If you were on Trump's defense team and you were going to try to.........

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
.........show the jury why Michael Cohen's testimony might be motivated by revenge, not fact, would you enter this in to evidence?

Judge finds Michael Cohen's return to prison 'retaliatory,' orders his release

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release of Michael Cohen to home confinement, agreeing with his lawyers that he was wrongly sent back to prison after making public statements critical of President Donald Trump.

Cohen should be released by 2 p.m. Friday, the judge said.

Cohen's lawyers said during a telephone hearing that prison officials violated his constitutional right of free expression on July 9 by ending his home confinement and returning him to the federal penitentiary in Otisville, New York, after the longtime Trump fixer and confidant said a book about his experiences working closely with the president would be published in the fall.

In a statement, Cohen's lawyer Danya Perry called the order "a victory for the First Amendment," adding, "We appreciate the Judge’s ruling confirming that the government cannot block Mr. Cohen from publishing a book critical of the president as a condition of his release to home confinement."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...return-prison-retaliatory-orders-his-n1234712

Hmmmmmmm, I don't think I would. If I were Todd Blanche I would steer clear of it.

OTOH, if I worked for the DNC I might consider including it in a campaign ad calling out the kinds of abuses or power Trump engaged in while prez. Especially seeing as he is promising to do things that are much worse if he gets re-elected.

Cohen testified today about the day he was called to the offices of the SDNY and was given a doc to sign. On that day he was supposed to be fitted for an ankle bracelet and begin finishing his sentence under home confinement. The doc prevented him from writing a book about Trump so he refused to sign it.

Instead of being fitted for the ankle bracelet he was sent back to solitary confinement.

It is the biggest scandal no one talks about. Certainly one The Following doesn't want to talk about.

1. There is no felony
2. No felony was specified in the indictment
3. No felony was specified in the Bill of Particulars
4. Can NY prosecute a Federal Election Law? (No, even if one was broken)

Nah, they’re saying the falsification of business records was to cover cohens crime of campaign finance violation.

You can point them to the various web sites that say braggs legal theory is weak and dubious, but they don’t care…even if it’s a lefty site saying it.

Now, I CAN see the reasoning behind the claim, but I think they lack intent to defraud since the records that were falsified were internal

1. There is no felony
2. No felony was specified in the indictment
3. No felony was specified in the Bill of Particulars
4. Can NY prosecute a Federal Election Law? (No, even if one was broken)
You seem lost.

Falsifying business records is a misdemeanor crime (CRIME).

It gets elevated to a felony if done on furtherance of another crime, be it a felony or misdemeanor

Nah, they’re saying the falsification of business records was to cover cohens crime of campaign finance violation.

You can point them to the various web sites that say braggs legal theory is weak and dubious, but they don’t care…even if it’s a lefty site saying it.

Now, I CAN see the reasoning behind the claim, but I think they lack intent to defraud since the records that were falsified were internal
You’d think Trump’s lawyers would persue your claims

I wonder why they don’t…

.........show the jury why Michael Cohen's testimony might be motivated by revenge, not fact, would you enter this in to evidence?

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release of Michael Cohen to home confinement, agreeing with his lawyers that he was wrongly sent back to prison after making public statements critical of President Donald Trump.

Cohen's lawyers said during a telephone hearing that prison officials violated his constitutional right of free expression on July 9 by ending his home confinement and returning him to the federal penitentiary in Otisville, New York, after the longtime Trump fixer and confidant said a book about his experiences working closely with the president would be published in the fall.

In a statement, Cohen's lawyer Danya Perry called the order "a victory for the First Amendment," adding, "We appreciate the Judge’s ruling confirming that the government cannot block Mr. Cohen from publishing a book critical of the president as a condition of his release to home confinement."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...return-prison-retaliatory-orders-his-n1234712

Hmmmmmmm, I don't think I would. If I were Todd Blanche I would steer clear of it.

OTOH, if I worked for the DNC I might consider including it in a campaign ad calling out the kinds of abuses or power Trump engaged in while prez. Especially seeing as he is promising to do things that are much worse if he gets re-elected.
Being confined at home instead of in the slammer, where Cohen so richly deserved to be, was a privilege. Privileges come with conditions. They are earned by meeting those conditions. But, maybe if you grew up in the age of the participation trophy you never learned that.

If Cohen really wanted to write a book, he could have done so from prison, spending his commissary money on legal tablets and pencils.

The Biden DOJ would have never let a political opponent convicted of crimes out of prison, so at least Trump's gave him a chance.

You’d think Trump’s lawyers would persue your claims

I wonder why they don’t…
No idea, maybe they have tried and the judge dismissed it, maybe they are going for another angle.

Either way, the fact that they don’t doesn’t mean the theory is incorrect. I’m simply reading the law, and the information available at the moment.

Cohen testified today about the day he was called to the offices of the SDNY and was given a doc to sign. On that day he was supposed to be fitted for an ankle bracelet and begin finishing his sentence under home confinement. The doc prevented him from writing a book about Trump so he refused to sign it.

Instead of being fitted for the ankle bracelet he was sent back to solitary confinement.

It is the biggest scandal no one talks about. Certainly one The Following doesn't want to talk about.

I'm reading

Cohen made the choice....

You seem lost.

Falsifying business records is a misdemeanor crime (CRIME).

It gets elevated to a felony if done on furtherance of another crime, be it a felony or misdemeanor
The stature clearly states to elevate the misdemeanor to a felony one must have a conviction of said misdemeanor. You folks always stop at the first part of the law. The very next part starts with AND, that's not optional. Without a misdemeanor conviction there can be no felony, since the statute of limitations has expired there can be no misdemeanor conviction. This whole thing is a sham.

Gee, talking about violations of the 1st Amendment. Trump was gagged by the judge but then, that's OK with you TDSers isn't it? Meanwhile Cohen goes on the media with a t-shirt depicting Trump in jail and is supposed to be an unbiased witness. Overall, there is, as yet, no crime identified that Trump allegedly committed. Sorry I have no tears for that liar Cohen. Almost forgot, the Judge is a Biden donor.

Gee, talking about violations of the 1st Amendment. Trump was gagged by the judge but then, that's OK with you TDSers isn't it? Meanwhile Cohen goes on the media with a t-shirt depicting Trump in jail and is supposed to be an unbiased witness. Overall, there is, as yet, no crime identified that Trump allegedly committed. Sorry I have no tears for that liar Cohen.
Yes there is a crime identified, that is why the grand jury indicted him. Cohen lied for Trump.

I wouldn’t ask to many questions. The burden of proof is on the govt, and so far they haven’t shown us a crime

Forum List

Back