The politics of bread

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I went to the Boathouse in Ellesmere last week for breakfast. I just odered coffee and toast and was offered whit brown or soutsough. I didnt realise that things were so complicated.

But if you go to the local supermarket you cant move for fancy bread. You cant buy a loaf without honey and walnuts these days.

I was raised on sliced white bread but now I prefer more exotic stuff. Cheese and onion sandwich is my sort of comfort food. Grated cheddar and red onion with a touch of pickle.

I wouldnt pay £5 for a loaf though.

I made bread at home it turned out well. Sliced really easy I was surprised cost was less than buying a loaf at the store.
You must be a good cook? Because during the y2k We all tried doing bread... my ol man was a high end chef in Florida- It puzzled him? He knew his match!
I think making bread IS a talent! When I worked at the rest.
ol man Lloyd- ol fella-made sweet rolls. All us girls took a roll- some butter---- wonderfull!
cooking IS a talent! It really is- i aint got it,

I went to the Boathouse in Ellesmere last week for breakfast. I just odered coffee and toast and was offered whit brown or soutsough. I didnt realise that things were so complicated.

But if you go to the local supermarket you cant move for fancy bread. You cant buy a loaf without honey and walnuts these days.

I was raised on sliced white bread but now I prefer more exotic stuff. Cheese and onion sandwich is my sort of comfort food. Grated cheddar and red onion with a touch of pickle.

I wouldnt pay £5 for a loaf though.

I would.

But I'm a winner.

Forum List

Back