Should Pro-Palestinian Protests Be Banned In America ?

In Europe, various countries (France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, etc) have banned pro-Palestinian protests. In the US, however, pro-Palestinian protests are sweeping the country on college campuses, and now spreading into public parks. These protests now include vandalism to statues and other public monuments, as well as spray painting anti-American slogans on both public & private buildings.

The more these illegalities are being tolerated, they more they grow larger. Very large numbers of police have been sent to deal with these protests, thereby reducing police protection for taxpayers. How many people are being crime victimized now due to reduced police presence ?

Is it time to follow the path of the Europeans, and ban these things alltogether ? Might not be a bad idea to ban the wearing of keffiyehs too, a traditional Palestinian scarf, now being associated with Hamas, and commonly being worn by pro-Palestinian protesters.

Another tRumpling ready to tear up the constitution.

SMH.

For who might not know. There are Jewish Palestinians and Christian Palestinians. Your blanket condemnation is as ugly as it is disgusting.
Well. We can talk about "blanket condemnation" since you bring that up.
In World War 2, Eisenhower carpet bombed Germany relentlessy for 2 years. German cities were reduced to rubble. Thousands of people were killed, including very likely, opponents of Hitler.
Historians claim that without this carpet bombing, which destroyed German factories and fuel storage centers, Hitler may have been able to press the war successfully. Would you like to go back in time, and reverse Eisenhower's decision of carpet bombing, and take your chances ?
My question is always now and always has been this. When fuck people like protectionist the right to decide is and/is NOT patriotic.

No one individual or group of individuals has the right decide rights for any other person, regardless race, religion, ethic background or country of origin.
1. Go back to the 4th grade and learn English grammar.
2. I have every right to decide what is or is not patriotic, as much as anyone else in America. That decision goes into a VOTE for government representatives. Maybe you could also go back to the 8th grade and learn social studies.
3. Go wash your mouth out with soap, so as to engage in a computer forum properly.

Another tRumpling ready to tear up the constitution.

SMH.
Not hardly. If you do not know that there are scores of exceptions to free speech in US law, you'd need to go back to school. Do you need me to list them here ?

Not hardly. If you do not know that there are scores of exceptions to free speech in US law, you'd need to go back to school. Do you need me to list them here ?
They do not apply here.

Like all tRumplings you view the Constitution not as an important foundation for our democracy, but a rag to be used and then thrown away when inconvenient.

In Europe, various countries (France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, etc) have banned pro-Palestinian protests. In the US, however, pro-Palestinian protests are sweeping the country on college campuses, and now spreading into public parks. These protests now include vandalism to statues and other public monuments, as well as spray painting anti-American slogans on both public & private buildings.

The more these illegalities are being tolerated, they more they grow larger. Very large numbers of police have been sent to deal with these protests, thereby reducing police protection for taxpayers. How many people are being crime victimized now due to reduced police presence ?

Is it time to follow the path of the Europeans, and ban these things alltogether ? Might not be a bad idea to ban the wearing of keffiyehs too, a traditional Palestinian scarf, now being associated with Hamas, and commonly being worn by pro-Palestinian protesters.

The Constitution gives citizens the right to peacefully assemble, to protest, to address their government for the redress of grievances. Therefore outlawing ANY protests of anything would be unconstitutional. But for sure government at all levels, including on college campuses, should require that the protests be peaceful and no vandalism, trashing the property, violence of any kind allowed. Those violating the rules/laws should be arrested and jailed or deported.

This approach would not go well for Republicans in the 2024 elections, as the left would seize the opportunity to highlight repeatedly in campaign messaging: The Republicans are thwarting free speech, burning palestinian clothing and removing accomodations for protest. It's less than 6 months .. let them piss off Americans and demonstrate the left's response.

Where I think you're conflating the issues is .. a majority of Americans support Israel. a majority of Americans do not support the anti-Israel protests that continue to turn violent and it demonstrates issues with mass migrations, not forcing immigrants (legal and illegal) to assimilate with American values and creates chaos as each culture pouring into America is trying to force their own agendas.

Let the left eat its own!
It is true that the pro-Palestinian protesters are the worst nightmare the left has incurred, and less than 6 months from a presidential election.
They want free speech ? Let the message of October 7th be heard.

They do not apply here.

Like all tRumplings you view the Constitution not as an important foundation for our democracy, but a rag to be used and then thrown away when inconvenient.

Very much like how these so-called "Christians" cherry pick what parts of the bible they believe in and ignore the rest.

😂 think about what you are saying

You want to ban protests in America and call me a nazi

😂 yes you are funny

Funny strange

Not funny ha ha
Well then, you obviously can't read because that is not what I said moron.

The only people that are not allowed to protest are conservatives.

The only people that are not allowed to protest are conservatives.
Why do you tell lies like that?

Every campus protest ahs a counter protest.

Protestors outside the tRump trial every day.

Charlottesville ring any bells?

Let's at least try to retain a tenuous contact with reality on the subject, ok?

At the Capital they were arrested or shot even if unarmed.

That is the new president in the Swamp.

Of course, others that may protest outside the Swamp but they are simply ignored by the media which defeats the purpose of protesting.

However, it would be preferable to shoot them or imprison them like they do in the Swamp, wouldn't it.

I'm thinking that will be the case in the near future.

They tell the lies because all they have is lies.

The Constitution gives citizens the right to peacefully assemble, to protest, to address their government for the redress of grievances. Therefore outlawing ANY protests of anything would be unconstitutional. But for sure government at all levels, including on college campuses, should require that the protests be peaceful and no vandalism, trashing the property, violence of any kind allowed. Those violating the rules/laws should be arrested and jailed or deported.
Most of what you say I agree with. However to say "outlawing ANY protests of anything would be unconstitutional" is incorrect. If a protest is slanderous, then it is speech outlawed as such, and would be illegal. If a protest was on a witness stand in a courtroom, under oath, and it was false, it would be outlawed as perjury.

In the case of the Palestinian protesters, they are advocating more than just a cause regarding Israeli attacks on Gaza. They advocate the destruction of America, as shown in written graffiti on buildings, and on their signs, and in addition to this sedition, is also their basic existence as a part of Islam, which is unconstitutionally supremacist (in violation of the Constitution's Supremacy Clause).

At the Capital they were arrested or shot even if unarmed.

That is the new president in the Swamp.

Of course, others that may protest outside the Swamp but they are simply ignored by the media which defeats the purpose of protesting.

However, it would be preferable to shoot them or imprison them like they do in the Swamp, wouldn't it.

I'm thinking that will be the case in the near future.
Who was president during the insurrection?

I forgot.

Pretty much, protectionist...

"Morality be damned!! I'm for my country and its allies right or wrong..." is not something you'll hear from serious political thinkers...

He also wants the federal gov't to solve all his problems. I have seen him rant that police should be able to shoot speeding motorcyclists. I have also seen him argue for numerous pages that the federal gov't should take over control of MLB after his team traded someone he liked. But he is a small gov't conservative, to hear him tell it.

Who was president during the insurrection?

I forgot.
1715549087103.png

Lets take a gander Columbia U. The both Pro-Israel and Pro-Palestinian demonstrations. Both sides became violent. As did groups at U.C. Berkeley. Administrations decided end the camps, but that is no way to deal with the undelying problems both sides. Mainly neither side will talk to the other.

Brown U decided to sit and talk, listen to the arguments and reached an agreement to invite sides to the session (September) for an forum. Jaw/Jaw is better than War/War. (Winston Churchill).

Forum List

Back