term "Nature's God" used by deists of the time). With his scientific bent, Jefferson sought to organize his thoughts on religion. He rejected the superstitions and mysticism of Christianity and even went so far as to edit the gospels, removing the miracles and mysticism of Jesus

The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole cartloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in Christianity.”
John Adams

For as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights so shall the son of god be blabla....

seems like after thought stuff to me.
Christians say if Jesus said it it wasn't an allegory so you have to believe it literally.

Hopefully if you realize jonahs just a story it won't be long before you realize so too is the Mary virgin Jesus myth

I judge the Jonah thing and the Job thing to be literature----
of the midrashic type. I do not consider the Jesus story
to be midrashic at all-----something else------not for this board

Other than myself and Penelope, I haven't seen any other Christians on this thread.

Does Penelope claim to be a Christian?

Yes. Her statement of faith made that very clear.

I must have missed her "statement of faith"----all I got was her claim that she was raised catholic----but left the church. What
flavor Christian does she claim?

"He died and came back". That's the essence of Christianity and a statement of faith.

It's a Christian thing, you wouldn't understand.

Other than myself and Penelope, I haven't seen any other Christians on this thread.

I must have missed her "statement of faith"----all I got was her claim that she was raised catholic----but left the church. What

"He died and came back". That's the essence of Christianity and a statement of faith.

Your assertion "it's a Christian thing, you would wouldn't
understand" is a vulgar and presumptuous shit finger
comment. Of course I understand----I grew up with Nazi pig
"Christians" like you and spent lots of time in Sunday school as
a child. Aspects of the muslim propaganda AGAINST that
which they term the PERVERSITY OF CHRISTIANS----is embodied in your statement-----all it takes whilst murdering
FOR CHRIST is a pious "Christ is risen----amen" See?
I even went to Easter mass. Christians like you and Penelope
are very similar to muslims on the way to JANNAH, who scream
allahu akbaar as they detonate their stinking asses ----to
demonstrate their piety-----to their "god"..

It's nothing more than a flame thread.

If I just wanted to flame Christianity I wouldn't bother with chapter and verse and perfectly reasonable observations. Your faith is simply too weak to withstand any doubt or scrutiny. You want your religion portrayed only in ways that reinforce it, but not in any that cast doubt or raise uncomfortable questions.

maybe because we know better than to feed the troll.

It's kinda my fault. He tried to pull the "Jesus is dead" crap on my thread: Letting God say no. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum and I told him to start his own thread on the topic.

No Christians responded to that thread either.
sad-019.gif

Oh it's absolutely your fault. :)

theres more evidence for Jesus' life and death and resurrection than any person in history's life.

Indeed? Such as? The BIble doesn't prove the claims of a Bible. For there to be evidence of something the Bible says, there would have to be corroborative evidence not in the Bible itself. Otherwise your logic is that of claiming sparkly day-walker vampires exist because the Twilight novels say so. :)

Interesting entry here on Religion Facts side-by-side comparison of Christianity and Islam,
Comparison Chart Christianity vs. Islam Religion Facts

Death of Jesus:

Christianity: death by crucifixion

Islam: did not die, but ascended bodily into heaven (a disciple died in his place)

I didn't realize "Jesus didn't die" was a Muslim belief.

I knew that------I learned it in a mosque------LONG AGO---I was young and some muslims I knew (from a little weekend job)---
were delighted that I asked questions-----they thought I WAS
"INTERESTED"----so I got invited. It was a GOOD FRIDAY----
school holiday----lots of kids showed up for the JUMAH thing. The topic of the "learned scholar" that day was THE DEPRAVITY OF THE LYING CHRISTIANS. The Imam claimed that the entire crucifixtion story is a DIRTY LIE-----
I was horrified-----good Friday, no less------I almost vomited
on the carpet. He yelled repeatedly re: Christians
"PERVERSE LIARS, ENEMEEEES OF ISLAAAAAM"

which they term the PERVERSITY OF CHRISTIANS----is embodied in your statement-----all it takes whilst murdering
Are you terminally stupid? Saying Jesus is risen is like blowing up a suicide vest? I can't even converse with someone BSC like you.

Are you terminally stupid? Saying Jesus is risen is like blowing up a suicide vest? I can't even converse with someone BSC like you.

try again-----I never equated "Christ is risen" as an equivalent to a mujahad blowing his stinking ass to hell----
but the HISTORIC FACT is that the HOLY ASSERTION has
been used to justify lots of filth---------The fact was not in my mind when I posted it-----but now that YOU MENTION----yes---genocides were committed for the "Christ is risen" concept-------IN THE PAST

Forum List

Back