Now that Christie is toast

Now that Christie is toast, who should Republican Moderates run for President?

• Liz Warren

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Raoul Castro

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Trying to treat this thread seriously, now that Christie has effectively imploded, who should the establishment appeal to in order to win over the Not Crazy part of their party?

Scott Walker from Wisconsin, if he survives his re-election bid.

Jeb Bush would be a strong candidate if his name wasn't Bush.

Kasich would be a stong candidate.

Walker would be a good candidate, Kasich would be a great candidate. forget Jeb.

I do not accept the premise of the thead that Christie is toast. Unless it can be proven that he authorized the traffic blockade, he will be just fine. He acknowledged what happened and fired those responsible----something no one in the obama admin has done.

Trying to treat this thread seriously, now that Christie has effectively imploded, who should the establishment appeal to in order to win over the Not Crazy part of their party?

Walker would be a good candidate, Kasich would be a great candidate. forget Jeb.

I do not accept the premise of the thead that Christie is toast. Unless it can be proven that he authorized the traffic blockade, he will be just fine. He acknowledged what happened and fired those responsible----something no one in the obama admin has done.

Ignoring the silly, "But, but, Obama" tirade, because, hey, guess what, Obama won't be running in 2016. He'll be planning his presidential library in Hyde Park.

Christie is toast. He's done. You really think Kelley and Wilderman and the rest of them are going to go to jail for this clown? really?

Kasich and Walker would be better candidates, but the first thing they have to do is get the crazies in the GOP under control.

One would think BO would have been toast before running for the US Senate...due to his Rev Wright love affair, votes on abortion in IL senate, and his long Marxist past. But, no!

Christie is progressive and a pol I could never support. He is another W. But the double standard is clearly visible for those not wearing blinders.

Last edited:
One would think BO would have been toast before running for the US Senate...due to his Rev Wright love affair, votes on abortion in IL senate, and his long Marxist past. But, no!

Christie is progressive and a pol I could never support. He is another W. But the double standard is clearly visible for those not wearing blinders.

If the media had properly vetted obama he would never have been elected the first time. But they could not look into the past of the black guy---that would have been racist.

But it was fine for the media to dig into Palin's trash cans looking for used tampax.

We are living in a very sick country right now.

Ignoring the silly, "But, but, Obama" tirade, because, hey, guess what, Obama won't be running in 2016. He'll be planning his presidential library in Hyde Park.

Christie is toast. He's done. You really think Kelley and Wilderman and the rest of them are going to go to jail for this clown? really?

Kasich and Walker would be better candidates, but the first thing they have to do is get the crazies in the GOP under control.

Well, we will see what comes out on the Christie thing. I don't see anyone going to jail.

On the dem side, if you guys run Hillary, you will have let the far left crazies take over the party and you will lose no matter who the pubs run.

That's not the only stormclouds in Christie's horizon.

Seems he also muscled the Mayors in Hoboken and Jersey City when they didn't give their endorsements. That's in addition to pinching some 2 million dollars from the Sandy fund for a de facto campaign ad. And then there's the matter of placing a campaign donor into a highly lucrative job.

There's a reason Romney didn't choose Christie.

I won't dignify a Nazi by responding to it.

But for the question. I don't think Walker's union bashing is a downside, as no Republican was ever going to get those votes at this point.

Suit your self...I was being serious with my question. I love discussing politics.

liberals do not discuss. They know that if both sides are equally "discussed" they will always lose because liberalism is a failed ideology.

you will not get a discussion or debate from any liberal on this forum. Only talking points and insults. Its who they are.

That's not the only stormclouds in Christie's horizon.

Seems he also muscled the Mayors in Hoboken and Jersey City when they didn't give their endorsements. That's in addition to pinching some 2 million dollars from the Sandy fund for a de facto campaign ad. And then there's the matter of placing a campaign donor into a highly lucrative job.

There's a reason Romney didn't choose Christie.

Maybe so, Christie was never my choice, but I would vote for him over Hillary.

It is funny to watch the left wing media salivating over destroying Christie--I guess the polls that showed him beating hillybilly scared them.

yeah, when your argument includes the words "Marxist" and "Abortion", you really can't be taken seriously.

I won't dignify a Nazi by responding to it.

But for the question. I don't think Walker's union bashing is a downside, as no Republican was ever going to get those votes at this point.

Suit your self...I was being serious with my question. I love discussing politics.

If you want to be taken seriously-

Then don't come out here in a Nazi Clown costume.

Here's the thing. When you aren't outright trolling (which unfortunately, is about 90% of your posts) you do actually make some good points. But frankly, it's hard to take someone who quotes Adolf Fucking Hitler in his tag line seriously.

(Little known fact. Adolf Hitler's middle name really was "Fucking".)

yeah, when your argument includes the words "Marxist" and "Abortion", you really can't be taken seriously.

Oh? how so? Obama voted in favor of partial birth abortion, he spent 20 years listening to Wright rave about the evils of whitey, his mentors mentioned in his books were known marxists.

I know you want to ignore his past and his polictical beliefs, but he is what he is.

he just might be better than that fucking Kenyan mulatto Marxist commie SOB that is there now ! :up:

And you see?

This isn't far fetched.

Putin is a better president of Russia than Obama is of the USA. Thats the only point, don't be more foolish than you usually are.

:lol:

Really?

Putin's an Oligarch that use to be KGB. He's been involved in killing ex KGB agents, lawyers and reporters (and that just what we know of). He dissolved the Russian congress and consolidated power under his rule and throws sham elections. He also appoints governors and circumvents the democratic process.

Yes I am sure Conservatives like those things..but for the rest of us?

Not so much.

[

Well, we will see what comes out on the Christie thing. I don't see anyone going to jail.

On the dem side, if you guys run Hillary, you will have let the far left crazies take over the party and you will lose no matter who the pubs run.

Frankly, Hillary is pretty mainstream and estabishment. So is Obama, for that matter.

I mean, she'll make the Right Wing crazy, but the fact was, Wall Street was pretty happy when her husband was in charge, they made record profits.

Frankly, I don't see anyone on the GOP side that can fix the underlying problem you guys have. There aren't enough angry old white guys to win the election.

Republicans shouldn't run anyone

the progressive DNC media will just go out of their way to destroy them anyway

So we should just crown Hillary Queen and we can get on the way of becoming like Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea

From what I see today it seems what the majority of the left/liberals/progressives/commies want anyway

Last edited:
[

Frankly, Hillary is pretty mainstream and estabishment. So is Obama, for that matter.

I mean, she'll make the Right Wing crazy, but the fact was, Wall Street was pretty happy when her husband was in charge, they made record profits.

Frankly, I don't see anyone on the GOP side that can fix the underlying problem you guys have. There aren't enough angry old white guys to win the election.

Hmmm. are Alan West and Mia Love angry old white guys? Juan Williams son is a conservative republican. Many minorities are realizing that the dem party has failed them and used them.

Are blacks better off today than when obama took office? NO

Are young people better off today than when obama took office? NO

Are women better off today than when obama took office? NO

But continue with the delusion that only old white guys will vote GOP, it will make your destruction that much more enjoyable.

[

Hmmm. are Alan West and Mia Love angry old white guys? Juan Williams son is a conservative republican. Many minorities are realizing that the dem party has failed them and used them.

No, they are all pathetic Uncle Toms... Seriously, Mia Love. "I hate being black so much I marry a white guy and join a batshit crazy cult that says dark skin is a curse from God!"

[
Are blacks better off today than when obama took office? NO

Are young people better off today than when obama took office? NO

Are women better off today than when obama took office? NO

Actually, they are. Most of us are. Bush fucked things up so badly that any progress is an improvement.

[
But continue with the delusion that only old white guys will vote GOP, it will make your destruction that much more enjoyable.

Guy, frankly, I'm not worried about losing in 2016. The GOP is so moribund right now I doubt it will ever be a serious political party again.

Forum List

Back