Now that Christie is toast

Now that Christie is toast, who should Republican Moderates run for President?

• Liz Warren

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Bernie Sanders

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Raoul Castro

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Sarah Palin, with Michelle Bachman as her VP.

I don't think Christie was ever a serious contender. He's more the new McCain, and assuming he doesn't get convicted of something, I'll be surprised if he doesn't move to the Senate and spearhead a new breed of NE gop senators more in tune with those of the pre-Reagan past.

I'm hopeful the gop will regain sanity and run someone like Scott Walker. I like Kucinich too, but I think Walker's got more to go with.

NSA spying - Fully legal under the Patriot Act.

Benghazi - An attack by Libyan militants against what may have been a CIA outpost holding Prisoners. Other evidence indicates the video made by a Christian Conservative Zealot denigrating the Muslim religion may have had a hand in it. Republicans also defunded Consulate security.

AP and Fox News spying - Fully legal under the Patriot Act.

Fast & Furious - The government introduced no guns into the mix. It simply watched illegal sales. There was no Scandal.

IRS targeting - Done by Bush appointees. And Liberal groups were targeted as well. This was a result of the Citizen's United legislating from the Bench done by conservative judges. In any case, the activities by these PAC groups were illegal by Federal Law. Congress isn't doing anything about it.

The Hypocrisy is on your end.

I will say one thing for you sallow, you are consistent with your parroting of the dem/lib talking points.

Not a bit of truth in any of them, but you are good at repeating them.

Actually they are all true.

If they weren't? These "scandals" might have legs.

They don't.

By the way, Issa is a Criminal. True story! :thup:

They are only scandals if committed by an R....yeah Issa is a criminal, but Big Ears is a law abiding wonderful POTUS....CRAZY.

I don't think Christie was ever a serious contender. He's more the new McCain, and assuming he doesn't get convicted of something, I'll be surprised if he doesn't move to the Senate and spearhead a new breed of NE gop senators more in tune with those of the pre-Reagan past.

I'm hopeful the gop will regain sanity and run someone like Scott Walker. I like Kucinich too, but I think Walker's got more to go with.
You mean Kasich? :lol:

You mean Kasich? :lol:

Yeah, but obviously I don't put much into him. Portman is a decent guy, imo, but he carries the stench of BushII. But I really do think Scott Walker's take on public unions, and then his realtive silence to the rest of tea party nonsense, may make him palatable to the party faithful, and attractive to independents who don't like waste. Geographically, he could take some states that dems traditionally have to win to win.

Christie's State of the State address in about an hour. They're saying he'll talk about the bridge scandal.

Christie's State of the State address in about an hour. They're saying he'll talk about the bridge scandal.

Funny how a Governor doing that is National news and the President doing it (during the government shutdown) isn't.

Actually, "funny" isn't the right word, is it?

I will say one thing for you sallow, you are consistent with your parroting of the dem/lib talking points.

Not a bit of truth in any of them, but you are good at repeating them.

They don't.

They are only scandals if committed by an R....yeah Issa is a criminal, but Big Ears is a law abiding wonderful POTUS....CRAZY.

Issa stole several cars, got caught with an illegal gun and may have torched his own business.

Yeah..he's a criminal.

A troll thread, obviously.

I think the Republican party should put Mitt up again, so they can keep losing.

MR would have run if Sandy had not stopped the campaign at that crucial moment, the elections were several days later, and MR had kicked the far right reactionaries metaphorically in their collective butt.

I don't track. I think Mitt could have won if he'd back off the 47% bs and run as a uniter and nice guy, but he may have moved too far right to get back without losing the nutter base, which he largely lost anyway.

But are you saying the were it not for Sandy, Mitt could have made a Nixon-like piroutte in late October, or something like that?

They don't.

Issa stole several cars, got caught with an illegal gun and may have torched his own business.

Yeah..he's a criminal.

has he been indicted or convicted of any of those things? NO? then he is not a criminal. In this country you are innocent until proven guilty.

we do not deal in guilt by insinuation---------oh, forgot, you dems do deal in that.

Yeah..he's a criminal.

has he been indicted or convicted of any of those things? NO? then he is not a criminal. In this country you are innocent until proven guilty.

we do not deal in guilt by insinuation---------oh, forgot, you dems do deal in that.

We interrupt our regular programming for a moment in irony.

Forum List

Back