Should Pro-Palestinian Protests Be Banned In America ?

They do not apply here.

Like all tRumplings you view the Constitution not as an important foundation for our democracy, but a rag to be used and then thrown away when inconvenient.
Thy certainly DO APPLY HERE.

See post # 55 to learn how.

Not at all, he just tried to blame the Biden administration for the insurrection response.
There was no "insurrection", that is a media hype word and nothing more. In all the charges against over 1000 defendants, the word "insurrection" is nowhere to be seen.

And you are again OFF TOPIC.

As much as I'm against the anti-Israel movement in the United States .. they should not be banned. Free speech can often be offensive and / or unsavory, which is the beauty of the First Amendment; however, once violence takes place, which is a reoccurring pattern we are seeing, each violent anti-Israel gathering should be terminated.

I hope they keep it up .. it's not helping ol' joe!

Agree with you on the free speech, problem is when the FBI is going after protests against abortion clinics and Catholics, free speech isn't applied equally across the board.
It's also interesting when conservatives protest they have to get permits.

Lets take a gander Columbia U. The both Pro-Israel and Pro-Palestinian demonstrations. Both sides became violent. As did groups at U.C. Berkeley. Administrations decided end the camps, but that is no way to deal with the undelying problems both sides. Mainly neither side will talk to the other.

Brown U decided to sit and talk, listen to the arguments and reached an agreement to invite sides to the session (September) for an forum. Jaw/Jaw is better than War/War. (Winston Churchill).
I'm in the YouTube section of my smart TV. I just counted 26 videos of pro-Palestinian protests on college campuses. I don't see even ONE pro-Israel demonstration.

As much as I'm against the anti-Israel movement in the United States .. they should not be banned. Free speech can often be offensive and / or unsavory, which is the beauty of the First Amendment; however, once violence takes place, which is a reoccurring pattern we are seeing, each violent anti-Israel gathering should be terminated.

I hope they keep it up .. it's not helping ol' joe!
Speech is no longer protected speech when advocating for violence on people or groups, other than that we should leave it alone and if we don’t like find creative ways of countering it.

There was no "insurrection", that is a media hype word and nothing more. In all the charges against over 1000 defendants, the word "insurrection" is nowhere to be seen.

And you are again OFF TOPIC.

The definition of the word "Insurrection" is:
": an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government"

That fits what happened on January 6th.

It was an insurrection.

Put on your big boy pants and deal with it.
You put YOUR big boy pants on. I just refuted you. Now when you can come up with the word "insurrection" in the 1000+ charges, post it.

And you are OFF TOPIC now for the 3rd time. Strike 3.

Again, we are talking about violation of law, not freedom of assembly. We do get to determine what our laws are and how they re to be enforced. I don't recall a single pro-Israel demonstration that was done illegally.
There was the one where they tore down barriers and attacked the Pro-Palestinian protesters. That isn’t very legal.

You put YOUR big boy pants on. I just refuted you. Now when you can come up with the word "insurrection" in the 1000+ charges, post it.

And then strike 4
then strike 5

Topics flow. If he were posting about the increasing cost of aluminum siding, you might have an actual complain. But these are just off-shoots of the original topic.

It was an insurrection.

Whatareya gonna do, ground me?

carlton.gif

Forum List

Back