Should Hamas Surrender?

Aug 19, 2008
I'm amazed at all the talk of a cease fire and return of hostages!

Yet, it doesn't seem that Israel is calling for Hamas to surrender.

Israel seems determined to destroy Hamas through military assault, regardless of how many non-combatants are killed. Israel has the responsibility to destroy Hamas in Gaza, yes, but:

It's time for Israel to issue terms of surrender. It's the families of Hamas fighters in Gaza that will die when/if Israel launches its offensive in Rafah.

Israel should bypass the fat-cat Hamas leadership in Qatar and start negotiations directly with the Hamas fighters in Gaza.

Terms of surrender could include:

All Hamas fighters that were not involved in the Oct. 7 attack will receive no more than 10 years prison sentences.
The internment camps will be monitored by the U.N. and serviced by the Red Crescent.
All non-combatant Gaza Palestinians will be allowed to return home.
Control of Gaza will be transferred to a U.N. security force with a PA civilian government.
Any Hamas fighters or civilians that were involved in any way with the Oct 7 attacks and/or the abuse of hostages will be tried individually for their crimes.

Thoughts?

"Any Hamas fighters or civilians that were involved in any way with the Oct 7 attacks and/or the abuse of hostages will be tried individually for their crimes."
All separate legal issues. Any civilians who assisted HAMAS in crimes will be treated differently than HAMAs fighters. As far as the leaders go -- needed is a trial like Israel held for Eichmann.

Then there is the jurisdiction of the International Court -- but...

Israel seems determined to destroy Hamas through military assault, regardless of how many non-combatants are killed. Israel has the responsibility to destroy Hamas in Gaza, yes, but:

It's time for Israel to issue terms of surrender. It's the families of Hamas fighters in Gaza that will die when/if Israel launches its offensive in Rafah.

Israel should bypass the fat-cat Hamas leadership in Qatar and start negotiations directly with the Hamas fighters in Gaza.

All Hamas fighters that were not involved in the Oct. 7 attack will receive no more than 10 years prison sentences.
The internment camps will be monitored by the U.N. and serviced by the Red Crescent.
Control of Gaza will be transferred to a U.N. security force with a PA civilian government.
Any Hamas fighters or civilians that were involved in any way with the Oct 7 attacks and/or the abuse of hostages will be tried individually for their crimes.

Thoughts?
There are terms of surrender.

Die, you goats, die.

But I'm sure that if Hamas suddenly became human, and turned themselves in, Israel would accept their surrender.

Unconditionally.

Latest information is that about a third of Hamas has been killed. As to the fate of the Palestinian people due to the Zionist genocide, Hamas has resigned to the fact that the civilian population must pay the price of freedom for now.

Iran is not going to surrender and neither are any of Iran's proxies.

The more pressing question is on whether or not the Zionist regime will attempt to destroy Iran and then that would leave Hamas without the backing they need to continue the war.

I suspect that America's/the Zionist regime's war against Iran could be in the planning stage. And that recalls the distinct probability of MAD.

How would they surrender OP?

Do they come out w/their hands saying something like...

"Sarge, here are de gunz, de waar is ova!?'

Perhaps becasue you haven't been listening?

This situation is massively precedented...that is to say it has happened countless times in the past, and "everybody" knows how it is supposed to work.

The defeated "power" surrenders, lays down its arms, releases any hostages or POW's and subjects itself to international sanctions for war crimes. The Japanese and Germans did it at the end of WWII. Again, it has happened countless times in human history.

Of course we have fiasco's like the Korean War, which is technically still going on.

The question is, is there anyone who has the legitimate power to speak for Hamas? I don't know.

Latest information is that about a third of Hamas has been killed. As to the fate of the Palestinian people due to the Zionist genocide, Hamas has resigned to the fact that the civilian population must pay the price of freedom for now.

The more pressing question is on whether or not the Zionist regime will attempt to destroy Iran and then that would leave Hamas without the backing they need to continue the war.

I suspect that America's/the Zionist regime's war against Iran could be in the planning stage. And that recalls the distinct probability of MAD.
What do you mean "resigned to the fact"? Having Gazan civilians killed in large numbers was the entire objective of the Hamas attack. It has always been the objective of the Islamic terrorists who flout the laws of war and commit their atrocities and attacks against civilians behind the cover of their own civilians. That is why they locate their weapons depots, headquarters and mortars and rocket launchers in places like schools, hospitals, mosques and civilian neighborhoods.

Last edited:

Iran has been at war with the USA ever since the many of the members of the current government seized the American Embassy in November 1979. Attacking an embassy is an act of war under international law.

What do you mean "resigned to the fact"? Having Gazan civilians killed in large numbers was the entire objective of the Hamas attack. It has always been the objective of the Islamic terrorists who flout the laws of war and commit their atrocities and attacks against civilians behind the cover of their own civilians. That is why they locate their weapons depots, headquarters and mortars and rocket launchers in places like schools, hospitals, mosques and civilian neighborhoods.
I value your opinion but you didn't address my main points of Hamas never going to be defeated as long as Iran is able to use them as a proxy.

I think that a US/Zionist attack on Iran is no longer in the cards, due to Iran's likely ability to wipe the Zionist scourge against humanity, off the map.

I would be interested in your reply as to how the Zionists and America would respond to such actions by Iran.

Personally, I think that we've reached the 'deterrant' stage on America's ability to escalate. I think that both America and Iran has reached that stage in which an attack by one or the other would be too devastating to even attempt anymore.

If you reply, please do so politely and to the point. I won't be tolerating anymore spamming from you. Choose wisely, depending on your priorities.

Thoughts?
There is a bizarre death spiral which sets in during a lopsided blood feud, whether it be Israel vs. Hamas, the Hatfields vs. the McCoys, the US vs. Al Qaeda, or any other example you can name.

Common sense and logic would dictate that if Hamas perpetrates an attack against Israel which results in an overwhelming and way out of proportion response, Hamas would think twice before doing that again. Or at least that the Palestinian people would choke the fucking Hamas assholes to death themselves just to stop the pain.

But we see insanity take hold in these feuds. The disadvantaged party becomes a suicide cult. They become MORE popular with the people.

And so the hatred escalates.

It's a doom loop.

Hamas could make this all stop just by returning the remaining living hostages, if there are any.

But that's not how blood feuds work. It's a game of wills, and the rules do not allow for surrender.

I value your opinion but you didn't address my main points of Hamas never going to be defeated as long as Iran is able to use them as a proxy.

I think that a US/Zionist attack on Iran is no longer in the cards, due to Iran's likely ability to wipe the Zionist scourge against humanity, off the map.

I would be interested in your reply as to how the Zionists and America would respond to such actions by Iran.

Personally, I think that we've reached the 'deterrant' stage on America's ability to escalate. I think that both America and Iran has reached that stage in which an attack by one or the other would be too devastating to even attempt anymore.

If you reply, please do so politely and to the point. I won't be tolerating anymore spamming from you. Choose wisely, depending on your priorities.
With what little respect you are due, screw you on what you are willing accept or not accept. At some point either the US, Israel, or both are going to launch a serious attack on Iran. Iran has gotten more and more open in their attacks on both the US and Israel. Israel is rapidly approaching the point where it won't care about how the international community feels about its conduct because it draws criticism no matter what it does. When you are damned if you do and damned you don't, it frees you to do whatever is in your best interests and allowing Hamas and Hezbollah to act a proxies for Iran is certainly NOT in Israel's interests.

Iran has been at war with the USA ever since the many of the members of the current government seized the American Embassy in November 1979. Attacking an embassy is an act of war under international law.
If the Zionists attack any of Iran's assets, Iran has declared they will respond with a counterattack, many times more severe and damaging to the Zionists.

The question has now quite obviously become the question on whether or not Iran has the capability, or is just bluffing.

I for one tend to question the outcome of the threat or the bluff, due to the possibility of Iran being in possession of Russian technology that has enabled them with hyper-sonic missile capability that is mostly impossible to completely stop!

Popular thinking is that Iran will send 50 and 20 or 30 or more will make it through.

Such a strike and counterstrike would virtually result in nuclear war.

Forum List

Back